Ambrosia

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Did I miss something? I have been on vacation for a while. What happened to the cost of ambrosia? I seems as though you get about 500 ambrosia less for the $99 USD than it was a few months ago. :?:
      Am I right? or am I dreaming? Maybe I'm going crazy but I think that we are getting less than we did. Anyone out there agree? :?:
      Tranquility OR Danger
      You choose

• Last time I purchased 99 USD worth of ambrosia it was I believe 1600 ambrosia plus a little more using paypal, now it is 1325
      You are right however that we are no longer getting the same amount of ambrosia across the board
      Don't know when the change actually took effect
      Help Keep the Laughter in Slaughter

• I was thinking 1700 but you could be right. or maybe Game Forge has been adjusting the amount over that last 6 months
      Either way I wish Game Forge would have been forth coming and let us know the change in amounts. I feel that we are being taken advantage . :(
      Tranquility OR Danger
      You choose

• I mostly buy ambrosia during Happy hour, and even that has been a long time ago. If they raised the prices, pooey. :tearup:

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • I remember that we would get about 2160 for $99 with the 20% for Happy Hour.

1700 ambrosia base for $99
      plus 20% for happy hour brings it to 2040
      plus 120 bonus for Credit Card use brings it to 2160 total for $99
      Now lit is
      1325 ambrosia base for $99
      plus 20% for happy hour to 1590 for $99
      plus 100 bonus for Credit Card use brings it to 1690 total for $99
      Tranquility OR Danger
      You choose

• Hi,

Changes you are talking about are in the game for more than a month. We have completely revised our tariff system and the effects vary at each price point. When purchasing smaller premium currency packages players are receiving a higher payout than ever before. To compensate for that we adjusted the very high bonus payout in the high tariffs. For the majority of players these changes are positive but some bonuses at some price points however have been removed or better to say adjusted to even things out after increasing amount of premium currency players get with smaller purchase. While we do understand some of you wont be / aren't happy with this change we strongly believe this leads to a much fairer system for all players.

Best Regards,
      djakon, Community Manager

• The payouts are not higher, they have lowered. I don't think anyone will agree what you have posted. Sorry, the old system was better.

You can get A LOT more from buying from the Mobile App. You guys give out 575 for 49.99 and on the App. you get 800+. Shoot the other day there was a bonus and I got 1000 for 49.99.

You can't beat that.
    • djakon wrote:

Hi,

Changes you are talking about are in the game for more than a month. We have completely revised our tariff system and the effects vary at each price point. When purchasing smaller premium currency packages players are receiving a higher payout than ever before. To compensate for that we adjusted the very high bonus payout in the high tariffs. For the majority of players these changes are positive but some bonuses at some price points however have been removed or better to say adjusted to even things out after increasing amount of premium currency players get with smaller purchase. While we do understand some of you wont be / aren't happy with this change we strongly believe this leads to a much fairer system for all players.

Best Regards,
      djakon, Community Manager

Djakon, it's great to see an official response here - thank you! I'm hoping you can clarify a point. In the old system, the bonus payout could range from 20% to 80% (20/40/60/80). In the most recent happy hour event, the advertised bonus was 20% and the only offer I personally saw (across multiple accounts) was 20%. Going forward, will happy hour always be a static 20%?

Thank you,
      Kryo
    • [turkeh]It's actually confusing a few issues[/turkeh]

Mizukage wrote:

The payouts are not higher, they have lowered. I don't think anyone will agree what you have posted. Sorry, the old system was better.
      [turkeh]Paying through apple or google play store is actually a different method of payment than on a card - that is why you see a different rate through that payment system.[/turkeh]

King Kryo wrote:

Djakon, it's great to see an official response here - thank you! I'm hoping you can clarify a point. In the old system, the bonus payout could range from 20% to 80% (20/40/60/80). In the most recent happy hour event, the advertised bonus was 20% and the only offer I personally saw (across multiple accounts) was 20%. Going forward, will happy hour always be a static 20%?
      [turkeh]What he is speaking about is actually non-happy hour purchases (basically how much ambrosia each $ buys). Some packages actually pay more ambrosia per $ than they used to. And no, happy hours are not a static 20%.[/turkeh]

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • Turkeh wrote:

What he is speaking about is actually non-happy hour purchases (basically how much ambrosia each $ buys). Some packages actually pay more ambrosia per $ than they used to.

BS !!!!

Do the math, if you buy let`s say 4000 ambrosia you will have to spend more money now then before. So no you dont get more ambrosia , it will cost you more money . That you lover some of the low packages does not make it cheaper it´s just another way raise the total prizes on ambrosia and it is pretty disturbing that you are trying to make it look like you are helping players to get more ambrosia for less dollars.... It´s false advertising at best and straight up lying at worst ...... :thumbdown:

Sig made by the awesome lady of lost. Thanks Svana :love:

If life is a waste of time and time is a waste of life, then lets get wasted and have the time of our lives.
    • OptimusPrime wrote:

if one could somehow win ambrosia, at least occasionally. I play another game where you can win or are rewarded their version of ambrosia. THAT makes it more fair.

You can win it (small amounts) if you have a smart phone that can play there silly games. If you win those you can win ambrosia.
      I don't own a smart phone so I'm cheated out of the opportunity to win. I don't think that is at all fair for those than do not have smart phones.
      Winning ambrosia should be an in-game opportunity for all .. Much like the tutorial at the beginning when you first signed into Ikariam.
      Tranquility OR Danger
      You choose