"Achievements" making No Logical Sense, Punishing existing max colony accounts etc

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• "Achievements" making No Logical Sense, Punishing existing max colony accounts etc

I hate that the achievements punish accounts with no mobiles and not all the resource or miracle types, especially those of us who have been here for several years with close on or more then 20 million TS. Why do we need a level 30 luxury booster (why not a bloody level 32, you know, max level of the building!) of each type? What about players that again, don't have mobiles and don't have more then one resource type?

i don't get the stupidity of the reasoning, we could refine the achievements here by dividing the total level type by a number that gives an even level - not all achievements need to have the same level of 6 as max.

We could do the boosters as:

Have a level 4 Luxury Booster
      Have a level 8 Luxury Booster
      Have a level 12 Luxury Booster
      Have a level 16 Luxury Booster
      Have a level 20 Luxury Booster
      Have a level 24 Luxury Booster
      Have a level 28 Luxury Booster
      Have a level 32 Luxury Booster

Have 3 Level 32 Luxury Boosters
      Have 6 Level 32 Luxury Boosters
      Have 9 Level 32 Luxury Boosters
      Have 12 Level 32 Luxury Boosters

Then do the same for Foresters Houses.

This doesn't punish players whose accounts kick the crap out of far smaller accounts but also cannot physically get certain achievements because their accounts are set up to never allow it. The purpose of the achievements should be to give everyone the option to get all of the achievements within reason. Punishing players because they spend money on the game to allow them to have one resource type or players who don't spend money but get away with say wine and marble only as some people play.

The Temples/Miracle set up ones, instead of 8 miracles activated (seriously some players have 20-30 million+ TS accounts and have used all of collossus, hepha, poseidon or just poseidon and hepha, a small handful have maybe used a demeter as well, but the others? yeah, no) should be a flat number of activations, more general more allows everyone to do it - mapping how many of each type of miracle was activated can still be a thing for people who have all 8 for example, but at a flat number overall, it does not punish players.

Mines - screw workers, do it on levels, again, there's 60 levels post merge, so make it at a per level upgrade, achievements level 1 to 60 for sawmills, and for luxury mines (again, luxury base not individual luxuries). this enables players who have say the best quarry on the planet at level 43 being recognised as opposed to lumped into the same category as people who have donated a little bit but haven't thrown over a billion resources to mines on one island for the players there.

Who the heck has more then one workshop, let alone 3?

Why do players who have ambrosia only levels of buildings not get recognised in achievements - 190 cultural goods treaties? I'm sorry, what about those of us with the maximum 252 cultural goods available? I mean, those level 21 Museums cost more then a Palace or GR 11 do afterall.

I must say, I'm lookingf orwards to building 10,000 Tenders - do tenders heal friendlies in a fight or just your stuff? If friendlies, oh boy, I'm totally gonna build the mercenary Medical Corps for shiggles and throw it at both sides of a fight everywhere! *shakes head*

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Nobody forces you to do these achievements, however there will be a lot o people who will do them and won't complain "why it's so hard?!?" but simply enjoy.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Draxo wrote:

Nobody forces you to do these achievements, however there will be a lot o people who will do them and won't complain "why it's so hard?!?" but simply enjoy.

Did you:

a) Bother to read what I actually said in my feedback thread; and

b) Bother to read the description of what this sub-forum is for?

The answer to both is no, no you didn't.

Bravo mate.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Draxo wrote:

Nobody forces you to do these achievements, however there will be a lot o people who will do them and won't complain "why it's so hard?!?" but simply enjoy.

Not intending to offend you, but what you wrote is total non-sense.Read and understand what Spidey said and if you're capable of understanding, you'd be less ignorant to his feedback.

Totally agreed about the boosters thing.Apparently GF didn't think in depth and like I said in general section, I believe these badges were added just because numerous games out there have this and Ikariam didn't up to this point.I think every game in Origin has this and it serves no other purpose than making your profile look "cooler" with badges... whereas in Ikariam even this part wasn't done well, because badges won't decorate your profile but will rather be shown when you open the comparison page of you and another player.Even there, they didn't sort information right, it looks quite unclear.

Our luck these achievements won't give any rewards, so that we who already have a long term vision on our accounts don't have to change anything to not fall behind other people or not being able to get something that they could.