#4 Is there an Afterlife

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Hi,

    You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

    Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

    Ikariam team

    • #4 Is there an Afterlife

      Well, I will argue yes based off of memories. We can only remember something if a future us remembers it. If there's no future us that remembers it, such as in a blackout, you go to the first moment in which a future you remembers. If there is no part of us left to think after death then there would be no future us then to remember our experiences and thus we would not be able to experience and recall life like we do.


      Heather wrote:

      But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

      HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

      But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • I believe in an Afterlife.

      I believe we were created by the universe and we're connected to it,
      as long as the universe exists we will in some form or another,

      well that's what I think anyways, I'm not just set on that opinion either I'm very open minded about these kind of things,
      we never really know.
    • I don't think there is an afterlife. Our consciousness is made in our brains, a collection of neurons connected with tiny electric impulses in a specific way that lets us remember things, make decisions, and have personalities. When you die, those electric impulses stop and all your experiences, your personality, is gone. I don't believe in a "soul". I guess the closest to a soul that I think exists is the consciousness. Dr. Jenner in The Walking Dead but it pretty well. Just ignore the obviously walking-dead-related stuff.

      youtube.com/watch?v=ToBp9O-F99c
    • Considering I know this to be fact, this is an easy question to answer. Yes.. There is an after life... I've been there. I was more alive there than I have ever been at any other point in life. Your soul is free'd from its bio-jail and is able to absorb information at a rate many times faster than it is now. I fought to stay, and was not allowed to. I woke up speaking in a language I still do not understand to this day. Life.... our life.... this life.. the one we are currently having on earth, is the grounds on which we learn from our mistakes. We find out the truth of what its like to live for ourselves and how far selfishness will get you. The answer is, nowhere. The more selfish you are the more hollow and lonely you become. The very idea that humans are the majority in the next life is laughable as well. There are sooooo many creations out there, and our imagination even in the next life can only scratch the surface of the shear magnitude of what is actually out there.

      Reminds me of the argument of two twins still inside their mothers belly. 1 tells the other that mother exists... the other denies that mother exists.. The first says mother is all around us, and the other said "well if mother was all around us, would she not let us know she actually exists?" The first assured the other that there was in fact life after birth, and the other twin laughed and said that there is nothing after birth. You simply vanish into the nothing in which they originally came from. I am sure we can all see that there is actually in fact life after birth, despite all the hardships, pleasures, adventures, pains, we are all actually far better off than pre-birth.
      "Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God"
      -Author- Founding fathers of the United States.

      Proverbs 24 verse 21-22
      Luke 22 verse 36

      Childrens Story, sort of.

    • -_- consider this: your brain creates countless worlds, universes and utterly, in the wend we consider them dreams. In these dreams, we can all call them an afterlife of such. But, when your body shuts down completely, that world no longer exists. The only thing after life is death. Comfort yourself in that and see that by knowing this, there is then more meaning to your life. An afterlife creates impossible and completely unimaginable things that are not connected to the imagination themselves, no eternal slumber for a peaceful set of mine, just Death. Period. That is what we live for, what we achieve and where we aim to go. An afterlife seems to connect ones self to another person at times, would it not then mean that your then saying an after life is a heaven? Otherwise, the connection itself is illogical, so, with the heaven conflict, who and what chooses if you're there, in hell, wherever, is it a peaceful thing like is claimed? What makes it so interesting to the human mind? Simple, humans are weak and need a place to rest humbled by their own self centered righteous deeds.

      let's not go out of our way and compare reality to some old countries fold tales, this is what we live for: nothing other than ourselves. Define that: our own happiness. What we die for is the survivability of the rest of the world. It is just that cruel.


      Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

      spaPOT wrote:

      no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • Personally, I don't believe in an afterlife. Although, there is no way to prove there is or isn't.

      Bamcbix brings up a good point, our mind creates images, world, and universes. It allows us to have or to feel like we have some sort of grip on the world around us and on the things we don't understand or have knowledge about. Death is scary, to most, therefore our mind tries to ease it by creating this world that is the afterlife where we live on.

      Scientifically, we have no way of knowing. Therefore, allow your minds to be free and imagine as you like.
      "To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace."
      George Washington
    • Wlddog wrote:

      Considering I know this to be fact, this is an easy question to answer. Yes.. There is an after life... I've been there. I was more alive there than I have ever been at any other point in life. Your soul is free'd from its bio-jail and is able to absorb information at a rate many times faster than it is now. I fought to stay, and was not allowed to. I woke up speaking in a language I still do not understand to this day. Life.... our life.... this life.. the one we are currently having on earth, is the grounds on which we learn from our mistakes. We find out the truth of what its like to live for ourselves and how far selfishness will get you. The answer is, nowhere. The more selfish you are the more hollow and lonely you become. The very idea that humans are the majority in the next life is laughable as well. There are sooooo many creations out there, and our imagination even in the next life can only scratch the surface of the shear magnitude of what is actually out there.
      I would make the argument that everything we do is for self-gain. If we donate money, we feel good that we are helping out less-fortunate people, etc. That doesn't mean we are all bad though, since we still help others. But this isn't really related to afterlives so moving on.
      Reminds me of the argument of two twins still inside their mothers belly. 1 tells the other that mother exists... the other denies that mother exists.. The first says mother is all around us, and the other said "well if mother was all around us, would she not let us know she actually exists?" The first assured the other that there was in fact life after birth, and the other twin laughed and said that there is nothing after birth. You simply vanish into the nothing in which they originally came from. I am sure we can all see that there is actually in fact life after birth, despite all the hardships, pleasures, adventures, pains, we are all actually far better off than pre-birth.
      Metaphors cannot be used as proof, since it is a comparison. It can give me a better understanding of what you think an afterlife is, but in no way is it evidence. If you want to treat it as proof, I would point out flaws such as the mother's incapability to communicate effectively with the babies (whereas a god would easily be able to communicate with post-birth humans).

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Australix ().

    • @ Australix

      You obviously do not understand what I am telling you, but thats ok. I did not expect everyone to. Your point of donating money somehow fills my self-worth or self-gain of sorts, is laughable. The fact that selflessness actually relates directly to the afterlife and your inability to follow that logic means your probably not going to like the afterlife. But.. moving on...

      There is a logical point to be taken if this is actually something you wish to discover for yourself. Its called research. All throughout human history there has been account after account of people who have died and then returned to tell their experience. While each story has its own flavor, there are many things that remain a constant. Anyone that actually wants to find it, they only need to look for themselves. The very idea that you are somehow "better" than the majority of human history and somehow questioning the very idea of an afterlife makes you better than someone else is laughable too. This may very well be another of the situations where the proof is in the pudding. Look at the people that have actually died and came back to give witness of their journey. While its possible some will be fakes, is it logical that 100% of them are fake? Just because you do not have the tools to provide the proof, does not mean it doesnt already exist. Do the research yourself. Put aside your prejudice and pride. Find out what you do not already know.



      @ War Man

      Using our current level of science, we are still unable to find out what is below the surface of the sun. We are also unable to decode our very own DNA. While some o fit is mapped out, we are still baffled by its complexity. Currently, a single DNA strain contains more data than every computer on earth can hold. That is according to the science community. Currently we will have to redesign how a computer even works... step up our technology, just to begin to understand something as simple as DNA. The last 50 years of research was unable to decode it, and thats just a basic building block of life. One of the many questions that hav been raised, that points to intelligent design, instead of random spawning, is that all DNA turns the same way. If it developed on its own, roughly 50% of it would turn the opposite way. If we were all designed, then we were deigned for a reason. And a quick life here on earth, one that is over too fast, raises the question of why. Why come up with entire planets,, eco systems stacked on eco systems,,, all stuffed full of unique and diverse life, that somehow all balance themselves out. Each of those living creatures with the amazing ability to recreate itself. Something that is FAR above our ability to make ourselves. All this amazing progress humanity has already made, and yet we are still baffled by the simplest parts of life. We can't even figure out viruses. No.... Intelligent design is the only logical option. And we were designed for a reason. A reason that far outlives this life.

      In response to using our science to prove something that operates outside our reality, is like the cave men yelling at the ice glacier to make it stop moving. A waste of time and has no power over it.
      "Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God"
      -Author- Founding fathers of the United States.

      Proverbs 24 verse 21-22
      Luke 22 verse 36

      Childrens Story, sort of.

    • It's always interesting to me when somebody talks about how there's no way all these people could be wrong about ___ that alone is a religious conversation in general,it is a feel good to know that your beliefs are right and this rereligion's beliefs are wrong, right? If it were, by consensus, okay to kill a 2 month old baby with a plastic bag according to this religion of this culture but not okay in yours, are the 100% of people from that religion wrong? Why is it that 100% of a small group of people cannot be lying? Cannot be dreaming of what they want to see, since logically, this is what they want to see, if i, as an example, we're to be an NDE-er, I would see nothing. I could make this story up and easily do so with the type of person I am of how, instead of flying through walls and seeing ancestors and being in a wonderful place, I was walking in an open field of nothingness, grass, withered, trees dead, sky darkened.. what would make my story less believable than one of the others in the same category? Other than my lack of religious belief (which is essentially what it'd come down to...) humorously, if you're reading this and saying well that wouldn't happen or it doesn't happen like that, I suggest you look at the religious backgrounds of the people who's stories you've read and heard about, find people's stories from other religions and compare them. It's needless to say this but the stories never add up, but the assumption is that we all end up in the same places, no?

      I also enjoy how you make this a continued debate of why make this planet type of thing, I suppose afterlife debate would be for the religious for the most part but evenso, assume that this planet is where we ended up by chance, by ssurvivability, by some incest - making couple where a woman is from a man's rib... sure, whatever you want, but the things about debates is that you try to only debate the subject at hand, not cause further debate. Our lifetime is on subject but where the planet comes from, why we are here... it certainly isn't to find out in the afterlife. Finding out our purpose doesn't somehow connect with if their is an afterlife and even if it does, isn't the purpose pointless at that point, in fact that raises even more questions than it'd answer, why make this life in the first place if death leads to another. I mean, are we talking about Dark Souls or reality? I kinda favor Dark Souls' way if this is the debate we're walking into.

      humorously, back to my original point, your belief and want in an afterlife serves you and only you, it creates a feel good and an ease of death vs. The logical way of looking at things.


      Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

      spaPOT wrote:

      no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • @Wild Dog:

      I read everything in this thread. You are arguing based off emotion. Not even faith, just unreasonable gut feelings that you wish so badly to be true that your brain does mental gymnastics just to give you peace of mind. But you're wrong about a lot of things here, and these easy examples (which your provided) are proof that you live in a bubble where your beliefs somehow outsmart science and reality:


      Using our current level of science, we are still unable to find out what is below the surface of the sun. We are also unable to decode our very own DNA. While some o fit is mapped out, we are still baffled by its complexity...


      We DO know what is below the sun's surface. First Google link
      We ARE able to decode our DNA. We are not baffled by it's complexity. First google link

      The reason we can do this is SCIENCE.

      Religion wants to say: Here are the answers. Don't question it. And only we have them. And if anything proves us wrong, we are still right [insert mind pretzel logic for why].

      However, science says: What is the question? Let's test every conceivable method and use every resource we have to find an answer. If our current answer is ever disproved, that's okay! Sometimes we get it wrong, but let's come up with a new answer. (I'm sure Neil deGrasse Tyson could come up with a better way of saying that, but it's good enough)

      If we just accepted (certain) religions as fact, then we would still think our Earth was created on the first day and the sun started to revolve around it days later. Conclusion: society would stop seeking answers and stop progressing.

      Now, in regards to afterlife: my theory is the brain releases endorphins to comfort you in its last moments, essentially leaving you in a euphoric state. During a NDE, it may be common to see a bright light/dead family members/doctor operating on you but perhaps, under the duress/drugged stage, the brain is just coping with the duress of dying. The thing is, this theory has been tested. We know what endorphins do, and we know they are released during NDE, so it is a pretty solid theory. Sure, it can be proven wrong, but it isn't some answer I pulled out of thin air. There is research!

      My challenge to you:
      Afterlife, where? what? Think logically, perhaps scientifically, for one minute. We don't live in a world of magic or invisible angels. Is this unmeasurable energy/soul/ghost leaping out of your mouth the second you die? Where does it go? Actually think about that for a second because you probably never have. Your brain just felt more comfortable with this idea of an afterlife and never decided to question it because it would shatter your a belief system based on emotion and no facts. My guess is you will brush it off with mental gymnastics because whatever you say will be discredited with another first Google link retort.

      For clarification: my answer is the "afterlife" feels exactly how it felt before you were born. Nothingness. Sure, it is scary, but it is also invigorating to know that I only have one chance at this thing called life, so I need to make the most of it.
    • @ Ryan

      Ok.. lets see if I can narrow this down to your bullet points.
      1. My arguments are based off of emotion
      2. Religion Bad
      3. Science Perfect and untouchable, if you agree with it.

      Ok.. got it.. My research bad... your research good. got that too. Hmm.. Did I miss anything? let me go back and check..

      Ok.. lets start with your first link... The below the surface of the sun. To correct you, we dont KNOW what is under the surface... we also dont know a huge % of our own ocean too. When is the last time we got a probe to take a sample of whats below the surface of the sun? I kind of think that would provide proof of these theories. Not that it matters if you get proof or not, seems theory is good enough for you.

      Moving on to second link. I opened you link,,, yes i did. And they themselves said they are now getting a good WORKING DRAFT... hmm... seems theory is good enough for you there too. That wasnt even very far into the reading.. That was the intro. They are telling you about a WORKING DRAFT that they have come up with. Thats not proof either. You seem to live your life based off of faith unseen as well. Interesting. So when do you go to your church of science? Is it on sundays too?

      So.. I will sit back and wait for your argument, because so far I see your first attempt has failed to disprove my original statements. You yourself work off of Faith in something you obviously dont understand yourself. Try again.



      @ Bamcbix

      I feel the need to ask... Whats a Bamcbix? I know thats a total side question, but I just wanted to ask.

      Alrighty.. back to business.. Lets have a look at what you said.. Hmm.. seems you said, "Why is it that 100% of a small group of people cannot be lying?" Now lets see.. you used the word SMALL... what part of the majority of all man kind, do you find small? Look at the history of humans. How many of them were religious, or believed in something greater than themselves? We dont even have to include history. Look at how many people call themselves christians hmmm... It seems Reference Link there are roughly 2.18 billion people that are Christians. Yes.. I see your point in calling them a "small group" Quite so. So your argument is that religion is just a handful of insane people that believe their dreams are real, just happened to get together and form a no profit organization and should not be taken seriously. Is that your quest? You seem quite involved in trying to prove that something DOESN'T exist. How about you start there. You want to claim that proof guides your footsteps. Prove that the after life DOES NOT exist. Come now man of science. Prove what these people saw was just flickers of light and imagination. The Question of the thread is "Is there an Afterlife" Not prove religion is wrong. So.. Step up and show us what you got. I await your next riveting installment.
      "Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God"
      -Author- Founding fathers of the United States.

      Proverbs 24 verse 21-22
      Luke 22 verse 36

      Childrens Story, sort of.

    • Wlddog wrote:

      Ok.. lets start with your first link... The below the surface of the sun. To correct you, we dont KNOW what is under the surface... we also dont know a huge % of our own ocean too. When is the last time we got a probe to take a sample of whats below the surface of the sun? I kind of think that would provide proof of these theories. Not that it matters if you get proof or not, seems theory is good enough for you.


      You CONSTANTLY prove you have no understanding how science works. In fact, if you passed a 10th grade science class then I am shocked. You lack a basic understanding, or a willing ignorance, on the topic.

      We can know things without actually sending a probe to prove it. How the heck do you think we got to Mars? We didn't just randomly send a million probes up there until one finally made it. We had scientists crunch the numbers using physics, engineering, mathematics, etc., etc.

      My favorite example to stop you in your tracks: Galileo told the world the Earth wasn't the center of the universe (BLASPHEMY!). Your logic = how could he REALLY know unless he actually went to the moon or could verify from further away? Well, science! Shadows, orbits, etc. TADA! Proof and he didn't even have to leave Earth to do it.

      True, we don't know what is below the ocean, YET. We are constantly knowing more and more. We are constantly using science to build better instruments to get deeper and deeper.

      They are telling you about a WORKING DRAFT that they have come up with. Thats not proof either.


      What the heck is wrong with a working draft? It takes time to experiment, peer-review, test, retest, etc. until we can prove something. That's the very nature of science. We don't just pick a piece of DNA and say "god put it there" and are satisfied with the results/stop questioning it. We don't just pick a piece of DNA and say "that probably controls the eye color. Let's just do a quick test and then move on to the next one out of billions of other DNA"

      3. Science Perfect and untouchable, if you agree with it.


      I never said science is "perfect, or untouchable." I VERYYYYY clearly stated that stance. You either have TERRIBLE reading or debating skills, are trying to be dishonest because that's the only way you think you can beat me in an argument, or are intentionally trolling. I said science makes mistakes, but evolves and finds a new answer. Human errors occur. The biggest difference is when errors occur in science, we remedy them. When errors occur in a bible written by fallible humans many many years ago, there are excuses for them but they are still, somehow, true.

      As for comparing faith in science to faith in religion: First Google Link.

      To sum up: there is a difference between "I have faith that penicillin will cure me" and "I have faith God will cure me"
      My faith is backed up by numerous tests and experiments and trials and errors (faith in EVIDENCE). Your faith is no different than praying to Zeus or the Earth or your dog, and it will not cure you because the bacteria inside of you won't just go away (faith in ignorance).

      PS: I know you were talking to Bambix, but I've already answered this:
      Prove that the after life DOES NOT exist. Come now man of science. Prove what these people saw was just flickers of light and imagination.


      Also, you do know the burden of proofis on YOU to prove something exists. That's like telling me to PROVE Santa Claus doesn't exist. When dealing with things that don't exist, I can only counter your evidence that you provide that he is real.

      So when people say there is an afterlife because they saw a the bright light...well, science can counter that "evidence" with a rational explanation.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ryan ().

    • @ Ryan

      Oh goody goody.. you responded. Happy days are here again. :D

      Ok.. I went through your really long explanations and noticed a few things. Lets begin.

      You said
      You CONSTANTLY prove you have no understanding how science works. In fact, if you passed a 10th grade science class then I am shocked. You lack a basic understanding, or a willing ignorance, on the topic.

      We can know things without actually sending a probe to prove it. How the heck do you think we got to Mars? We didn't just randomly send a million probes up there until one finally made it. We had scientists crunch the numbers using physics, engineering, mathematics, etc., etc.

      My favorite example to stop you in your tracks: Galileo told the world the Earth wasn't the center of the universe (BLASPHEMY!). Your logic = how could he REALLY know unless he actually went to the moon or could verify from further away? Well, science! Shadows, orbits, etc. TADA! Proof and he didn't even have to leave Earth to do it.

      True, we don't know what is below the ocean, YET. We are constantly knowing more and more. We are constantly using science to build better instruments to get deeper and deeper.


      To which I am forced to reply,, looking at this scientifically, you just did a bunch of name calling and trolling. No idea what point that was, but i'm very happy in your effort. Yes yes.. scientists crunch numbers they found. Hurray for them. I'm sure your VERY proud of that. I thought you wanted to operate off of "proof",,, not "theory" Guess you dont know what proof means. Oh well. Lets continue.


      Your said
      True, we don't know what is below the ocean, YET. We are constantly knowing more and more. We are constantly using science to build better instruments to get deeper and deeper.

      Congrats. That part is correct in your statement. Lets move on.

      You said
      What the heck is wrong with a working draft? It takes time to experiment, peer-review, test, retest, etc. until we can prove something. That's the very nature of science. We don't just pick a piece of DNA and say "god put it there" and are satisfied with the results/stop questioning it. We don't just pick a piece of DNA and say "that probably controls the eye color. Let's just do a quick test and then move on to the next one out of billions of other DNA"

      Seems you have never been around or done any sort of engineering or scientific research departments. Lucky for you, I have. Lets define what a working draft actually is so everyone is on the same page.

      :grumble: "A working draft (sometimes called a draft document) is a type of technical report that is a work in progress, a preliminary form of a possible future document. A working draft indicates a commitment on the part of the issuing organization to do further work in the area outlined in the document. Several revisions of the working draft may be issued before the final document is written, or the document may be made obsolete by future developments." :grumble:

      This means, they just have a rough idea what is going on, and can very quickly and easily find out they are completely wrong and need to revise the entire process or line of thinking. This mean they DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING YET!!!!

      Moving on..

      You said,
      I never said science is "perfect, or untouchable." I VERYYYYY clearly stated that stance. You either have TERRIBLE reading or debating skills, are trying to be dishonest because that's the only way you think you can beat me in an argument, or are intentionally trolling. I said science makes mistakes, but evolves and finds a new answer. Human errors occur. The biggest difference is when errors occur in science, we remedy them. When errors occur in a bible written by fallible humans many many years ago, there are excuses for them but they are still, somehow, true.

      As for comparing faith in science to faith in religion: First Google Link.

      To sum up: there is a difference between "I have faith that penicillin will cure me" and "I have faith God will cure me"
      My faith is backed up by numerous tests and experiments and trials and errors (faith in EVIDENCE). Your faith is no different than praying to Zeus or the Earth or your dog, and it will not cure you because the bacteria inside of you won't just go away (faith in ignorance).

      PS: I know you were talking to Bambix, but I've already answered this:


      This is nothing but a bunch of time waster comments. Filler. empty threats and trolling that moves nothing further. Anyone can throw together random examples and pass it off as useful. Not worth commenting on really, but I do like to not leave any lose ends.

      Moving on...

      You said,
      Also, you do know the burden of proofis on YOU to prove something exists. That's like telling me to PROVE Santa Claus doesn't exist. When dealing with things that don't exist, I can only counter your evidence that you provide that he is real.

      So when people say there is an afterlife because they saw a the bright light...well, science can counter that "evidence" with a rational explanation.


      For starters... The burden of proof is NOT on me. This is not a court of law. That too I have a fair amount of experience with, so I actually know what that statement means. I am not pressing charges on anyone, so no, the burden of proof is in fact NOT on me. You are answering to a threat that asks a very simple question. Very simple indeed. Lets refresh everyone's memory that has actually read down this far, in case they thought this thread said something along the lines of "does the bible exist and is it true?" This thread actually asks the question, "Is there an after life" ** goes back and looks just to make sure, comes back and is happy with result** This thread does not ask for proof of after life, it just asks if there is an after life. One I have already personally witnessed myself and am fully prepared to not be believed. Perhaps the next time I die I will be sure to bring my cell phone and can perhaps text you or even call you to provide you with proof. I wonder what the roaming charges would be for after life calls. Hmm....

      So.. Lets try this again. If you are demanding proof, then I am demanding proof that your argument is valid. Provide me Proof the after life does NOT exist, or do I need to repeat myself again on who actually has burden of proof?
      Files
      • ROSE.jpg

        (7.69 kB, downloaded 18 times, last: )
      "Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God"
      -Author- Founding fathers of the United States.

      Proverbs 24 verse 21-22
      Luke 22 verse 36

      Childrens Story, sort of.

    • I've been a bit lazy to write my own stuff and I do apologize for that as there are some interesting points in this.

      Just a couple of quick things though.

      wilddog wrote:

      I thought you wanted to operate off of "proof",,, not "theory"


      In the scientific world, the word "theory" has a much stronger meaning than it does in everyday life. For example The Theory of Gravity is a common term. But we don't just think it might be there, we're pretty damn sure. That's just an example of what theory is in science. For something that wasn't sure in science the word "theory" wouldn't be used. (It's always good to clarify terms used in a debate.)


      It takes me a while to think things out on deep philosophy like is going on here, but I'll contribute more to the discussion at a later point. It's been interesting to read though :)


      Heather wrote:

      But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

      HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

      But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Kaleg Nar ().

    • @Wild Dog

      You're understanding of science is that of a 4th grader. Which is frustrating, because you have no idea how science works AND you INCORRECTLY argue against it.

      Your thoughts on "theory" alone show you have no idea.
      Your crying over name calling, ignoring many of my strong retorts, is a sign of weakness.
      Your twisted concept of "working draft" is simply mind-boggling. Not sure where you come to these conclusion, I am at a loss for where to begin on how to counter such an argument.
      Your willingness to ignore "burden of proof" shows you like using logical fallacies.

      I regret to inform you that I tried having a rational and logical discussion, but I will no longer respond to you. After that last comment, I honestly wonder if you truly are a troll because your responses are just more and more absurd.
    • Sure, 2.2 billion people are christian.. out of that 2.2 billion people how many have had this "visit to the afterlife?" How many total people? Seriously, after that comment I have nothing left to say to embarrass you further.


      Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

      spaPOT wrote:

      no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • @ bamcbix

      Ah yes.. your unwillingness to prove even the simplest points proves you are not worthy to be on this level of thread. Please try again later. Bye bye. I had not even begun to argue my points. Such as the fact that I was only referring to just the Christians, not ALL religions on the planet. All these people alive today, all believing in a higher power for one reason or another. The shear number of them is amazing in itself. You want to talk about "small groups" of people.. That would be you. You are the minority in that. There are far more people that believe in something greater than themselves, than dont.



      @ Ryan

      I see you have embraced the concept of name calling. Such a waste of time. My self worth does not hinge of winning you over to my side or becoming my bestest best friend of all time. So your opinion of me is rather boring. Name calling just makes you seem childish. Lets try to elevate this to a higher conversation. Bring forth your best argument, and may the readers be able to benefit from our written words. For it is not you or I that will change our ways, but give the readers what they much desire. That is a debate. You have entered this arena, bring forth your mind. Stammer us with your whit and compel our imagination to sore by your descriptive arguments. It is time to dance my friend. Shall you meet the challenge or will you shrink back to playground tactic's and eventually take your ball and go home?
      "Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God"
      -Author- Founding fathers of the United States.

      Proverbs 24 verse 21-22
      Luke 22 verse 36

      Childrens Story, sort of.

    • The simple fact that you continue to avoid that out of 2.2 billion people, only a minority of those people claim to have been on the other side, out of that minority, multiple discrepancies occur with all of their fairy tales.

      if you cannot even see that, then you truly shouldn't be wasting anyone's time with your comments. You have it sounding as though EVERYONE has been to the afterlife, shaken the :cursing: of god and gotten a service from the Easter bunny while riding in Santa's slay. Virgin Mary you say? Unspoken :cursing: is all I see.

      Showing that something does not exist requires significantly less proof than you may think, you're the side that requires the proof and I simply show you why your reasoning are flawed. Want to prove their is an afterlife, give one piece of solid proof that shows that an unknown or dark secret, treasure or lost lineage that would be impossible for the likes of you, your generation, the previous generation and the previous one from that could possibly know or hold secret. That , while coming back from the afterlife would spark interest in whether or not their is one.

      talking about far greater things shall I speak of the far greater death tolls Christianity has caused than ANY and EVERY other religion, people etc? Such a loving God of its own people and somehow your flock still manages to follow it with hopes of going some mystic place that is better than your cruel lives just simply based on the fact that it's the newer, therefore most accurate belief that has a feel good story of a :cursing: who was an okay person... really?

      (Lol apparently the censors made me really go back and read for that last one)


      Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

      spaPOT wrote:

      no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:

      The post was edited 1 time, last by bamcbix ().

    • @ Bamcbix

      Alrighty.. I'll play along. lets look at 2.2 billion people and i'll assign a random percent of people that have had after life encounters and were able to come back and tell everyone about it. Hmm... let me think. I think I will say .1% will be the number of the day. .1% of 2.2 billion people. I myself have spoken to 4 or 5, not including me, but that doesnt matter to you. Out of 2,200,000,000 people we are going with 2,000,000 people have had this sort of experience in their life. A few of which I have myself been able to talk to about it. But lets not stop there. There have been small children that have come back from major surgeries where the doctors lost them on the table, and only after several minutes of fighting were lucky enough to bring them back. Those small children were able to give physical descriptions of distant relatives that they could not have possibly known, such as great grandparents long passed away. They were able to give physical details and names, then able to pick the person out of an old photo album that had been left untouched for years. Amazing stories like that that have been published and even made into movies because they were just so unfathomable. If I remember correctly it was very well documented and many many examples were given from just that one young childs few minutes of death, examples where he was able to tell people about their dead family. Examples like a military man that asked him to tell the soldiers mother he was ok now, and she should not worry about him. The mother had been praying for comfort for a long time on it and this recently resurrected child was able to give physical features and able to pick her son out of a row of people, in a photo, and say that this was the man. Never once messing up. Yes.. I can say that there is an after life.

      Those that would like to read this amazing childs story please look for the book "Heaven is for Real" Here is the movie trailer of it, Movie TrailerA few minute interview of said child

      This is but one example of an eye witness account of someone unable to give detailed information that no one ever told them. Those of you reading this, know this, there is an after life. What you do in this life matters. Do not live for yourself, live to make someone elses life here a better one because these things matter. They matter big time. There will be a day you have to answer for it all. Try your best to not make that day no worse than you already have.
      "Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God"
      -Author- Founding fathers of the United States.

      Proverbs 24 verse 21-22
      Luke 22 verse 36

      Childrens Story, sort of.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Wlddog ().

    • Everything that is said is hilarious so, I'll continue to entertain. 1 student out of 1000 in this certain survey claims the following points after supposedly dying and being to the other side:
      the devil is real
      all that die go to hell
      the devil walks among the living
      God is the devils plaything
      Jesus served the devil.

      all of these points are repeated in another 500 cases where there were exactly 1000 students in a survey and they were all number 777 in the survey. The givers of the survey were baffled and tried all sorts of combinations to see if it were something specific to the students themselves until one last time when they took a survey with 1000 students, over half of them were the .1% that stated the above and now, during the survey, Noone fell into that minority.

      I'll move on since clearly you won't have any response on the above... I like how you refer to these stories as "Amazing stories, but since we're on this percentage of christians, isn't that entire story just full of miracles? Haha, that was a rude low blow, not nearly as rude as your link to that story, poor kid anyways. Up next, Noah... poor animals. Both being used for someone else's purpose.

      since you enjoy asking silly questions, I'll ask one of my own, are you a preacher? You certainly have the same logic as one.

      Corinthians 12:1-13 “It is doubtless not profitable for me to boast. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord: I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago--whether in the body I do not know, or whether out of the body I do not know, God knows--such a one was caught up to the third heaven. And I know such a man--whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows-- how he was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter. Of such a one I will boast; yet of myself I will not boast, except in my infirmities. For though I might desire to boast, I will not be a fool; for I will speak the truth. But I refrain, lest anyone should think of me above what he sees me to be or hears from me.

      And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. I have become a fool in boasting; you have compelled me. For I ought to have been commended by you; for in nothing was I behind the most eminent apostles, though I am nothing. Truly the signs of an apostle were accomplished among you with all perseverance, in signs and wonders and mighty deeds."


      Interesting how it was not that he was incapable of speaking, but that he saw it as illegal, unlawful, to speak of the other side, and yet here are these zealots. Food for thought at how easily it is to go against your own beliefs.


      Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

      spaPOT wrote:

      no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:

      The post was edited 1 time, last by bamcbix ().