Minigame: Alpha's Destruction Is Near **Rewards available**

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Minigame: Alpha's Destruction Is Near **Rewards available**

As I have no real time for this game, I have made up a mini-game that may or may not suck. We shall see how it goes.

Greetings Fellow ಠkariamites,

The year is 2014; the world Alpha has gone to crap. The majority of the legends that once ruled the world have retired due to their apathy towards the same old fighting that has droned on for years. Weapon-makers and strategists behind the wars have lost all their ingenuity to entice the warmongers to commence new wars. The world's discussions are crowded with poo-flinging youngsters that add no depth or intensity to Alpha's public exchanges.

There is talk of aliens that will soon be raiding Alpha due to the lack of life here and these invaders think they will revert Alpha back into the militant world it once was. But new faces won't make a difference; the world's physics, materials, machinery and surroundings will all remain the same.

I have decided that Alpha no longer has the right to exist. I have devised the largest explosive ever dreamed of that will decimate everything around you. But what fun would it be to just detonate it without even giving someone a chance to declare themselves as Alpha's savior and keep this sideshow alive... if just existing is still conceived as being alive. If there is a hero worthy of discovering and safely destroying my bomb... then I shall reward them with riches beyond belief. If someone feels so strongly that this world should be saved, then so be it. I shall take my own life in the case of my most devious plan failing.

My bomb, secretly disguised as a balloon bombardier, is hidden within a town somewhere in the vast lands of Alpha. My alias will be HiddenBomb so you can be sure it is my bomb if you see that name printed on its face. It will be alone by itself and NOT in one of my towns. Any other balloon bombardiers that I own in bulk are not the bomb.

Curious, I am... I wish to see if a hero lies among us. To see if people form together to use different strategies to locate my bomb. Will you attack every town one by one until you find it? Will you do nothing because of similar feelings toward Alpha? Will you work with others slowly clearing islands keeping a list of what towns are empty? Will you share your findings publicly with others? My bomb is immobile. The thing is monstrous. It would take the largest crane ever known to move it an inch. So worry not that the bomb will ever change its location.

If time passes and I see no progress, I shall provide subtle clues as to the bomb's location. After three clues and an extensive period of time, I shall deem you all unworthy and destroy this place you consider home. It must be before the aliens arrive - they deserve no place on Alpha. Only one other person knows of its location and has sworn secrecy. I promise to give no advantage to any person, even my closest friends, and refuse to discuss anything that might assist someone in locating the bomb.

Now I know you are curious if this is even worthwhile. What kind of rewards do I offer, you may ask. Upon someone finding and destroying my bomb, I will provide them with the following:

500,000 of each resource*
      40 million gold via selling/buying at low/high prices
      Custom Board Signature to your specs
      Title of Alpha's Savior
      Mystery Box

*Please keep in mind that shipping such large quantities will take a long time at 90k each shipment, especially if you are a long distance away, but I will fulfill the promise, don't you worry. Winner MUST BE under 6,800,000 Total Score to avoid Pushing Rule! If winner over that TS, more gold will be offered in its place.

Overview:
      -Find single balloon bombardier of mine (In-game name: HiddenBomb) in a town somewhere within alpha (not in my towns)
      -Destroy hidden bomb and save Alpha
      -Collect Reward

Without sympathy,
      Ikariameanpecker
      Evil Destroyer of Worlds

Signature by me

The post was edited 1 time, last by CheckMate ().

• Well a couple questions: 1- you noted the bomb was alone. So that means not even ships from other players are there?
      2- You noted that to win one must destroy the bomb, so does that mean we'd have to kill it or just scatter it?

Now a couple observations I made, if 1 is true then the bomb must be in a town belonging to someone who knows you or that you bribed. First thing to check then is recent message traffic. Second thing is that if it needs to be killed one must link up with another non-aligned player. Thirds is that if it just needs to be scattered, maybe I'll resurrect my 1k alpha :P

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • I prefer it to be killed, but may make exception if accidentally scattered or if account owner happens to not have gyros yet. I can always resend replacement bomb if scattered. Scattering the bomb could be considered disassembling the bomb and therefore be sufficient =)

There is a single ship guarding the port. Easily remove that or gain access to the island to attack the town.

There are no other land troops in the town.

You can try any tricks you want, I believe I have covered all my bases and have cleared out anything within spying area that could provide a clue to where the balloon is hidden. But there could be something I haven't thought of. There are a lot of things to think about and who knows if I overlooked something.

Signature by me
    • First clue: Iwo Jima

Please do not provide the answer on the boards to the clue if you figure it out, so others can still figure it out on their own. If someone asks for the clue answer privately, feel free to share, but I would like people to be able to play the game on their own without spoilers.

Signature by me
    • This looks like it could be fun. Nice job giving us something original. :thumbup:

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • I love the idea of the contest Check, very creative!

Here was my first shot, swing and a miss though :(

Battle for Iwo Jima
      (03.11.2014 21:12:41)
      DC38[-BP-] from Polis
      vs
      Ezekiel_Rage[Argo] from Iwo Jima

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sulfur Carabineer......................84(-0) - .............................................
      Swordsman............................1000(-0) - .............................................
      Hoplite...............................996(-4) - .............................................
      Gyrocopter.............................89(-0) - .............................................
      Balloon-Bombardier.....................30(-0) - .............................................
      Catapult...............................24(-0) - .............................................
      Mortar.................................30(-0) - .............................................
      Cook...................................30(-0) - .............................................
      ............................................. - Wall....................................4(-3)
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Military.................................-5.6 - Military....................................0
      Offensive points............................0 - Defence points.............................14
      Damage Received...........................280 - Damage Received.............................0
      Damage Percent...........................100% - Damage Percent.............................0%

Winners: DC38[-BP-]

The attackers won the battle because they penetrated the wall and because the defenders did not have any units on site to close the breach.
    • Bomb Destroyed: Mission Accomplished

We should have had more games like this in the past. What took you so long to create a game like this.

CHECKMATE ON CHECK!

Battle for S75
      (13.11.2014 6:33:43)
      TheMantis[Argo] from The Dreadfort
      vs
      JuneBarcarolle[Lost] from Blazing Sword, HiddenBomb[HoR] from Rookland, NVader[HoR] from River Run

............................................. - Balloon-Bombardier......................0(-1)
      Spearman.............................244(-15) - Spearman................................0(-2)
      Hoplite................................19(-1) - .............................................
      Swordsman..............................30(-0) - .............................................
      Gyrocopter.............................20(-0) - .............................................
      Mortar.................................49(-0) - .............................................
      Cook...................................30(-0) - .............................................
      Sulfur Carabineer......................75(-0) - .............................................
      ............................................. - Wall....................................0(-4)
      Military................................-10.4 - Military...................................-7
      Offensive points.........................17.5 - Defence points.............................26
      Damage Received...........................520 - Damage Received...........................350
      Damage Percent............................59% - Damage Percent............................41%

Winners: TheMantis[Argo]

Losers: HiddenBomb[HoR], JuneBarcarolle[Lost], NVader[HoR]

The attackers won the battle because they penetrated the wall and because the defenders did not have any units on site to close the breach.
      "It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience"-Julius Ceaser

The post was edited 2 times, last by TheMantis ().

• Innocent spearmen died. YOU MURDERER!

And now I shall mock TC by mimicking him and saying you're a terrible fighter to have such a damage take against so few troops ;)

Congrats on finding zhere bomb. Maybe now Checkmate will tell me if I was right about the island.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • We just had to be in the CR. No one said which side we had to be on. :)

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • Well Maybe Kaleg Nar you can say it here. :stick:
      Make yourself feel intelligent or the foul!

Check Great idea.

Mantis, June
      Enjoyed all the messages back forth, then to a CRAP I foul myself, June and Mantis, Glad Mantis had the troops on island (after we probed rest of towns), to take a 35 wall, June and My, little spearman.

DUUUUU I cant hit you Check :(
      One of our armies from River Run has cancelled their mission pillage in S75 because some own or allied units on the enemy's side have been sighted.

We where trying to get us both on attacking side so Mantis Speared on first round as I was recalled. OK Defend and get on CR :ninja2

Enjoyed working with Mantis :thumbup:

And as Always June :love:

Booze, Buds, Boobs

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      This post has already been reported twice.
    • I forgot to even include the little image I made for the original post. Oops, well here it is a bit late:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Congratulations to you three saviors!

Alpha's destruction is put on hold because of these darn pissants interfering with my plans. I never for a second thought alpha had anyone left that still cared. Well good job - perhaps giving clues was a bit foolish on my part.

Alas, I also promised my own destruction upon this dreaded event. So at least something is doomed!!! My only hope is that my love child will avenge me upon my death and carry out my dreams of becoming the ultimate villain.

I will never understand the reason for saving such a pathetic world. And to think that it will soon be taken over by monstrosities from other worlds is truly a shame and will have me turning over in my grave.

And with this last "Goodbye and "#$*& you!", I enter into my rocket programmed to collide into the third brightest star, Alpha Centauri. I do look forward to the magnificent views of space as I travel over the next two weeks to my demise.

With deepest regret,
      Ikariameanpecker
      Evil Destroyer of Worlds... Gone limp.

Nice to see that you were working together and not in it for yourselves. Since you worked together, let me know if you would like to split the rewards. Also, please let me know what you would like your signature to look like.

If splitting three ways, I will send:
      -170k of each resource to the town of your choice.
      -13.5 million gold to each - please have a black market and trading post ready - thankfully I think all three of you would as fighters.
      -A board signature for each of you - may take me a little time. I need to know your preferences.
      -The mystery box was going to be that I keep on hand a military to sell you the instant you need it for fighting someone. I will sell it at the lowest price possible. This is something I would have already offered two of you as allies lol... A mysteriously crappy reward.

Thanks for actually participating as I feared it may have just been a waste of time. Or that I screwed something up and it was way too easy. But it seems the clues were just enough to lead you on right track, but still make you work for it by clearing island after island. Hopefully not making any enemies in the process =)

Kaleg Nar, you were right on the Y coordinate - it was 59. But I never revealed any clue for the X coordinate yet. That was going to be the third clue if it got that far.

Bomb was hidden within the town S75 on 34;59.

First clue: Iwo Jima - Just informed you in Japanese that it was a sulfur island.
      Second clue: Why, this island was forged around the same time that Alaska was admitted as the 49th state. - I gave the coordinate hint up front with "Why" and then Alaska was admitted as 49th state in '59. "forged" was also a hint that it was a forge island. This narrowed it down to 8 islands in total according to June.

Signature by me