[VOTE] Spring is here, sit by a tree, and write us a nice story!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Hooray for Ryelle! :hail:

Since replying to this thread is still an available option how about we post some commentaries or criticsm? :lolbash:

TEXT 1

It exhibits the usual banter a diplomat of an alliance receives when one of their members did something that doesn't please another player.

"We have tried in our end to avail with him for almost 4 months
      but to no avail."

This part is confusing. The content was short but fun. Over all, it's still fun to read. :thumbsup:

TEXT 2

Who is Maxual Gutenberg? (is that the Author? oooh, grounds for disqualification :lolbash: )

It's like I'm reading news from my daily bulletin or listening to news. It describes the "assumed daily activities" of the citizens within your local town.
      The text takes your imagination to a spin but the weight of its content is not really that substantial.
      Although the the content is limited, the effort sown in making it neat and presentable is very astounding. :thumbsup:

TEXT 3

A story about a bunny named Benny. Well I can understand that he's scared of the "Demon Digger." A very nice story. It used elements of danger and suspense which was nice. But what I don't like is that WHY IS IT A DREAM :lolbash: It's like watching Lovers in Paris all over again :puke:

You should remember using the correct articles (a, an, the) and punctuation marks as well.

Sorry but I don't like "Dream Stories" (oh yes, just like Alice in Wonderland) :thumbdown:

TEXT 4

Funny :lol:
      Bunnies eat flowers. This sentence took all my attention :lolbash: .
      "He bought the chocolate for 10 euros." This sentence broke the 3rd world barrier :lolbash: but why did the birds tweak? Can't they just tweet?
      Short and nice brother, loved it. Overall :thumbsup:

TEXT 5

This story has piqued my interest quite a bit as it is the only DRAMA I have read so far from all the entries. It's a narration about a child and his misfortunes.
      Even though I don't know how sick the author's mind was pitting a poor helpless child to such misery, the overall plot of the story is really a big mystery which really makes you want to read it more.
      Sad, but yet enticing. :thumbsup:

I'll read the others and tell you what I think of them later... :stick: See ya :beer:

:angelfly: Thanks to OmgMyNameWontFi for the Sig :angelfly:
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Old IGN: LAW (DrUnK)

Come find me on Chess.com! Let's play a game.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tal Mihail ().

• i voted no.1 coz im not a book worm , im lazy reading super long stories , so good luck to no.1 :beer: cheers

My attitude is based on how you treat me. Treat me right and i'll treat you better. Do me wrong and I'll do you worse.
    • Two questions:

A) How does anybody outside of those of us to entered something know that there's anything upon which to vote? I have found no notification at all.

B) Man! Who invited Jean Paul Sartre to enter? (Admittedly, I'm just as guilty as the rest!
    • Looks like the voting is already over huh? My favorite won :lolbash:

Back to my critique.. :D

TEXT 6

Talks about an ill omen or figure that seems to haunt the world of ikariam. It's a suspense type of story which does not offer any other information but does tell how GREEDY and OVERWEIGHT the employees of gameforge are. (yes, read carefully, you'll see what I'm talking about). Though the plot ain't clear about what kind of trouble is threatening their greedy lives the detail of each scene was very clear just like on TEXT 5 so for that :thumbsup:

TEXT 7

Another story centered around a child.

"And so, Dorkus began eating the chocolates. They had an awful aftertaste, however, and were very poor quality. It was then, that he realized, they were in fact left from a bunny. "

This part was funny because if you think about the words "left from a bunny" (it should be BY not FROM) you start thinking, maybe those chocolates WERE NOT CHOCOLATES AT ALL? :lolbash:

Even though the content was short and unfulfilling, because you made me grin slightly I'd still give you :thumbsup:

TEXT 8

Another dream story. Though it is understandable that some stories revolve around such silly cliches we should still try to make sense as to what those dreams are meant to be and not just simply end at that but elaborate further the point the story wants to convey. :thumbdown:

TEXT 9

So Johnny's dad is the leader of the "Flower Association" wow, they must be some tough group :lolbash:
      Well I'm not sure I understood the story right, but Johnny's dad was PRO GUN right? :sniper:
      I'm not sure what to feel about this story but what I do know is that this issue is true and stories based on real life is :thumbsup: for me.

TEXT 10

Oh Rotten egg fill me not with disgust that is within
      For you are not worthy of even a peek, such woe to thin
      Saying BEHOLD does not make it right, for it is only a squire that says that to his master
      Behold the KING and his mighty steed that tramples around your fate and scar
      Bunnylets untrue for this word is naught, and the story is a blight
      And surely to face a wolf, so dreadful, it is to give you a fright
      :thumbsup:

TEXT 11

I'm guessing the author is related to the author of text 6? or just a funny coincidence. :lolbash:
      The threat was still intangible and the plot is still as mysterious as ever. The lines were rushed. Articles and conjunctions were incorrectly used.
      Sorry mate it's like reading an inferior version of TEXT 6 and 10 all over again :thumbdown:

TEXT 12

Ah finally, the one that was admittedly should have been disqualified :lolbash: .
      It's a story about war and gore. Much likely the author's imaginative prowess involving the game Ikariam itself. When I don't have resources, I WILL PILLAGE YOU or something similar or might even describe the Mongols with their steeds and crossbows which did infact sac villages as they were starting their reign and DID CLAIM women and children but not as slave but to PROPAGATE their lineage through the entire world. This was a great story, but try not to insert scripts which were not really necessary like (the tribe of chocolate making people). It wasn't done smoothly but for your effort :thumbsup: .

Ok that's it folks... I have my comments done in... how about yours? :gamer:

Congratulations to the winner bro.. :beer:

PS: Here's a screenshot with a timestamp from CHI server so we know where the votes really stopped :grumble:

The post was edited 5 times, last by Tal Mihail ().

• When his attitude changed because of his son, he expressed it to his political buddies and gave attributes of being a possible terrorist by sympathizing with the citizenry.
    • It is sympathy, compassion, and consideration for others one must lose to feel ok with forcing their ethics, morals, or beliefs on another. This is very deep literature.
    • Hello everyone,

It is time to announce the winners and reveal the names of the authors, for those who agreed.
      However, before I announce them, I want to inform you that it was decided to ignore the guest votes, therefore only the votes made by those with a registered account will be taken into account.

Due to that, the results are as follow:
      - At the 8th place with one vote for each, you have the text 2, by Ninja Butt, the text 6, by isis, the text 9, by News Guy, the text 11, by vmpire321 and the text 12, by ViciouXXX ReXXX.
      - At the 5th place, with two votes we have the texts 4, by govindo, the text 7, by beavery1, and the text 8, by an anonymous author.

Now it is time to announce the top 3.
      At the 4th place with 3 votes, we have the text 3 by Home Made. You win a 3 euros coupon.
      At the 2nd place with a tie, as they both collected 6 votes, we have the text 1, by an anonymous author, and the text 10 by Grawnque. You both win two coupons of 3 euros.
      At the 1st place with 12 votes, we have the text 5 by Tal Mihail. You won a 10 euros coupon.

I would like to congratulate everyone, and give a big THANK YOU to all our participants, that took the time to participate to the contest, that probably wasn’t the easiest one. I hope you enjoy participating and maybe see you for a next contest!

Your Ikariam.com Team
    • Basura wrote:

Hey Events announce the winners

Ryoko wrote:

Now it is time to announce the top 3.
      At the 4th place with 3 votes, we have the text 3 by Home Made. You win a 3 euros coupon.
      At the 2nd place with a tie, as they both collected 6 votes, we have the text 1, by an anonymous author, and the text 10 by Grawnque. You both win two coupons of 3 euros.
      At the 1st place with 12 votes, we have the text 5 by Tal Mihail. You won a 10 euros coupon.