server merge talk

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Hi,

    You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

    Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

    Ikariam team

    • They are legitimate reasons why someone would ask for at least 1 town move per person. Another reason would be a large amount of folks want it and it would be some good PR for GF; a large portion of the folks wanting free town moves are typically against what updates change. Why Turkeh did it only she could say.


      My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
      * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
    • war after merge

      Any war on mexican servers after merge?
      I suppose the old alliances of target servers could make some agreement to take some profit of new arrivals on their server.
    • Griggs wrote:

      Turkeh wrote:

      I did ask for at least one move for those on target servers and was told no. I did try, however.

      If I may ask, is there any particular reason why you asked for exactly 1 free town move for target players?
      If I may ask, is there any particular reason why you replaced the words "at least" in Turkeh's statement with the word "exactly" in your question?
    • lamentation wrote:

      If I may ask, is there any particular reason why you replaced the words "at least" in Turkeh's statement with the word "exactly" in your question?

      I read "at least I asked for 1 town move" instead of "I asked for at least 1 town move".

      I apologize.

      My question regarding specific reasons, which perhaps were or were not stated, remains nevertheless.



    • mastic wrote:

      Any war on mexican servers after merge?
      I suppose the old alliances of target servers could make some agreement to take some profit of new arrivals on their server.

      there haven't been any new DOWs on Iota but the battles section is getting filled with prior wars. I'm also sure that people are having battles too that aren't public. Yesterday I drove a poor man into v-mode after two attacks after they exceeded the number of attacks permissible as retaliation. So sad to see him go. :P


      Heather wrote:

      But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

      HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

      But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • If I may ask, is there any particular reason why you asked for exactly 1 free town move for target players?
      On a related note, are you perhaps allowed to state the reason why you were told "no", if any reasons were stated? And if so, do you intend to share these reasons with the community?
      [turkeh]Well initially I assumed, as most of you had, that all players were getting town moves - when it became obvious that was not the case, I pointed out that even 1 free move would do a lot to make those on target servers not feel like they were getting the short end of the stick. I asked for at least one move for those old players who do not have forge islands that got stuck without them with the wonder changeover. Keep in mind the free town move thing is mostly to prevent people getting shafted by getting stuck on wonders/islands they don't want. I needed a reason to illustrate that those on target servers also need a move beyond "no fair". If I had reasoning from them I thought I could share I would do so - but I do not.[/turkeh]

      Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • Well at the very least free moves should be given, even if the donation pool wouldn't be allowed to come. That alone would stop a lot of players from moving, myself included. The fact that those coming in will be able to bring in their own donations, and be able to find fully developed islands on top of that would be more than enough compensation if the target server players got free moves as well. In my estimation, even with this, the players moving onto servers would have huge advantages (well at least my accounts would, i'm kinda pro-donations)

      Secondly, moves, what would that really help out for the target servers? Well for any ghosted accounts returning on the target servers, they're likely screwed, or got screwed a while ago when returning (grant it, that's their own fault most likely, it'll still give ghosted accounts a re-do for moving servers) Noob players not knowing how to set up their accounts will get a re-do. That's two examples of why moving servers have unfair advantages, not including the old-new wonder system. Heck, anybody that wanted to change their play-style, free second chance. When alliances get together near the beginning of the server, they often work together and are close together, but as the server dies (big time like most are by now) the towns become very scattered... well the movee's will have a chance to fix all that mid-server with already-developed towns... Now i know all island-cores will be near impossible mid-map, that is still a huge advantage none-the-less.

      I know some of this has been mentioned, but frankly, the amount of advantages the movee's would get with free moves + donation pool is way over the top. You want to try and even the playing field as much as possible and while the targeted server players will have some advantages, it's much more lopsided for the movers right now then it would be if they could both move.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by LegendaryKiller ().

    • I haven't checked info in this thread for a long time, somebody can tell me the time that merge server begin, what server will be target server?
      sorry for my bad english :) :)
    • I was a player long before I got into modding, and in my personal opinion, town moves aren't as big of a deal as I thought it was after I saw mx. I was concerned about this also, but considering how the middle of the map will be filled up...only islands on the outskirts will have available spots.
    • I'm not sure if this has been talked about, but with the upcoming merge, if the server Im playing on gets merged to another server what happens to all the wood we have donated to the mills and mines? Will we get a credit that we could apply to our new islands on the new server?
    • Griggs wrote:

      polandpoland wrote:

      considering how the middle of the map will be filled up...only islands on the outskirts will have available spots.

      Please see post #478.


      Not really sure about the point you're trying to make. Everyone in an alliance has to be online at exactly the same time to create a core without any other players there already. And many will find it hard to find an island chain without people already there either from town moving or originally there. The concerns about miracle leeching and strong alliance cores applies to people who come from origin servers also. People in the target servers would have time to fill up their own islands with alliance members while people from origin servers might teleport to an island and find that someone teleports a few days later and starts leeching.
    • ok heres my thinking from a business stand point if there going to do a major game change and offer one said group better options over anouther said group there just asking for bad pr and what ever reasons people say one should get this or that everyone should get the same all the way across the board and iam willing to bet all the people that say they shouldnt get the moves acually will be people that get the moves i for one will get the moves and still think they should get the same option for better or worse i shouldnt be treated any defferent and for all the reason people say there all ready set up so great that they shouldnt be able move to me is crazy if they are so well off then they wont move they will not use them becuase to do so wont help them but we can go on and on about this game forge is going to do what game forge sees fit i have stated my place in this over and over and ive been told iam wrong over and over maby they should just throw all of use in there with out any moves and see how people like that since most that get the moves think they should get them but the otheres shouldnt :rocketlauncher: :rocketlauncher: :rocketlauncher: :rocketlauncher: :rocketlauncher: :rocketlauncher: :rocketlauncher:
    • polandpoland wrote:

      Everyone in an alliance has to be online at exactly the same time to create a core without any other players there already.

      There are Americans, Germans and Filipinos in my alliance. Without planing, we manage to be online at the same time and chat with each other every day. When the server mergers will be announced, we even have time to plan for being online at an exact date and time. Be advised that my alliance members, some of which I know in RL, some of which I know for a long time, will stay up an all night long if necessary. After all, this a decision which will strongly influence your account and your alliance's performance for the next few years. It's crucial.


      polandpoland wrote:

      And many will find it hard to find an island chain without people already there either from town moving or originally there.

      Considering that each Ikariam server has ~5300 islands and that there are ~3500 players on the .mx servers post-merger, finding an empty island cluster is not a problem. In fact, I have registered on Iota.mx, and managed to find several empty clusters within 30 seconds. Sorry to say this, but your argument is nothing but invalid.