Reclaim city moves due to no info of extended bonus

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Reclaim city moves due to no info of extended bonus

Cause of no info of the Gameforge decision on extending the Festival and Worlds bonuses, I had to waste one city move. Unknowingly I could have waited 7 more days. This led to me getting a poor island with an undesirably wonder and resource-type.

Even though I read the forum for information if there was an extension, there was no info. So I HAD TO MOVE and had to use my last city-move.
      I had been waiting for in-actives to disappear at some specific islands. And the next day when I logged on, I see that several positions got open. This sucks.
      Now I have to live with a unmovable full grown city at a bad spot. :(
    • Almost made a similar mistake as the clock ticked down.. lucky confirmation came before the final hour..
      but I doubt we'll be getting a redo.
      Speak softly and carry a big stick.
      Carsten van Husen: We employee some of the most skilled howler monkeys bandanna's can buy!; Sure they have an unnatural fascination with their own excrement and a compulsion to throw it, But we're still the most innovative simian based company in the industry.
    • Hiho,

To be honest all that I see here is one more complaint without any normal reason at all.

Festival of worlds bonus duration was announced properly and it had fixed duration so all players were supposed to have all their moves and donations done by previously announced date. So if you waited for last day to position your city or make donations that was purely yours decision. We have even sent reminder message in game so that everyone would be aware that 18 day period is coming to its end and use their town moves and donation funds. There is no harm done to anyone with extension and no one lost anything because of it.

Now when we are cleared that you were supposed to use all your moves and donations till end of first 18 days of Festival (09.03.2015 23:59:59) please try to explain to me why and how is bad thing that we have decided just at very end of that period to give community free gift of another 7 days of bonuses. How did you manage to see as bad something that helps everyone in term of for example saving some wine as you have +1000 satisfaction in all cities or 20% faster trade ships. Gifts are often something that we want as surprise and if they are not harm anyone like this one we can decide not to announce them.

I refuse to believe that people would like it more if we ended it yesterday.

Regards,
      djakon, Community Manager

• @djakon

I can't speak for anyone else but my situation is as such.

I moved within 8 hours of the merger, but 1 of time towns got stranded (target island filled up as I was moving)
      So I was waiting till the last minute to see if another spot opened up to move my orphan town.

It was coming down to the wire, I had a plan B, but then the event got extended.. had not waited till the last second to go with plan B i'd now have a town in a suboptimal location.

I would have made that move based on information that was false (event would end)
      Now I may still have to go with Plan B, or even Plan C even so.. but could you imagine my angst if I had went with Plan B, then the event gets extended and a better spot I'd been waiting on opens up?

I don't think anyone is saying extending the event Is bad, But hopefully you can see how no announcement and waiting till the last few hours (What was it 8?)
      could cause some issue.

EDIT: Oh an just to point out the island I want HAD an inactive on it, and was scheduled to be removed in like 5 days after the event was suppose to end.
      Now he did end up coming back so that point is moot, but Imagine if I had moved already.. the spot would have opened up in this extended period and I would have been unable to move to that desired location.
      Speak softly and carry a big stick.
      Carsten van Husen: We employee some of the most skilled howler monkeys bandanna's can buy!; Sure they have an unnatural fascination with their own excrement and a compulsion to throw it, But we're still the most innovative simian based company in the industry.

The post was edited 1 time, last by raztan ().

• Soulmachine wrote:

Cause of no info of the Gameforge decision on extending the Festival and Worlds bonuses, I had to waste one city move. Unknowingly I could have waited 7 more days. This led to me getting a poor island with an undesirably wonder and resource-type.

Even though I read the forum for information if there was an extension, there was no info. So I HAD TO MOVE and had to use my last city-move.
      I had been waiting for in-actives to disappear at some specific islands. And the next day when I logged on, I see that several positions got open. This sucks.
      Now I have to live with a unmovable full grown city at a bad spot. :(

Blah Blah Blah, you had 18 days to teleport and you're having a whinge because screw us all, you got free teleports but everyone on target servers had to pay if they wanted to consolidate their colonies.

This thread is pointless and is just mindless beaching. get off the high horse of self entitlement and accept that you're getting 1,000 free happiness for a whole extra week in a game you don't5 have to pay for. Suck it up sunshine.

omixgodlydemon wrote:

non-nonsensical talk's was spidey's forte, you cant do nothing about it :D

Making sense is my forte and there's nothing you can do about it. :D
    • Spidey Taak wrote:

Blah Blah Blah, you had 18 days to teleport and you're having a whinge because screw us all, you got free teleports but everyone on target servers had to pay if they wanted to consolidate their colonies.

Couldn't agree more. Players on target on servers are clearly at a disadvantage here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by bloodfreakzz ().

• I am on a target server and i am really happy with this merge.
      My world was really becoming empty but i always tried to get the best out of my account.
      That means i had to chose my islands deliberately and alway keep in mind that there could get less and less users on the server.
      So i donated to my needs to get the mines as high as they where just before the merge.
      After the merge i have new island members, some of them donate just fine and some off them are as always leeches.
      But i do not need the moves for my towns because i made them there where they need to be.
      I got a nice alliance and if i want to move i have two options:
      1. buy ambrosia and move them
      2. make a new town and break down what i have.

I have done that last option once (in an other community) and yes it worth it if you do not play for only the points but more for the fun of the game.
    • Rah rah rah - go team

Nicely done Lysippe.

How does the Kool aid taste?

You can try to put a nice face on it, but for a game where EVERYONE is supposed to have the same opportunities, those on the target servers were screwed. And no amount of rah rah-ing will change that.

(As an aside, the original post and djakon's response reminded me of "Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard". So no comment needed on that, )

Edited to add - Oh, sorry Lysippe, I just saw you're on NY, which was opened long after the big changes, so nevermind, you likely have no idea what I'm talking about anyway.

The post was edited 2 times, last by skyhawk ().

• djakon wrote:

There is no harm done to anyone with extension and no one lost anything because of it.

If you really believe this after seven years of Ikariam, it probably isn't worth trying to explain the game to you. Don't give us BS.

Clearly any original target server piracy players who won't be able to use their extra warps to steal points last minute because they weren't given free warps were hurt. It takes two minutes of thought to realize that, for a very slow thinker. Ten seconds for the rest of us. And anyone who hopes not to have their points stolen last minute. Adding free warps to the end of the piracy game for selected players is going to help those who can benefit by using them and hurt everyone else. Certainly it will cost at least one person the 10-15 million resources they would have gotten from a top ten piracy finish, and it might cost the warpless target server natives a few spots.

The OP may not have been directly harmed by the extension, in that he is in exactly the same position he would have been in without it. But he was prevented from benefiting from it because he couldn't plan for it. Other people benefited. So if he is in competition with others, he is harmed.

Possibly the extension aids one side in a war, the side with less wine or a smaller cash reserve or the lesser need to replace troops quickly. Therefore, the other side is harmed.

The only reason GF is able to make any money from Ikariam has to be Stockholm Syndrome.

And no, I was not on a target server. But I don't have my head in the sand either.
    • skyhawk wrote:

You can try to put a nice face on it, but for a game where EVERYONE is supposed to have the same opportunities, those on the target servers were screwed.

And what opportunities didn't target servers have? Did they not get to choose their islands? Did they not get the chance to make alliances of their own? Did they not get to donate?

Try and put whatever spin you want on it, everyone arguing this point is only making the point that "They got it I want it too".

My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
      * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
    • The only target servers that have any real claim for being screwed are Alpha and Beta since those native accounts that are still around still have yet to be given a do-over for the Wonder changes years ago. Ny, Xi and Omikron have had the Wonder distribution set-up we've all come to know for years and hence have nothing to stand on when it comes to moving towns. I mean yeah those native accounts on Alpha and Beta could move but at the expense of considerable Ambrosia or MONTHS of work to tear down 1 town and re-build it elsewhere(not to mention losing any donations that player made, regardless of which option they go with and I don't know of many players willing to do that).

When it comes to the event being extended and what not... Seriously? You're griping over THAT?! What about the legal multi's or other game-breaking issues that have come to light thanks to the merge? Where's the outrage over that? No notice over an extra 7 days of an event? Please... you're barking up the wrong tree. :growup:
    • djakon wrote:

Hiho,

To be honest all that I see here is one more complaint without any normal reason at all.

Festival of worlds bonus duration was announced properly and it had fixed duration so all players were supposed to have all their moves and donations done by previously announced date. So if you waited for last day to position your city or make donations that was purely yours decision. We have even sent reminder message in game so that everyone would be aware that 18 day period is coming to its end and use their town moves and donation funds. There is no harm done to anyone with extension and no one lost anything because of it.

Now when we are cleared that you were supposed to use all your moves and donations till end of first 18 days of Festival (09.03.2015 23:59:59) please try to explain to me why and how is bad thing that we have decided just at very end of that period to give community free gift of another 7 days of bonuses. How did you manage to see as bad something that helps everyone in term of for example saving some wine as you have +1000 satisfaction in all cities or 20% faster trade ships. Gifts are often something that we want as surprise and if they are not harm anyone like this one we can decide not to announce them.

I refuse to believe that people would like it more if we ended it yesterday.

Regards,
      djakon, Community Manager

I gladly skip the extra days of bonuses if I could get my city move back. Cause you did not inform that YOU WERE GOING TO EXTEND. You only informed that the bonuses were going to end at the original pre set date. And even though I looked all day at the forum, even people asked if this was a bug, and the reply from you guys were, that the bonuses will end at the pre set date. I even looked at the forum 2 hours or so before the 18 day period should end. No information.

If you were a player and had to move your cities to really bad spots, and then discover that you didn't had to move and could have waited... Well I dont understand why people are so unhappy. People are unhappy for a reason, not just for the sake to rage or complain.

Is so important to inform about all sorts of discounts on ambrosia, awesome snowy themes, or Halloween themes, or any other thing that must be bought to put money in Gameforge pockets, but then of course they do not have to play this game them selves. When IMPORTANT info almost never gets informed.

This do not emit a serious impression from a game developer or crew. If they cant design things with a customer or client in mind. Or cant offer support as even the crew do not know things. So many times everybody have to guess things. Even the crew. In any other company people would be fired for incompetence or lack of customer service.
      How many players are not out there that played for years and still don't know how to use the wonders on the islands.
      How un-user-friendly the world map is, when it's impossible to navigate. They don't care..

So they extend the bonuses to cover up mistakes, and things no one thought of. Oh I'm so happy weeeee! :lolbash:
      It's not a gift, it's an unknown factor in the game that inhibits planning and organising in the chaos that already comes with such a big change as a merger.
      It's a carrot that cover up discontent from players that are disappointed of things. So hey guys ( in a gameforge meeting ) let's throw in a couple of more days of bonuses, and do not inform anyone about it.

You can not withhold such important information that has such a big impact. This merger is the biggest change in the games history. It's lack of respect of people that pay money to put food at the table for Gameforge.

The best thing with this game is the fellowship among alliance-players or other friends in the game. It's fun to do things together, it's fun to crush an common enemy or help save a friend. I salute all players out there. You're the BEST! :thumbsup:
    • Just because you want something doesn't mean you should have it. This is a kindness extended to us by GF, something folks have been giving GF a hard time for not doing. And now you want to complain about getting it but not the way you wanted?

This isn't something to be taken advantage of, this is a loan extension to those that haven't used them yet.

The entire merge process GF has given 110%. They've listened to and answered questions, they've given us things when real complaints were brought to their attention, there is nothing more throughout this process they could of done better.

This issue has already been commented on by the highest authority. :bclosed:

My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
      * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
    • [turkeh]I'm reopening this but only and if only if the staff bashing in general stops. While I empathize as a player that wanting as much information as soon as possible to make the best decision for your account - I feel like replying to threads like this with "This is why we can't have nice things."

Does everyone remember how angry people were that there were limits at all on spending resources and moving towns? I sure do. I got lots of pm's and tickets regarding this and communicated those concerns to our community manager. We were told 18 days should be enough time to spend our donation funds and move towns - but they also heard people worrying this might be enough time.

The REASON this wasn't announced earlier is because it was dependent on if people spent enough of their resources/used enough of their town moves in time. BECAUSE and only because there wasn't a large enough % of people who had spent their funds/moves the event was extended. There is no nefarious scheme here, nor lateness in announcing it - not enough funds were spent, the event was extended, simple as that. And instead of being happy that your concerns were listened to - you want to rant about all the ways you were short-changed. And listen, I do hear you re: wanting to wait to place towns/possible inconvenience of people being able to move during piracy cycle. But I ask you to consider that for those of you it inconveniences - consider the large number of players who get benefit from being able to spend what they previously had donated. In general I would argue extension benefits the larger body of players. YMMV.

[/turkeh]

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • You know turkeh...

It must have been nice to have been able to move your iota towns to Ny.

This is especially amazing considering that while apparently Iota and Theta opened IN THE SAME WEEK - both were "legacy" servers - Theta was given a choice of a Legacy target while Iota went to a random wonder target server.

So you not only didn't have to be one of the havenots on a target server, but EVEN THOUGH IOTA WAS A LEGACY SERVER, you got to make sure your towns went to one of the new random wonder servers.

So somehow I just don't feel consoled by your perspective on this.

I wonder, were you involved in the decision-making process as to which servers merged to where? But I'm merely wondering, no need to answer that question...