Server Merge - Miracles

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Server Merge - Miracles

What happens to the miracles when the merge starts to happen? I heard that miracles will be reshuffled when the old servers will be joined to the newer ones. Any truth to this?
    • Akohsienyo wrote:

What happens to the miracles when the merge starts to happen? I heard that miracles will be reshuffled when the old servers will be joined to the newer ones. Any truth to this?

According to Turkeh's post from the product CoMa, there is "no mix between old and new distribution."

So I guess the next question is what is a "new" server? Is it a server created after the ghosting rules were enacted (aka servers with no permanent inactives)? Is it a server with the new Wonder distribution? Perhaps a "new" server is one where all of the accounts are smaller than a million points (or hundred thousand or any other arbitrarily selected number)?
      "It is your fate, forgetfulness. All the old lessons of life, you lose and gain and lose and gain again." --Leto II

• Typically when people are talking about wonders and "new" servers, they're referring to the servers that have the "newer" layout of wonder placement. (i.e. forges are on all resource islands, not just sulfur islands.)

As to what happens with the wonder distribution after the merge, that's a question that has been asked many many times and we still don't have an answer yet. I would imagine GF hasn't actually decided yet what to do about "new" and "legacy" servers. The US community has plenty of both kinds of servers.

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • Nothing has been decided since there have been conflicting reports...one person says yes and one person turns around and denies it...

Is GF keeping the legacy servers?

automeris wrote:

And I will tell you, I bet most of the people who have left, and many staying including myself, will NEVER try out another gameforge game. I have already looked at games on the web and just closed the browser window when I saw that GF was involved. One experience with this management style is enough for a lifetime.

• JuneBarcarolle wrote:

As to what happens with the wonder distribution after the merge, that's a question that has been asked many many times and we still don't have an answer yet. I would imagine GF hasn't actually decided yet what to do about "new" and "legacy" servers. The US community has plenty of both kinds of servers.

For the .mx merge there are legacy servers being merged into new placement servers. The wonder distribution will be determined by the target server, not the merging servers. In this instance I do agree with IU that the question has been answered.

Q: What will the wonder placement be after the server merge?

A: The placement of wonders after the server merge will be determined by the target server you choose. No changes in current placement will be made.

The ONLY question that still remains in regards to miracles and merge is whether or not there will be any legacy servers left- which is something I sincerely hope happens. I would NOT want an Alpha account coming down to the first non-legacy server.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • Ikariam goes merge

Old servers (servers with the old wonder distribution) so far were not considered potential target servers. However: it may happen that old servers will be merged with old servers. There is however no mix between old and new distribution.

Just keep in mind that it's not because something happens on a cmmunity (like mx) that it will happen everywhere. GF does study the situation case by case.
    • Svana wrote:

Is GF keeping the legacy servers?

Nobody can say for sure because which servers are being merged where hasn't been announced yet. But the way they announced new servers not mixing with old does sound like they are thinking about keeping at least one legacy server.

My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
      * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
    • Kaleg Nar wrote:

The ONLY question that still remains in regards to miracles and merge is whether or not there will be any legacy servers left- which is something I sincerely hope happens. I would NOT want an Alpha account coming down to the first non-legacy server.
      And I think it would be fair.

Legacy servers got the raw end of the deal when GF changed the wonders. Alpha had people who were FORCED to warp to get the forge. Some of those people already had all their allotted towns already planted. TS doesn't matter when you have everything researched.

Thanks for answering the question IU.

automeris wrote:

And I will tell you, I bet most of the people who have left, and many staying including myself, will NEVER try out another gameforge game. I have already looked at games on the web and just closed the browser window when I saw that GF was involved. One experience with this management style is enough for a lifetime.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Svana ().