Show who has temples built on wonder screen - 77380

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Hi,

    You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

    Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

    Ikariam team

    • Show who has temples built on wonder screen - 77380

      Anyone ever had problems with leaches..
      anyone had this exact problem when it comes to miracle
      I'm pretty sure anyone who has attempted to start a wonder has faced the indiscriminate feature of temple Leachers
      Those who build a temple in their town so they may use the bonuses... without contributing so much as a cent
      now I'm not proposing that we sit and ban all those who leach, although shunned, it is not against any rules
      (apart from the unofficial Island Conduct)

      However if a person does not put any priests into his temple, it is very hard for him to be identified from those that just don't use it and have no temple. unlike those of the donations at the lumber and luxury good mills. where you can see how much is been donated, and the amount of workers such a player has working on the mill

      So i am suggesting that, so many innocents are not lost that the list in the miracle be updated

      I propose three different methods

      1. for the entire list, if a wonder has been constructed in the town, that there is a little symbol indicating that he has the ability to contribute to the wonder. this could even be exspanded to include things such as if the player is inactive, banned, vacationed ect.

      2. that those without a temple are not to be shown in the list'

      3. that if the town/play has no temple on the island then in the number of priest it is represent by a '-' instead of been the number '0'
      if the temple had been constructed then number of priest should be displayed as a number even if no priests are 'on duty'

      I am open to debate, improvements to my ideas and general feedback.
    • Hi Hero-of-Time,

      It's highly unlikely that we as game staff will ban leeches. Part of the problem is that leeching is really more of a "social norm" and in my 3-4 years of playing have come across *vastly* different interpretations on what is fair. Some folks also enjoy the fights that leeching starts - forcing everyone into that mold will remove game dynamics for some players.

      I was torn reading your suggestion if it falls into this dead end idea:

      Nothing that saves you hard, ingame work

      That's right - you're supposed to make some efforts to play Ikariam.
      Basically, things are the way they are to make you work to get them. If
      you suggest an easier method to achieve some effect already present in
      the game, you remove the need for it; thus potentially taking away some
      of the advantage that better players (who have worked hard for their
      account) have.

      Currently you *can* discover who has a temple by occupying their towns and using the "show military" feature to look at their town, thus it could save you ingame work by following your suggestion. I will allow you the ability to tell me how it doesn't fulfill this dead end idea though.

      :turkeydance: -- :83

      Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • I don't see a reason to change it. You can spy people on your islands or be diplomatic and ask people if they have a temple, nothing is stopping you from getting the answers so its not a must do.

      1/5


      Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

      spaPOT wrote:

      no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • Turkeh wrote:

      It's highly unlikely that we as game staff will ban leeches. Part of the problem is that leeching is really more of a "social norm" and in my 3-4 years of playing have come across *vastly* different interpretations on what is fair. Some folks also enjoy the fights that leeching starts - forcing everyone into that mold will remove game dynamics for some players.

      I was torn reading your suggestion if it falls into this dead end idea:
      I totally agree with you, i find that war that come from leaching quiet fun. even if I'm not involved and an alliance war starts over it.
      then the banter that goes on in the war thread is really funny to me. also please don't take my note about banning them literally.
      i was implying sarcasm, i already know that they will not be removed from the game. also unike other leaches there can be no beifit ( leachers of reource mils can be pillaged for extra resources they earn while even tho they do not contribute and can either be used by you, or the 'stolen goods' can be placed into the mill by you on the 'players behalf'. However with a wonder, pillaging or attacking them will serve no purpose in helping towards the end result of either placing suitable amount of priests, or the deconstruction of their temple unless mean things such as bulling tactics are used. (apparently its used alot and wars start over it, as evident by the war thread on unstable worlds (the newer ones)

      Turkeh wrote:

      Currently you *can* discover who has a temple by occupying their towns and using the "show military" feature to look at their town, thus it could save you in-game work by following your suggestion. I will allow you the ability to tell me how it doesn't fulfill this dead end idea though.
      my suggestion was not actually created for the purpose of making life easier.
      it was actually intended to separate those who were innocent from the problem. (those who don't have a temple)
      your suggesting that i should occupy every town on my island to see the two players who wont worship?
      thats a lot of people caught up that should have remained unaffected by this without the implementation.


      (p.s I'm sorry if my sarcasm offended you)

      bamcbix wrote:

      don't see a reason to change it. You can spy people on your islands or be diplomatic and ask people if they have a temple, nothing is stopping you from getting the answers so its not a must do.
      I slightly more valid method since crystal and spies both cost crystal (if you can have a temple, you should be able to have spies)
      this is the only method that could make this a dead idea as this would make it slightly more easier. however my point of this was not t try make the game easier (so be it i now see how it fits that requirement) but so diplomacy can be the first option to resolve the matter and to remove innocent players (those who don't have a temple, and thus don't affect the wonder bonus) from becoming involuntary targets.

      p.s please don't reply stating that 'how does spying create 'involuntary targets' i already understand this, however this was the original purpose of this thread. along with trying to get the wonder donation scheme to be as useful as the lumber or luxury goods scheme in identifying problems

      however a thank you for your feedback, everyone raised valid reasons.
      if anyone can think of a better way to get the intended affect, then please feel free to voice it.
    • Turkeh wrote:


      Currently you *can* discover who has a temple by occupying their towns and using the "show military" feature to look at their town, thus it could save you ingame work by following your suggestion.

      That's true, but do you have to do so for the mills? I think this is a good idea. If I have 10 people on my island and just one doesn't put priests in the temple, how am I supposed to tell who has it and who doesn't, apart from spying?

      Taking the spying idea, say I'm a small player. I have 5 spies, and I'm trying to spy out a bigger player with a lvl32 hideout and all the spies on defence. How well does that work?

      BabyFirefly wrote:

      Being dead sucks

      Wlddog wrote:

      boobies. You have them ( and they are delightful )

      Fuko wrote:

      Porn makes the world a great place.
    • If you're a smaller player with only 5 spies you're not helping your island mates by using those temples.

      Its funny you say you dont have to by looking at your mills, the wonders are on the same exact type of code as the mills and that is why it is left as a 0, not blanked out.


      Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

      spaPOT wrote:

      no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • bamcbix wrote:

      If you're a smaller player with only 5 spies you're not helping your island mates by using those temples.

      But if you're the only one using the wonder, that's a different story.

      bamcbix wrote:

      Its funny you say you dont have to by looking at your mills, the wonders are on the same exact type of code as the mills and that is why it is left as a 0, not blanked out.

      My point is that you should be able to tell who is choosing not to put priests in the temple. I just used the mills as an example because it's very clear who donated how much in the mills.

      BabyFirefly wrote:

      Being dead sucks

      Wlddog wrote:

      boobies. You have them ( and they are delightful )

      Fuko wrote:

      Porn makes the world a great place.
    • Thanks for the support rperera
      seems like this is inconclusive seeing as tho theres only 4 votes.
      and its pretty much 50-50
      Come on you wonder users, wheres your support for the things you rant about XD
    • Show who has temples built on wonder screen

      Would be nice to know who is ruining the wonder miracles by being at 0% but having a temple. Right now I believe the only way to find out is by occupying their town or sending out spies to each town on the island to see who has a temple. It should show right on wonder screen if someone has a temple in my opinion so you can message that person to increase priests or farm them for ruining miracle.

      Signature by me
    • Well on one of my accounts, which is very small I have a temple and a very small population. With 80 priests, I should have around 30-45% island percentage if I'm the only one who has a temple, but it's less than 1%. There are at least 5 other towns, all active and very large, that I know have a temple based on that. Thing is, I can't spy on them, their spy huts are too high, I can't even make it in the town, and I don't want to make myself a target by sending anything and getting my spy caught. Before you ask how that would make me a target, most people assume that if someone is spying on them, it's to check out their warehouses and garrisons to attack them. That's how I am too, and the few people that spy on me on my large account, were I close enough I would pillage them unless they were much larger than me.
      Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill thousands of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill millions of men and you are a hero. Kill them all, and you are a god.
    • Show those who have temples in the "world wonder" window

      It annoys me when the island's faith share doesn't add up when in fact you all have the appropriate level of temples corresponding to town halls. Oh that's right because someone built a temple and did not put any priest in it!!! :cursing:

      With that being said, may I humbly suggest that in the World Wonder window (this where the faith barometer, the island faith share, etc are displayed), in this window, you can see players who have temples. because if a player built a temple but put no priest you cant see it unless you occupy or spy the town.


      How it would be done is, instead of the "go to" column, it will be changed to "temples". And under temples you would see a "check" or an "icon of temple" or whatever in line with the players' name who has it.

      I believe my suggestion would add efficiency to the game. It will save you the trouble of looking out whose leeching faith, which. in opinion, should be transparent.
    • After a number of crushing defeats, Huge Farm eXchange realized they couldn't win in a 3v1, so they called in reinforcements. :blackeye:

      At the end of the day, they still needed to hit the Chicken Button. :lolbash:


      Sea battle near Santorini
      (13.09.2017 5:41:59)
      d3v0[HELL] from Santorini, Marble 3 P, Marble 1 P, Marble 2 P, Marble 4 P, mondlava[HELL] from Polis, Santorini, Marble 2 P, JiangyinMP, Marble 1 P, Marble 4 P, Marble 3 P
      vs
      sanner[-HFX-] from HIGHnMIGHTY, Sober[-HFX-] from Polis, JiangyinMP, Marble 1 P, Hellas, ULFHEDINN[-HFX-] from South Neqada, South Berserker, West Ulfhednar, H u n t e r[-HFX-] from Volga Bulgaria, terry[-HFX-] from Santorini, Rhodes, Hellas

      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Mortar Ship............................42(-0) - Mortar Ship...........................472(-6)
      Tender.................................31(-0) - Tender................................117(-0)
      Ram-Ship.............................20(-900) - Ram-Ship............................467(-900)
      Catapult Ship..........................56(-0) - Catapult Ship.........................329(-0)
      Steam Ram............................107(-40) - Steam Ram..........................1007(-574)
      Rocket Ship...........................0(-134) - Rocket Ship............................0(-46)
      Diving Boat...........................50(-65) - Diving Boat.........................141(-139)
      Paddle Speedboat.......................60(-0) - Paddle Speedboat......................590(-0)
      Balloon Carrier......................46(-101) - Balloon Carrier.....................209(-100)
      Fire Ship...........................10(-1454) - Fire Ship............................11(-456)
      ............................................. - .............................................
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Military.............................-22367.8 - Military.............................-28133.4
      Offensive points......................70333.5 - Defence points........................55919.5
      Damage Received.......................1118390 - Damage Received.......................1406670
      Damage Percent............................44% - Damage Percent............................56%
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Winners: terry[-HFX-], ULFHEDINN[-HFX-], Sober[-HFX-], H u n t e r[-HFX-]

      Losers: sanner[-HFX-], d3v0[HELL], mondlava[HELL]

      The miracle of terry[-HFX-] 'Colossus' is activated. (13.09.2017 5:41:33)


      Congrats to Mondlava for his great work on this battle. :thumbsup:


      Aress wrote:

      DAWN Alliance ( international terrorist organizations )
      -They're very brutal , attacking any player much resources......

    • Wander indicator

      Hello people!!!


      Everyone who has a Wonder should have at least 0.1% conversion and 0.1% island share because he has a Wonder. We can see 5 people using the Wonder but there is other one using it and we don`t know who because all the players have at least 105% conversion and other player has 140% and the wonder is still at 81%. For me makes sense 100/6=16 + other excess. It was same yesterday.

      What do you say people? Should a player with wander be marked with 0.1% conversion and 0.1% island share because he has a Wonder.?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ares4you ().