Question about Temple and Miracles

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Question about Temple and Miracles

If I have several towns on one island but I only build one temple in one city, do all the towns on the island get the benefit if I activate it? Or only the town with the temple gets the benefit?

Also let's say I have the Colossus on my island. Do I have to keep priests in it 24/7? Or is it possible to wait until I get attacked, then throw priests into the temple to boost the faith level up to activate the wonder to drive invaders away?
    • To answer your question I'll give you an explanation of how wonders work and then get down to the nitty gritty.

Wonders work by faith levels. The faith level is determined by the conversion percentage of all temples on the island. To reach 100% faith all cties (with temples on the island) need to have personal 100% conversion rates. This is often achieved by having a temple the same level as the town hall and filled with priests. Once priests are first assigned to a miracle they contribute to the island faith. All the island faith's are then added up and constitute the faith level in the wonder. A player with a large city but few priests will drag a wonder down by this because for island faith it's as if all towns on the island were one huge city and combined with the priests (hence why everyone needs to keep 100% faith). To go from a level 0 miracle to a level 5 (100% faith) takes about 100 hours. (1 per faith percent if I'm correct.) When you activate a wonder, it's benefit extends through your whole empire.

So in regards to the forge: Any units you have receives the benefit for those 24 hours regardless of if it's in the city or 2 days away.

With the colossus: No. It takes time to raise the faith so priests are needed 24/7.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • Kaleg Nar wrote:

To answer your question I'll give you an explanation of how wonders work and then get down to the nitty gritty.

Kaleg Nar wrote:

Wonders work by faith levels. The faith level is determined by the conversion percentage of all temples on the island. To reach 100% faith all cties (with temples on the island) need to have personal 100% conversion rates. This is often achieved by having a temple the same level as the town hall and filled with priests. Once priests are first assigned to a miracle they contribute to the island faith. All the island faith's are then added up and constitute the faith level in the wonder. A player with a large city but few priests will drag a wonder down by this because for island faith it's as if all towns on the island were one huge city and combined with the priests (hence why everyone needs to keep 100% faith). To go from a level 0 miracle to a level 5 (100% faith) takes about 100 hours. (1 per faith percent if I'm correct.) When you activate a wonder, it's benefit extends through your whole empire.

Kaleg Nar wrote:

So in regards to the forge: Any units you have receives the benefit for those 24 hours regardless of if it's in the city or 2 days away.

Kaleg Nar wrote:

With the colossus: No. It takes time to raise the faith so priests are needed 24/7.

Kaleg Nar wrote:

To answer your question I'll give you an explanation of how wonders work and then get down to the nitty gritty.

Alright thanks for the explanation :)

So if you're the only occupant on your island but you have several towns there, then it would be pointless to build more than 1 temple since any extra temples would only require extra priests but wouldn't give you any benefits. Am I correct to say that?

Also would it be a good idea to keep your Temples empty in times of peace? And only fill it up with people when you know you're about to go to war with someone.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jayla ().

• Jayla wrote:

Kaleg Nar wrote:

Kaleg Nar wrote:

Kaleg Nar wrote:

Kaleg Nar wrote:

Kaleg Nar wrote:

Alright thanks for the explanation :)

So if you're the only occupant on your island but you have several towns there, then it would be pointless to build more than 1 temple since any extra temples would only require extra priests but wouldn't give you any benefits. Am I correct to say that?

Also would it be a good idea to keep your Temples empty in times of peace? And only fill it up with people when you know you're about to go to war with someone.
      Having more than 1 town with a Temple worshiping a particular deity/god or Wonder does yield a benefit. When you have multiple towns with a Temple worshiping the same Wonder(say Hephaestus or the Forge for example and btw it does not have to be the same island), the COOLDOWN on the Wonder decreases. The more towns you have worshiping at 100% Faith to the same Wonder, the greater the reduction on the cooldown. It is even possible to have a cooldown as long or even shorter than the effect of the Wonder(In other words, it is possible to have the effect of the Wonder active DAILY(aka Perma-Forge in the Forge example)).

To see what the cooldown would be on any particular wonder, use Draxo's Wonder Cooldown Tool: Draxo's Wonder Cooldown NOTE: Form of Government has a role to play on Wonder Cooldowns(*cough* Theocracy *cough*).

Also, War can come at any time so its best to keep your Priests working daily, even in peace time. Furthermore, if you don't have your priests working, its best that you don't have any other players on the island using the Wonder. Otherwise, your going to have a Wonder Leeching incident on your hands(remember Island faith?)
    • DarkHelmet wrote:

To see what the cooldown would be on any particular wonder, use Draxo's Wonder Cooldown Tool: Draxo's Wonder Cooldown NOTE: Form of Government has a role to play on Wonder Cooldowns(*cough* Theocracy *cough*).

Also, War can come at any time so its best to keep your Priests working daily, even in peace time. Furthermore, if you don't have your priests working, its best that you don't have any other players on the island using the Wonder. Otherwise, your going to have a Wonder Leeching incident on your hands(remember Island faith?)

That's really cool! Okay you helped a lot to explain things up for me. I thinking of getting 3 towns on a Poseidon island next to me. The double speed would effectively mean that I can pillage twice as fast! :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jayla ().

• As mentioned above, the form of government Theocracy works really well for players focused on reducing miracle cooldowns. For maximum effect, you would want multiple temples of the same type and Theocracy.

For "perma-miracles" where the effect lasts longer than the cool down, allowing you to immediately reapply the effect:

Forge: 6 temples + Theocracy
      Poseidon: 5 temples + Theocracy