War system made official.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• here, let me reply a little more easily to your mind so you can understand what I was saying.... must've been hard for you.

the linliness of this 1. being implemented 2. taken seriously and 3. used is about the chances that I tell everybody my igns.

Moving on, your point and your suggestion are 2 different things, one is the thing that is actually going to be listened to, your suggestion, it however will not be passed and the other is nothing, no point at all.

How does this improve the current war system? Oh I can answer myself... it doesnt. :facepalm:

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • if at war town colors up

hey

when you have a garrison right that town turns yellow

when you are in the same alliance the town is green

any strangers would be red

now how about when your at war
      i believe the town should have a color maybe black or something

some color that would make your enemies stick out so you know who your fighting

it would make wars alot easier

please consider this suggestion
    • Okay, this suggestion is good, however it would require making declarations of war between alliances an in-game mechanic first, and also this would cause problems if you have a garrison rights treaty with a player in an alliance you are at war with. Either the DOW mechanic would have to cancel this treaty out or there would be a conflict in roof color. 3/5 because the idea is good but you left out a lot of vital information.
    • i agree with mark and no offense to GF they might take 3 updates to get bugs worked out

1/5 for idea
      5/5 if GF can do it without any bugs the first time
    • alright

why dont we set it up so that we can only see enemy towns in war time

this idea is dead end material in my opinion, since it takes the human decision makling out of the game, and also note that the same effect can be acheived by using a script... so no need for such a bogus changhe

sig by Myself

Bekofskivitch wrote:

Thread summary: proposed future e-fight after e-threats over under-inflated e-price of e-rocks.

disclaimer: this post is solely my viewpoint and may not fully reflect the views of my alliance

Alpha Omega
    • RAte 2
        1 - I hate this idea (0) 0%
        2 (0) 0%
        3 (0) 0%
        4 (0) 0%
        5 - I am neutral about this idea (1) 50%
        6 (0) 0%
        7 (0) 0%
        8 (0) 0%
        9 (1) 50%
        10 - I love this idea (0) 0%
      we're missing the connections between wars in game and the ability to connect this with colors, since wars are only really done by GOs, the ability to stop bashing that is, you're not going to be able to get it so that alliances will see other alliances in another color WITHOUT scripts OR until we have a LOT of work done.

your job is to know who your enemy is and with this, the element of surprise is then killed so I give you a 1.

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • usman wrote:

since it takes the human decision makling out of the game,

intrigue me on how exactly coloring people takes human decision out of the game? as far as i know we still decide:
      who to go to war with
      who to attack
      how to attack
      etc
      etc
      etc
    • bamcbix wrote:

we're missing the connections between wars in game and the ability to connect this with colors, since wars are only really done by GOs, the ability to stop bashing that is, you're not going to be able to get it so that alliances will see other alliances in another color WITHOUT scripts OR until we have a LOT of work done.

your job is to know who your enemy is and with this, the element of surprise is then killed so I give you a 1.

I'm sure the developers have a tool which allows them to modify the color of a town.

It most likely is not alot of work to change a few flags and the roof of a town to a different color.

Hell if it is so difficult for today's GO's to do some work like this then I'll become a GO myself.

5/5
    • Make a tool for GO's to change the colors of the opposing alliance's towns from red to black/purple/whatever, so that way only members of a certain alliance will see it.

When a war is declared, the GO will change the colors from red to black.

There you go.
    • I love this idea 5/5 but I must say I suggested something like this before and it was rejected. I still think its a great idea though!!
      Files
      • Capture.PNG

(28.26 kB, downloaded 34 times, last: )
      • Capture2.PNG

(13.77 kB, downloaded 34 times, last: )
    • bamcbix wrote:

bamcbix is correct, and use scripts to mark the towns whatever color you want. 1/5
    • War: the war to become a real feature of the game

War: the war to become a real feature of the game

I state that I have not found anything about doing "research"

Tip Name:

War as a function of the game

Building involved:

Embassy

Explanation suggestion:

no
      more can be read on the 3D wars declared, undeclared, rejected, not
      winners winners, losers lose, and I think we can make sure that the war
      will become a real feature of the game. Also
      because the new versions have taken away many the desire to play, as
      the looting has become increasingly difficult, so to compensate for this
      and not lose (or rather to motivate) the pure fighters, it's time to
      make war "certain ", regulated and secure.

Step by step here's what you should do:

The
      embassy will be an option similar to the one that allows you to search
      for an alliance, but instead of sending the request for admission, send a
      declaration of war.

Those who can not receive rifuitarsi to fight, but will have the option to "surrender." Who
      wins (in the field or made) a sentence will automatically classifies
      alliances of the page attesting to his victory or defeat against XYZ.

Once declared war, there can be no expulsions or new inputs of players, as you can not dissolve the covenant itself

The
      war will be lost from the alliance will lose troops in quantity /
      general (the system may read the cr?) More than 20% compared to the
      opponent (hypothesis - the discussion is open), or the alliance that,
      after 60 days, will have lost more troops / generals as a percentage of the opponent.

and make a sodanggio war in game
    • War is merely the lifting of the bashing rule between the players of two alliances. Nothing more mechanics-wise, I don't see why it has to be.

Winning a war is an extremely ill defined concept. If an alliance takes heavy losses in a war, but still achieves its political goal, has it won? If an alliance cause far more damage to another alliance, but is forced to surrender and do the action the victor wants, did it win? The goals of war are also far beyond game mechanics. Is an apology part of the game? Is humiliation of an alliance to the server community part of the game? Is proving that you are awesome part of the game? No, they are part of the game's community.

War is more a function of the community than of the game itself, thus putting war into the game is impossible and counterproductive.
    • 0/5
      I have rarely seen something so idiotic. First of all, it has been suggested and rejected many times before and secondly it is a horrid base idea. The last thing ikariam needs is an in game war mechanic to male the infernal alliance wars even more common. Plus, your idea is appallingly poorly organized.