spies and fleet contact

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• spies and fleet contact

Hello, now merge is going, have question with 2 player on same ip, me Alpha and me Epsilon, now we Alpha.

If me Alpha send spy to player C, and leave spy in Player C town, later me Epsilon attack player C , is fleet contact to have occurred?
    • when is option to attack reactivated? I Alpha pull spy from player C town, but me Epsilon option to attack player C still deactivated. Me Alpha have spy in many PLayer C town, as well as I pillage him now, is this reason why option is deactivated?

Now I pull all my spy and wait for pillage to return, then see if option is reactivated.
    • yea Im wondering about this also. I have never had problems with spies being considered fleet contact, just trade ships, and war ships. how would spies from one town and a pillage from another town both targeting the same town be fleet contact?

Spidey Taak wrote:

Learn 2 play.

A lot one man can say, but sometimes the least is most helpful
    • Epsilon me now attack reactivated AFTER Alpha me pull all spy and Alpha me pillage ships return to base.

Cannot say if because spy was problem, but after spy return, and pillage was ongoing, attack option still was deactivated.

I try put spy in one town, and see if attack to other town is possible.

As attack from Epsilon me is going to PLayer C, option to put spy in other PLayer C town from Alpha me not possible.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fruit Loops ().

• to my understanding im thinking of chi me using spies from hideout to see what player C has lootable, then omi me using military to pillage those lootable goods. that I don't believe would be fleet contact unless chi me also sent a pillage which joined the battle. but chi me could send ships to block the port and omi me could use pillage units to take the resources since neither would be on the same battle report, which is how it has been

Spidey Taak wrote:

Learn 2 play.

• aurther13th wrote:

yea Im wondering about this also. I have never had problems with spies being considered fleet contact, just trade ships, and war ships. how would spies from one town and a pillage from another town both targeting the same town be fleet contact?

You know, I too would like my account to in effect have 24 colonies so as I could have more then a few hideouts and suddenly have more then a dozen in effect for free!

How is the concept of legal-multi-account abuse not sunk into everyone's heads by now. It's in effect cheating, hence the fleet contact. FFS it ain't a hard concept to understand.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Spidey, in that same since what would stop someone from using account A to send spies, find out everything about enemy X then withdrawing those spies and using account B to pillage. since their spies and units were not at enemy X at the same time then there wouldnt 'technically' be fleet contact. so in that case if you sign the agreement then when clicking on an enemy if your friend that uses the same internet connection had spies in that town within like 7 days all fleet contact options would have to be grayed out.

Spidey Taak wrote:

Learn 2 play.

• I agree with Spidey, Till he showed up seemed like a couple of lawyers trying to find loop holes and technicalities.

Every other game i've played in which you could use 2 accounts to your advantage (even if not directly) was considered abuse to use more then 1 account for the same goal even if said accounts do not directly interact.
      (Actually I take that back I know of one that allows it)

let me give you an example.
      Imagine we're playing a zombie survival game, you only have so many moves (regenerated over a fixed amount of time)
      Now let's say I have 2 accounts.. 1 account is used to tend to the safe house.. it keeps the barricades up and nice and cozy inside.

The other one goes out and kills zombies, they both are working towards a single goal.. yet they do not directly interact.. 1 is maintaining a safehouse, perfectly natural.

the other one however having no concern of having ot maintain a safehouse is free to expend all of it's energy toward a single goal.. killing zombies.

You can twist this anyway you wish, but having an account in which you can carelessly empty out your hide out to spy targets for a primary account is cheating.
      You're either 1. keeping the spies at home on the primary making it difficult to spy on you but still reaping the knowledge that a army of spies can bring you.

or you're also emptying out your hideouts on your primary and as Spidey said.. basically have the equivalent of 24colones of hideouts.

My advice.. keep your accounts separate.. it's best they're not even in the same area.
      Speak softly and carry a big stick.
      Carsten van Husen: We employee some of the most skilled howler monkeys bandanna's can buy!; Sure they have an unnatural fascination with their own excrement and a compulsion to throw it, But we're still the most innovative simian based company in the industry.

The post was edited 2 times, last by raztan ().

• raztan wrote:

let me give you an example.
      Imagine we're playing a zombie survival game, you only have so many moves (regenerated over a fixed amount of time)
      Now let's say I have 2 accounts.. 1 account is used to tend to the safe house.. it keeps the barricades up and nice and cozy inside.

The other one goes out and kills zombies, they both are working towards a single goal.. yet they do not directly interact.. 1 is maintaining a safehouse, perfectly natural.

the other one however having no concern of having ot maintain a safehouse is free to expend all of it's energy toward a single goal.. killing zombies.

Sounds like Urbandead. I was fortunate enough to play that as my first online game, we started about 3.5 weeks into the games creation, missed the last padlock being cut by 4 or 5 days. If it's urbandead, I'm in multiple historical parts on the wiki. Man I miss my Gingerbread Men, and they restricted the radio range because of our Malton Lonely Hearts Club Big Band, boy was that a hit haha, original Council of Leaders as von luthius, part of the malton zookeepers, co-founder of axes high though the history there got blurred. Then of corse we get borehamwood, 90% of the graffitti on that map was by me, over 2 years alive solo in perma death land whilst the other survivors clumped, we sat me with my zombie friends (everyone else got killed stills ame group of friends) sat in one field in the SE for 3 months straight without moving before we got found haha, so epic, I only died because my computer froze and internet went down when inbetween a move in the city, alas, still top 17 I believe? fun times.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Spidey Taak wrote:

Sounds like Urbandead.
      Ya I was, I was'nt sure what the rule was on mentioning other games.

Spidey Taak wrote:

I was fortunate enough to play that as my first online game, we started about 3.5 weeks into the games creation, missed the last padlock being cut by 4 or 5 days. If it's urbandead, I'm in multiple historical parts on the wiki. Man I miss my Gingerbread Men, and they restricted the radio range because of our Malton Lonely Hearts Club Big Band, boy was that a hit haha, original Council of Leaders as von luthius, part of the malton zookeepers, co-founder of axes high though the history there got blurred. Then of corse we get borehamwood, 90% of the graffitti on that map was by me, over 2 years alive solo in perma death land whilst the other survivors clumped, we sat me with my zombie friends (everyone else got killed stills ame group of friends) sat in one field in the SE for 3 months straight without moving before we got found haha, so epic, I only died because my computer froze and internet went down when inbetween a move in the city, alas, still top 17 I believe? fun times.

I was on both of the hardcore maps, got killed fairly quickly in Monroevile
      I survive over a year in borehamwood.. man those was good times, not as long as you though.
      I was in Neal Sterling/Isaac Yardley's group and constantly being chased by a pack of zombies, they had to pull out all the stops to catch us.. meta gaming, they had collected accounts to use as scouts.

They eventually got me (apparently my deathaversity was a few days ago) after I got lax and didn't log in for 24hours.. I mean they had blood lust for us, we could barely stay in one spot a day without them showing up.

I was Clients Revenge, I guess you must be Auretious Taak, Congrats on the long run.
      wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/The_Borehamwood_100
      Speak softly and carry a big stick.
      Carsten van Husen: We employee some of the most skilled howler monkeys bandanna's can buy!; Sure they have an unnatural fascination with their own excrement and a compulsion to throw it, But we're still the most innovative simian based company in the industry.
    • I never ask for server to merge, I quite happy where before I was. But server merged, new questions occur will happen, if this make us look like lawyer, to clarify fact, better we clarify, than say we not.

I not make rule, Gameforge do, what rules is , I want to know. Play within rule, everything ok
    • well to me it seems that GF has taken away any kind of fun when playing with other people from real life. Code rifle an myself are best friends, we both play this game and continue to play it because the other one plays it and we both like it. if one or the other quit we both would more then likely quit. anyhow, when we first started playing we let the GO's know our situation we asked some questions to make sure we wouldnt get in any trouble and not realize it. there were even a few times one traded resources to the other not thinking but they bounced back, which was fine, when i would get back home we would trade then. no biggie. the main reason for this is i pillaged, he made a navy this way we also wouldnt be on the same battle report but still play together and help each other out, not only in an alliance for war but if we had issues with other players which we had experienced early on.

So now we get to the merge, great, more players more wars more active. but they introduce this ip sharing feature that in theory does the same thing before, preventing fleet contact, but with the players dealing with it, so GO's dont have to, taking some burden off them which is great, so they can focus on other things.

However in doing so if two people that play ikariam and ever go to the others house an play together or even get online they MUST now sign this ip address agreement, which is understandable. but now even if one is on the east coast of the U.S. and the other on the West coast of the U.S. if one sends spies or pillages or does anything to an enemy the other can only watch, they can help out, they cant pillage or occupy or do anything. So how can you expect to play a game among friends when you cant even play together?

Spidey Taak wrote:

Learn 2 play.

• For people with multiple accounts IP sharing's regulations are just and needed to prevent abuse. But I do also think it's too much of a blanket cover at times with cases like the Arthur described. If there was a way to differentiate between a person with multiple accounts or two separate people it would be nice to have such a thing done.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • my exact point kaleg. I don't support people who use multiple account to further themselves, its cheating without a doubt. but in a case with two friends playing with the new ip system there is NO way for that to happen, and for my perspective that has nearly killed the game for code an myself. both have talked of quitting since we cant legally fight together in war. so whats the point in playing.

Spidey Taak wrote:

Learn 2 play.