Cuteness: 9/10

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Cuteness: 9/10

Isn't it just cute? Look at the game, just so pretty and cute. I think the next update should be based on making the cute factor a 10/10 simply because nobody seems to care about the lag. Think about it, if these animations are here and you turn them off, your still suffocating ever so slightly because of it. We're all sharing needles with it and nobody seems to care. Lets face it, if they make the next update changing flower colors, having a 3D veraion of the animations so they come right to you, you can see every last person in your town... and when your town is being under attack they run around screaming I think the cuteness factor would just be enough for a 10/10.

There has to be some greater mind out there that is saying: "We need, no! WE REQUIRE more animations.. simply because the first time around they worked out so well." If everh major update is based around this idea instead of the one thing they like to tease us with doing: Fixing and improving the game.

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • I wonder if they could start adding in bloody corpses when towns are under attack, or occupied. That might be a little more realistic. :unsure:

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • I could go for this idea - but let's make it bigger.

we should see rainbows and raindrops too - because you can't have flowers without rain.

Maybe add some little puppies and kittens running in the towns too. Splashing from the guys in the water...the guys on the beach to be playing volleyball. Bring back the fisherman...only let him sometimes catch a fish. That would be cute.

We need to see arguing when we change governments - And then fireworks after the anarchy is over.

Change flags over your capital so that if someone can see in your town they know what government you do have...save those pesky spies for really important stuff.

If you are using euphoria to increase your population? Maybe we see people wandering around barely able to stand up carrying a filled wine glass.

When you lose a battle the flags fly half mast for 24 hours because you are mourning your dead pixels.

Have the academy move so that it looks like they are stargazing...I mean if you adding these other things why not?

It would be cool and well of course I want it so it should be done. (Isn't that the only reason I have to give? oh wait...it will increase donations to the mills and the mines because it is so cute)

automeris wrote:

And I will tell you, I bet most of the people who have left, and many staying including myself, will NEVER try out another gameforge game. I have already looked at games on the web and just closed the browser window when I saw that GF was involved. One experience with this management style is enough for a lifetime.

• They could also add in a new set of animations for when your town's happiness is Euphoric to show where all that population growth is coming from. I think that will bring a new crowd to the game and repopulate servers while increasing the value of market wine. :lol:

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • That might also cause the rating of the game to go from PG to R or X.

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • So much negativity and yet to mention few positive sides of this new animation, I guess wont heart anyone…
      To start with, I’m not fun of animation in this game, and have shot it down since it was started, however lately I noticed few useful things in this last version, like:
      1- The tool tip of workers carrying resources, (at town or island view) is showing the current amount of hourly harvest of that town, and if you stop harvesting then that worker dragging little carriage won’t show up again. A useful tool for players who constantly change assigned workers to mines or saw mill dew to population shortage.

2- In the island view little trade ships sailing around the island, some how are showing the departure and arrival of shipments you have ordered, I know it’s fair to say there is another place to see those movements in much comprehensive way… but while checking something in island view, it is a funny way to remind ship movements for someone who forgets a lot as I do :eyeroll:

Sure we all are expecting much more from GF for game improvements, I don’t know what mobile users are thinking about this version… I guess they are going to wait long to “enjoy” the very little benefits of animation I mentioned above, before having so many essentials of the game on their mobile device that they are missing now.

Don’t lynch me please… :beer:
      An advice used to cost a "Camel" once, Now it is free, but no one takes it ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by LG2nd ().

• There is more… since life is good in this town, and I’m praying the God to keep it this good, just found out that birds flying again coming back from roosting, and it is nice day to take a walk, someone reminded me I have to visit my relatives again, so I decided to log out and visit my sister… despite not being ikarim player she replied to my call urging me to hurry up to tell the latest rumors in the town...

Yeah, those developers are concerned wit our health and social life too... You don’t think they are not, do you? :lolbash:
      An advice used to cost a "Camel" once, Now it is free, but no one takes it ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by LG2nd ().

• The new animations add nothing to the game or enhance the experience. I gave it a try for a while but now have turned animations off because it has become so annoying. This game was never about animations and cuteness, it was about strategy, trading and fighting. It bothers me to think of what other features could have been developed in the time that was taken to develop this cuteness. :thumbdown:
    • For potencial new players graphic and animations are importan - they are things which make them open the game at all. And for most part of my known people exactly cute and reall ynice graphic was the reason to try this game.

You can be ironic or disagree but don't digg all this stuff as unnecessary. There are so many other games with tactics and strategies, but without so good look.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • many gamers wants graphical games , graphics attracts players to play a game like me , you see many fb games that has much beatiful graphics thats why there is always new games created people need more excitement and more graphics to attract them aggree? :thumbsup:

My attitude is based on how you treat me. Treat me right and i'll treat you better. Do me wrong and I'll do you worse.
    • Draxo wrote:

For potencial new players graphic and animations are importan - they are things which make them open the game at all. And for most part of my known people exactly cute and reall ynice graphic was the reason to try this game.

You can be ironic or disagree but don't digg all this stuff as unnecessary. There are so many other games with tactics and strategies, but without so good look.

At one time I was a new player, there were no animations, and the game still hooked me. I respect your opinion and if it works for some and you like it, that's great. But as for me, I don't like it and find it unnecessary. At least they are optional so that is a good decision.
    • I'm not going to bother disagreeing that some players love animations, that's true... but regardless, the game play itself is all thatmatters when it comes to keeping your audience. Must I make mention of a time when their were full servers?

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • MaX P0wer wrote:

At one time I was a new player, there were no animations, and the game still hooked me.
      But now that the game is no longer as good as it once was, they need new ways to hook new players.

Don't tell me you would be hooked by Ikariam if you came across it randomly on the web now! The 0.5.0 interface has got to be the worst interface of any game I have ever played on my computer. Worse than Dwarf Fortress without Dwarf Therapist, even. Trying to scroll down to change your wine use is like playing a video game. You should get a bonus if you do it in fewer than five attempts. Six clicks to repeat a failed spy mission. Twenty-four clicks to do it four times, and a lot of scrolling to different locations. And now your fleet/troop movement screen goes away when you change towns (another action that feels like you are performing a difficult task in a video game) and you need to open it again every time.

I haven't actually looked at the animations, because I am not going to be bothered to turn animations on just to look at them any more than I would turn on Christmas and Easter themes anymore, although I might look someday when I am really bored. But if working on that keeps Gameforge from other so-called "improvements" to the game like the ones that have been reducing Ikariam's quality since I began playing, I say bravo! I'll take cuteness over reduced quality any day.
    • bamcbix wrote:

I'm not going to bother disagreeing that some players love animations, that's true... but regardless, the game play itself is all thatmatters when it comes to keeping your audience. Must I make mention of a time when their were full servers?

I agree, one thing else I would add to this was not only good game play that kept the audience, but Ikariam attracted a lot of great people that made the game play all the better.

As far as I am concerned they can keep the animations, I would rather have the great gaming community, that is what I think makes Ikariam what it is
      Help Keep the Laughter in Slaughter

• I would like to see Fighting gore like the upper post said and more troops training animations and when you got troops going to fight in your town you gotta see troops preparing to fight animations. :grumble: