Vote for Feature #7

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Vote for Feature #7

So far, GF has failed to give us a choice in something that would be important, these are so small and pathetic attempts to make players feel as though they have a say and uet, amazingly GF cannot do all 3 simple features that for the most part scripts already exist for... so, perhaps in #7 we can get something a bit more major change.

Major change idea 1
      Major change idea 2
      None of the above

that is how simple it should be so we have the choice to deny the potentially horrible ideas you'll shoot at us.

I was debating putting an idea down for the major changes but figured that'd be a waste of my time.

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • I'll agree to this.

They let us choose from options which have no real effect on the game.

They should either implement all of them or else give us better options to choose from.
    • 1. Vacation mode to be shown in the friendlist

2. In the island overview: show alliance tag additionally to the blocker's name

3. Font color of your gold amount changes according to your gold status, +green -red

Please can anyone tell me how someone's gold amount turns into negative number in this game? ?(
      An advice used to cost a "Camel" once, Now it is free, but no one takes it ^^

The post was edited 1 time, last by LG2nd ().

• I can't believe you already don't see the tag. See how that works? You slam someone and someone else slams you back. Skyhawk was saying that he would prefer not to have to do one extra click to get that information.

BTW I know that when I look at the island view...I get the alliance tag. Scripts are a wonderful thing.

PS and I also already see positive and negative gold info too

BUT

where are the features that will really improve the game? Where are the options or choices that can make a difference? We don't get those to choose from...

automeris wrote:

And I will tell you, I bet most of the people who have left, and many staying including myself, will NEVER try out another gameforge game. I have already looked at games on the web and just closed the browser window when I saw that GF was involved. One experience with this management style is enough for a lifetime.

• If I see an occupation flag and I don't recognize the player name, the first thing I do is look up the player's name on the highscore list to see what alliance they're in. So this could be handy. (Yes, I'm lazy and don't mess with scripts. :P)

The gold figure being in colors doesn't seem particularly useful to me. Now if it also showed me how much I was positive or negative, THAT would be handy. Otherwise I usually know already if I'm positive or negative income. It's how much that I find myself needing to look up every now and then.

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • Ryelle wrote:

Dear community,

we'd like to give you - the players - more say in what will be in upcoming versions of Ikariam!

In order to do so we will make a user vote once a month giving you the choice between 3 features. The winning feature will be included in the next update. This vote takes place once a month in ALL Ikariam communities, meaning: all votes will be summed up and added to the global vote result.

The two features that didn't manage to win the poll will not be discarded though, they get thrown back in our pool of features destined to be voted for and will be part of one of the next votes.

And these are the 3 options:

1. Vacation mode to be shown in the friendlist

2. In the island overview: show alliance tag additionally to the blocker's name

3. Font color of your gold amount changes according to your gold status, +green -red

Please be aware that once you've cast your vote you can not change it anymore so think twice before you decide which option to vote for.

You have the chance, you have the choice! Take the wheel and cast your vote!

Voting ends on 13 October 2014 @ 23:55 game time.

Your Ikariam Team

1. SINCE THIS AN IMG TAG INSIDE AND IF STATEMENT THIS IS CAKE!

2. SINCE QUERYING USERID FOR NAME OF BLOCKING PLAYER, GETTING PLAYERS ALLIANCE AT THE SAME TIME INVOLVES CAPTURING ALLIANCE ID ALSO... CAKE!

3. COME ON SERIOUSLY?! THIS IS IF ELSE STATEMENT WITH AN INLINE STYLE COLOR=RED TAKING A WHOLE 30 SECONDS TO ADD.

HAVE THE GF PROGRAMMERS EVEN GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL?! THESE ARE SO MINOR HULK COULD MAKE THEM IN 5 MINUTES WITHOUT EVER HAVING SEEN THE CODE BASE!

THESE GUYS ARE JUST SCREWING WITH THE COMMUNITY AND GETTING OFF ON IT!

"HEY I WONDER IF THEY ARE RETARDED ENOUGH TO VOTE FOR AN INLINE STYLE??"

YOU DO REALIZE THE PICTURES OF THE PROPSED CHANGES TOOK THE SAME OR MORE EFFORT AS JUST IMPLEMENTING THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

The post was edited 2 times, last by The Hulk ().

• Congrats to lameforge for replicating something grease monkey has done for years and calling it innovation.
      You know what's really great about being a narcissist? Me.

Wars won against: BTF, 101st, UN, UNR, BLOOD, VOZER, CELTS, -VIE-(Pi), -VnA-, UbNi, -NL-, REAL, BILL, UNREAL, PIMP, MTO, FUZZ, PIMPx2, Wolf, G-BRO, A-O, PIMPx3, FUZZx2, AOK, WarCry, -VIE-(Sigma), Pinas, -SPA-, FED, -HoH-, FILO, -SA-, TNT, DrInK, TRN, B S(omi), Honor
    • THEY DONT EVEN MAKE GREASE MONKEY SCRIPTS FOR SOMETHING THIS WEAK!! YOU NEED ABOUT 20 OF THESE TO MAKE UP ONE OF THOSE!

HEY GF HULK GIVE YOU A FREEBIE:
      if (netIncome > 0) {this.style="color:green";} else if (netIncome < 0) {this.style="color:red";}

BOOM DONE!

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Hulk ().

• I remember the first time I learned how to change the color of text. I think that's the second thing they taught us on the first day of class.

I can see how this is exciting for them, though, as they clearly skipped that part of the curriculum and went right on to "how to piss off your players and force them into paying large sums if they wish to be competitive 101".
      You know what's really great about being a narcissist? Me.

Wars won against: BTF, 101st, UN, UNR, BLOOD, VOZER, CELTS, -VIE-(Pi), -VnA-, UbNi, -NL-, REAL, BILL, UNREAL, PIMP, MTO, FUZZ, PIMPx2, Wolf, G-BRO, A-O, PIMPx3, FUZZx2, AOK, WarCry, -VIE-(Sigma), Pinas, -SPA-, FED, -HoH-, FILO, -SA-, TNT, DrInK, TRN, B S(omi), Honor