How to report multiaccounting if I suspect such but am not sure?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• How to report multiaccounting if I suspect such but am not sure?

I have my suspicions but I'm not entirely sure that a player is sitting on multiple accounts. Also, I see no point raising the question if said player logs in from e.g. work and home separately, as there's no way to verify that. Also, I have issues with snitching so I'd like to be 101% sure before I start accusing others.
    • just dont expect results even if you have sure proof..

Best way to get rid of multies is has always been to raid him and his alliance dry...

The post was edited 1 time, last by VerGe ().

• I have given Ip addresses of these sure multies.. still no action.. even confession have been overlooked. ..Sometimes things just get overlooked since it volunteer people that do the job...for extra ambro of course..

If you really want to get cute then maybe you should think twice..

The post was edited 1 time, last by VerGe ().

• Maybe try to understand - sure proofs are not always sure proofs for banning. Players can think whatever they want (oh yes, they play in te same time, blah blah blah) but GOs have special and strict rules when they can ban someone. So please - don't blame GO if they can't ban someone.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • And thats just it.. You can gather 101% certainty that said player is multi. He can even confess it to via Game message and still there is no certainty that said player will be punished. Fact is that we even have issues with our current "legal" multies. Since they are used with in the rules.

People whose "job" is to punish these people are volunteers. They have their set of tools and they invest the time they see fit to do. Now I havent seen what Ikariam GO:s can see. But I bet its not as much as some people think. Since I know for a fact that GO tools have been pretty bad in certain games in the past.

But yeah, thank you for clarifying the fact GO:s and others are just people. So lets get back to my original statement..

VerGe wrote:

Best way to get rid of multies is has always been to raid him and his alliance dry...

Let the GO:s ban who ever they feel like banning with the proof they say they have and need. They will do that even if you dont report that dude. But you loose nothing if you do report him. I definitely would encourage you to do so. Even when I say that its ultimately up to GO to decide what he/she will do. That decision still dosent mean that reported player isint multi. It could just mean he isint stupid multi.. So even if you report him.. remember to raid him.. and his multies.

ImperialUser wrote:

"confessions" are not proof its hear-say

Im not going to debate on legitimacy of confessions in general. But I do hope that those "report" buttons are not just decorations. Because they look pretty ugly between ignore and delete buttons. And yes Im talking about report this message buttons that you can find in game.

And about my second message.. Never write when you get mad. Im little embarrassed to read that but oh well. Sorry ImperialUser if that felt like personal attack to you. the way you "quoted" me got me little ticked.. You got me on very bad day.
    • VerGe wrote:

People whose "job" is to punish these people are volunteers. They have their set of tools and they invest the time they see fit to do. Now I havent seen what Ikariam GO:s can see.

There is an easy way to fix that, especially since we are short quite a few GOs.
      "It is your fate, forgetfulness. All the old lessons of life, you lose and gain and lose and gain again." --Leto II