#1 Can we prove God(s) exist?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• griz song explains every thing lol

Fred calls at almost 3 o clock songs meet by cellular vibrations and promised revelations, and mystical manifestations of the eternal and divine. Still blows my mind with all these thoughts traveling at the speed of light, caught by my phone to remind me that I’m not alone, that it's time to do a rain dance, cause they ain’t no such thing as chance. We are for sacrifice, a battle of symbol of sacrifice, to a symbol of a god. And that’s what we had to do, Fred and I. Journey to the other side of “why” to the last number of pi, we own the illusion of eyes, a more accurate end to have what is called a ceremony. Where we take the divine stage of ritual and myth, turn water into wine, we find our minds and unwind ourselves to a clearer perception of existence, because that’s what we are… “Human Beings” it is the human version of beings. Seeing that is in itself, the first step to enlightenment.
      It’s time we chimes a couple more times when all of his words begin to fit together like tightest define, divined to battle through time emanating from the mouths and minds of all the true unseasoned prophets. And like rockets, Fred speaks spells, blows on conch shells, rings bells, and tells me to let his words enter my ear. so I can hear and speak past these ridiculous limits of time and space.. Force me to answer his questions. Do I want the revelations or speak the incantation? Raise my level of concentration, begin my own personal transubstantiation. And now I’m on a beach, now Fred and I are on a beach, and now could be the beginning of time for all I know. But even that is more make-believe, for time does not exist. Time is what vomits from our mind as we try to comprehend that, which is beyond human comprehension. That which is so much a part of us, that it is beyond us. Eternity… But I’ll try to explain it. Or rather I’m gonna poke a hole in this piece of cardboard, and point it at the sun. And this isn’t really a solar eclipse, but the image of a pinhole point at it; because at the end we can never actually see the eclipse, because in the end, it all means nothing. When you add up all the highs and lows, the joy, the pain, the lightness and the dark, everything cancels itself out. In the end we’re all just heading towards zero. Zero is the perfect balance; the net charge of the universe is zero, an infinite force pushing against its infinite and opposite for all of eternity. That equals zero. In other words, zero and infinity are two sides of the same equation. Which is to say: “the moment is eternal, and eternal is the moment.” The moment is eternal. And all eternity exists in this one moment. Therefore, we are eternal. Therefore we are in heaven. And hell, hell is being in heaven and not realizing it. Lifetime, after lifetime, after lifetime… I am eternal. And thus do not exist, except as everything. I am the light to the life; I am the bread of the everlasting covenant, and which in no way implies that I am god. No my brothers and sisters I do not profess to say that I am Jesus Christ. What I’m trying to say though is, maybe... maybe... He is me.

When I understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, in that moment, I also love him.
    • Eloy, the song you posted doesn't offer proof of anything. First off, song writers really don't have a lot of technical knowledge to be an authority on such matters. Second off, songs use quite a few metaphors which doesn't bode well for rational debate.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • why would i start my post with that the heading meant i thought that he got it right not this it on way it could be and yes it could be wrong we all could be wrong

When I understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, in that moment, I also love him.
    • The question is "can we prove god exists" your second post was that you didn't put it here for proof in other words you have none, you are however suggesting what God is/can be which isn't the question therefore n8, you cannot prove god exists. The rookie mistake was not RTFT.

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • Well, the simple reason behind it would be then therefore everyone that says yes is wrong. The not so simple reason behind it is because of the difference between "proof" and "faith" you can believe your god exists and have faith in it, therefore objectively it could exist, but only your specific version and only to you as nobody will have the same specific belief system to justify it's existance to any other person, but still it's not proof and it's not "good enough" honestly, for whatever reason humans feel the need to be the smaller being and have been placed here yo serve out some higher purpose. That's what makes them a worthless species. We should delete them all.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• God could mean a lot of things.
      I assume we're talking about the all knowing, all seeing, all powerful creator of the universe & beyond.. THAT God.

There is no hard proof to suggest he, she, it exits.
      I'd argue that all you need to do is look around, is all this purely random chance? 1 person might say you roll the dice enough times and it's bound to happen.. the old infinite monkey's, infinite type writers, infinite time analogy.
      That it was destine to happen if for no other reason then for us to be here to ask the question.

As I get older something inside me, intuition? Tells me this is not random, the who, the what, the why? I do not know which religion is right, maybe they all are, maybe none of them are.
      I have to consider that a lot of time has passed before I was born, Maybe there was answers to these questions now lost to time.
      Pretty much every society has some sort of religion, almost all of them believe in some sort of higher power.
      Is God and religion just a manifestation of a common flaw in the human brain? Was it simply a requirement for any successful society to maintain order? control?, conformity?, or Is there something there that modern man has trouble seeing?

On a personal level I believe there is a God, I not know the grand plan, I do not know Gods demeanor.
      Perhaps there is no plan, Perhaps we're just an experiment in some beings high school science class.
      If we are made in God's own imagine.. who made him? If god is everywhere why would God have any form at all?

How do I even know this existence is real? maybe you're all figment of my imagination? maybe Im dreaming you.
      Maybe im in a coma, maybe Im playing grand theft auto 2,305 and when I die I'll wake up to a game over screen having mere minutes passed.. maybe we're all playing.

Maybe im God, Maybe I just forgot that I am.

Maybe you could drive your self nuts trying to answer these questions.
      Speak softly and carry a big stick.
      Carsten van Husen: We employee some of the most skilled howler monkeys bandanna's can buy!; Sure they have an unnatural fascination with their own excrement and a compulsion to throw it, But we're still the most innovative simian based company in the industry.
    • A few things I'd like to point out completely due to common misconceptions. Nothing is random, randomness itself is not random and nothing can be or will ever be or has been random. That is not to say that I believe a god created the world, it is simply the fact that randomness is impossible. Even a random number generator is not random (for those that like to say the incredibly stupid) the location of any given tree in a forest is not random.

secondly, it's not hard to believe that most if not all (I haven't done full research on the subject so, I won't over exaggerate it) cultures had their own god or gods. They also would execute, exile or imprison any that did not believe or conform to their standard. So, to question if religion was or was not the breaking point of a society to be successful or not is almost laughable. Also when you consider the availability of printing presses or simply educated (enough) people to write out and make available the books of (insert religion here) again, how could one not see how demanding it was, but the availability itself doesn't prove or disprove. Perhaps, many chose god due to the Luther era where priests and holy men were offering your guaranteed tickets to heaven for you or a loved one that may have passed due to the disease at the time and by default, because of the stupid belief that they sent your loved ones or you to heaven at the incredibly high price of (I was going to say your soul but I suppose that'd be taken the wrong way......ish..) What they decided to charge, you became a believer. But, nothing proves it. It's annoying when people mention how we were created in God's image and we were put here for a reason (let's not get technical, so I won't question what reason until somebody else decides to put that point in the thread) and they completely fail to remember that humans are a very small part of this world. Consider this: ants are plentiful and small and live in colonies. God put them there for a reason and as humans, you don't need to question the reason so long as you seem to believe your reason for yourself is correct, which then makes you selfish and ignorant.

Moving on...

How to believe this existance (aka the one that you are currently in questioning your existance or belief thereof existance) is real? I suppose the same way you believe God is real. If you believe hard enough, it must be true? No other option, right?

P.S. I say you a lot, it's not directed at anyone in particular, it's just so I don't end up saying "One" and get annoyed with the improper justification of that itself is.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• i dont believe in god the way most people do i don't believe he (i use he because i don't know what else to put there because i don't think god has a gender) created the universe i believe he is the universe he is me he is u i am him you are him this every thing good and evil is him if u add ever thing together u would have god

and about randomness is only something out of our control something that we can't recreate over in the same way so yes randomness is real to use

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eloy ().

• For me, god and randomness are very similar.
      They both are used when we don't have the maths.
      And since we know more and more, their realms are getting smaller and smaller.
      Randomness is mostly used as a shortcut while gods are used as total intellectual cop outs.

My totally unsubstantiated opinion, is that quantum physics probabilities are probabilities just like throwing dices give "random" results to the untrained eye.

Schluups, Mad ruler of the Schluupsonians
    • Time is then also randomness. You can't control time, you can't recreate everything that happened in one exact millisecond everywhere and therefore, time is randomness.... or do you prefer the creation of the planet? It's random, therefore god does not create the world, as it's creation itself is random, cannot be recreated and therefore, technically god did not create it.

all use a simple example so that you may understand easier of something that is thought of as random and isnt. 20 employees write their names on a piece of paper, are asked to fold the paper and toss the paper in a hat. The paper is the same size, the boss is pulling the names and the names on the hat are shaken by the boss before being pulled out. The boss reaches in and pulls out employee 3 ' s name, who put their name in the hat third. It's not random that employee 3 name was pulled out, it was based 8 multiple factors, how well the names were mixed, the angle the paper was in at the time, the way in which it was folded, what the boss did when pulling the name out, if they went to the bottom or top, if they mixed it more, everything that was done caused this "random" choosing to happen. (Lol I was going to explain the rest of it but I assume most can understand from just this.. I'm probably wrong though)

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• he put his hand in that hat with out knowing witch one he was going to pick he could of easily pick the one next to it or he could of put his hand to the bottom

take a penny it has two side (there is a chance it can land on its side but i won't count that) probability says it should land on both side the same amount of times but i flipped it 100 times and it only landed on tails 29 times i flip it another 100 times and i get that it land on tails 60 i can't predict witch one it will land on so it is random i can create a robot that precisely makes it land on heads every time if i put it heads up and vice versa but using my thumb there is no way i could predict how its going to land so yes there is a since of randomness

but i don't believe we are here by random no i believe that we were created by some but what i can't rap my mind around is why and were did it start