server merge talk

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• I have always been against this but I will need one big question answered before I can discuss this.
      Will servers be destroyed at all? It sounds like you'll be moving accounts around, not servers.
      How will the server target list be determined?
      If the merge is decided to destroy some servers and I had an account on two merged servers, can I have a grandfathered in legal multi given the cirumstance and make it so account interaction between the two is impossible?
      Will I be forced to merge if I don't want to?
      Will merging servers interrupt my gameplay? How long?
      If I don't like the server I'm merged to, can I merge again?
      Will Chi, Phi, or Ypsilon be merged with each other? (My nightmare)
      Will there be a long time with the merge option so that I can test it out with an account I don't care about before using an account I do care about?
      Will alliances be destroyed during the merge?
      Will my museums go empty during the merge?
      Can I keep my island mills?
      Will mill/mine levels go ti the highest?
      Will my donations score transfer between servers?
      Can someone I'm pillaging merge while I'm fighting in their town?
      Will my friends list be reset?
      When will we get more details?

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • I love it. But then again, I only play on one server, it's dying, I'm about done building.

What I most dislike about this is the process, although I'm not surprised. We have lots of questions. Gamefore doesn't want to give us any answers that might change. In fact, they don't want to involve us at all, just tell us what's going to happen once they've decided everything. I think this is a mistake.

They would benefit by including us, their players, in this. It would reduce uncertainty if we could see what was going on. It would improve the outcome because, Gameforge has repeatedly demonstrated in the past that they do not think of everything, or even most things, that actually end up being a real pain in the donkey. (Surprise full corruption? No randomizing of wonders on old servers? Piracy on same IP?)

But they won't. They'll pretend like they're some sort of gods who will eventually make the right decision. Meanwhile, we will be left with nothing but our own mistaken assumptions to argue about. And one day there will be a posting on the boards that the change will happen in two days. TWO DAYS! In a game where, by design, you can't log in for two days after hitting v-mode. Where it can easily take your navy two days to move to the region of a battle. Where building upgrades can take two weeks! A game of planning where we will absolutely no time to plan.

That's the crap shoot of a sh*tshow that GF likes to run. We will undoubtedly lose some players and some accounts, but still, on the whole, it will let the persistent fraction of those who are left a little bit longer until we decide to quit.
    • You guys are just Whimps quit crying!!!

I will keep playing if we can have a full server again!!! More Farms, more fighting, more of everything!

Yes there is gonna be Bugs, But if I can pick the account I want to merge, as long as my capitol stays the same I could GAFL:
      And knowing GF it will take 75 ungrades and 6years to figure many out, But WTFE, new adventure's with every yes ungrades

Only way I can see they can do it with a new World to merge into, , So it will be your choice to pull a account from one server to the new server! then you can move your towns to Where ever the hell you want as long as the islands are not full, Then it can be the new worlds with lots more miracle possibilities!

So quit you flippin Whining! At least maybe they listened a little bit!

1 Question I have: is the mills/lux/miracles knocked back to 1???? Or can you make them all 20-30?

:thumbup: :beer:

:havecookie: to the BHs

Booze, Buds, Boobs

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      This post has already been reported twice.
    • Waste of money and time for the players.
      I'm still wondering - why are you still here? Is there anything positive you can ever say?

Personally I like merging idea because it's the only one way how to stop server dying (at least for a while).
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein

The post was edited 1 time, last by Draxo ().

• I've been more of a "nay-sayer" just because of all the "complexities" they arn't discussing, but if they are putting serious man power into getting those figured out, and they consider play "complexities" like folks on large donation islands not getting relocated to new islands, I'm all for it. Here's hoping they lose as few folks as possible with the merger.

My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
      * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
    • Draxo wrote:

Waste of money and time for the players.
      I'm still wondering - why are you still here? Is there anything positive you can ever say?

Personally I like merging idea because it's the only one way how to stop server dying (at least for a while).

Let me throw a low number to assume how much ive spent per account and lets see where the numbers go... at the very least I spend 20 USD a month on each account. I play on multiple communities and spend the same rough number in those placess as well. Lets be nice and say I only play on 10 accounts which is not true, I play on more. 20 USD x 10 accounts is 200 USD a month, twelve months in a year, 2400 and ive played on at least 10 accoumts for at least three years. 2400 x 3 is 7200. 7200 USD is a very poor picture to assume how much I've spent on this game alone in only the past three years. So, most of these accounts are here on .com. therefore my total ambrosia and purchases ive made are nullified if one were to be moved merged etc. I'm sorry, tell me the rough nu, ber of USD youve spent per year, please and we'll talk about why this bothers me. Lets see, 2009 I would drop 50-150 a month for wars and would purchase ambrosia for some alliance mates as well... honestly, lets not fix what os crucially wrong with the game, lets keep the same crap just simply toss people togethe.. oh that'll certainly fix something eventually /Sarcasm

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • hay guys lets respect everyones opinion if bambcix doesent like it he don't like it and Kaleg Nar I think they will soon come out with info about that :)

my opinion about merge
      ---------------------------------
      personally I think it will be great im on alpha and theres already lots of competition going around as it is more merges recource frenzy :w00t: the only downside for me might be the bugs glitches etc and honestly cant wait to see how it plays out :thumbsup:
    • I am actually completely for this idea so long as a few of my questions are answered:

I've donated tens of millions of resoruces to my islands in Ypsilion, which is quite a bit considering how new the server is, will it be possible to recollect those donated resources or will they be wasted?

Will server merges be controlled (i.e Alpha and Bravo merge, Gamma and Delta) or will players be able to merge anywhere? I don't think this because newer servers could suddenly have giants from older ones coming in and ruining the new server fun, activity and feel.

Thanks, over all this could go well... or really badly. :mellow:

Some Things Are Better Forgotten

-Original 2009 ViP Delta and DARK Iota Player-
    • Ogame is a much older game than Ikariam is and they started merging Universes over there a few years back(after countless times people requesting that to happen and being told by the volunteer staff that it was never going to happen... oh wait it did!). What makes Ogame different than Ikariam though is that they had FAR fewer variables. Only thing they had to consider was age of the universe, number of players and planet position for the most part(since that determined output of Solar Satellites and Deuterium Mines). Ikariam has far more variables to consider when merging. Such as age of world, number of players in world, Wonder placement, Island development(namely resource nodes since they vary by world and island location).

It makes sense to take younger worlds and merge them into older ones for the best chance of having more established resource nodes for players. Furthermore, offering a free move per city a player owns is not only smart, its necessary. The only issue I can foresee is what to do with accounts that are owned by the same player on multiple worlds that are being merged into one. No idea how players and GF handled it on Ogame but for Ikariam, I think GF would have to allow them to exist per their shared IP exception to Multi-Accounting. They would just have to bar fleet contact(including Piracy). Ultimately, that will lead to players using those secondary accounts as a source of donating or outright deleting it. I also believe GF should allow players to take any remaining Ambrosia on their account(s) and redeem it for a coupon that can then be used to "transfer" or add Ambrosia to another account. That way players who wish to consolidate their Ambrosia may do so.
    • bamcbix wrote:

Draxo wrote:

Waste of money and time for the players.

Let me throw a low number to assume how much ive spent per account and lets see where the numbers go... at the very least I spend 20 USD a month on each account. I play on multiple communities and spend the same rough number in those placess as well. Lets be nice and say I only play on 10 accounts which is not true, I play on more. 20 USD x 10 accounts is 200 USD a month, twelve months in a year, 2400 and ive played on at least 10 accoumts for at least three years. 2400 x 3 is 7200. 7200 USD is a very poor picture to assume how much I've spent on this game alone in only the past three years. So, most of these accounts are here on .com. therefore my total ambrosia and purchases ive made are nullified if one were to be moved merged etc. I'm sorry, tell me the rough nu, ber of USD youve spent per year, please and we'll talk about why this bothers me. Lets see, 2009 I would drop 50-150 a month for wars and would purchase ambrosia for some alliance mates as well... honestly, lets not fix what os crucially wrong with the game, lets keep the same crap just simply toss people togethe.. oh that'll certainly fix something eventually /Sarcasm

For spending so much money on a game you should by punished by Gameforge, even though it works against them.

Thank you Carter & Crosswind

There's a difference between bravery and stupidity - Cookie Monster
      With a bit of creativity there is always another option - Cookie Monster
      You can get beginners luck, but the rest is all you - Cookie Monster

Visit the Fan Art Section
    • ODST wrote:

I am actually completely for this idea so long as a few of my questions are answered:

djakon wrote:

There are however still things that might be subject to procedural changes as due to the complexity of Ikariam as such there things we can only properly evaluate as we go instead of really foreseeing all of them. This is an unfortunate side effect as it means we can not really give you very much of the info or the concept as such as it might still change in vital points which we don't want to announce in dozens of different versions. We'd prefer to give you a clear and exact set of information that will ideally not change much from the first announcement until the actual implementation of the feature. We hope that you appreciate this as we'd like to keep potential confusion and misunderstandings to an absolute minimum.

Same goes for Kaleg questions. No answer so far as nothing is decided yet... and it is part of the things they have to consider in before the merge.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ryoko ().

• While there are some very positive possibilities like alliances being able to pull together in a central location and bring in some of its outlying members etc, there are some huge things that concern me like:

1. What happens to the helios towers we have built, do they come with the city that built them to the next island it moves to, what if that island already has a helios tower? Is our ambrosia refunded for our helioes towers if we lose them?

2. What about players like me who have invested billions in upgrading the mills of the islands they are on, are the new islands we have potential to move to going to have the same level mills as the ones we are leaving? It is not fair to spend years poring resources into our mills just to lose them. I supose they could provide mill upgrade vouchers or something for every X amount of resources a player has put into mills so that they can return the mills of where ever they land into the splendid mills they built.

3. Some players have built around certain wonder, resources, and distances of there chosen islands, so entire city structures may be useless if similar wonder and resources combinations can't be found within similar distances etc.

Will we be forced to merge or given an option to merge.
    • Post 85 on page 5 is where .org's discussion on this merge began. I.figure the more ideas we see, the better.
      .org's merge talk
      One idea in regards to mills that I like is having your donations score be "points" to level up mills on a new server.

Also, Anthikerya gave possibke answers to my questions.

Lots we will have to know and I hope we have like 3 weeks of knowing EXACTLY what will happen so that we can prepare. I truly hope GF listens to our opinions otherwise I think it'll kill Ikariam. To all of us that disliked the idea, I'd say we're in the best position to offer ideas to make sure it's done right. To be repetetive, hopefully GF works with us.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • bamcbix wrote:

I think logic has escaped the thread after that last comment, cookie.

While maybe you missed my point, I won't bother explaining it.

At the end of the day. You have spent 1000's of dollars on a game!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank you Carter & Crosswind

There's a difference between bravery and stupidity - Cookie Monster
      With a bit of creativity there is always another option - Cookie Monster
      You can get beginners luck, but the rest is all you - Cookie Monster

Visit the Fan Art Section