Imperial User

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

  • Imperial User

    since i couldnt reply to my original thread, why not make a new one.

    in response to your attempt to assist in reporting, i have never seen a white flag in the game besides when retreating from battle, ships or land. the color of the report button, hazard sign, is brown.

    second i have reported people. it OFTEN happened on Chi with multi players, easy 70% being VIE, even the top ranked player in the server was from VIE, the sad thing was the HORRID response time to these reports. what was also such a coincidence was how a player would be reported multiple times from different players, but they were allowed to play until piracy ended. Upon which their account would THEN go to auto v mode for the cheating they were doing, then of course after 2 weeks their towns pillaged of the goods they got from piracy, which happened on numerous occasions.

    In conclusion is the reporting system broke, not really. However either the admins and GM's are either very lazy or decide how, and when i say how i mean 'when' being of which is most convenient for them, to bad a player, as stated above. So why bother even reporting people.

    Spidey Taak wrote:

    Learn 2 play.


    A lot one man can say, but sometimes the least is most helpful
  • GO's and Admins are both players volunteering their time, as are all staff other then the COMA. We don't sit here waiting for reports to come in we get to them when we can. Any coincidence on the timing of when a report gets handled to other events in game is just that, a coincidence.


    My buildings guide -- My 0 Military Defense Guide
    * @Lissala slaps ImperialUser around a bit with a large trout
  • Once again like i stated, they get to them when they can, so obviously players that are cheating are clearly not top priority. let alone much of a priority.

    So then seems like the half a dozen reports that didnt go though until after piracy on Chi were all well placed coincidences, imagine that.

    GO's and Admins may be volunteering their time to the game when they get extra time but they ALL sure know how to come up with some excuses.

    Spidey Taak wrote:

    Learn 2 play.


    A lot one man can say, but sometimes the least is most helpful
  • ImperialUser wrote:

    Any coincidence on the timing of when a report gets handled to other events in game is just that, a coincidence.
    yes because i clearly made a statement about your actual job instead of dealing with cheating players. Maybe if you focused on reports and the game a bit more and less on the forums you might get something done.


    i quoted your excuse since you failed to realize what it was before making an ignorant reply and avoiding my reply as to how so many times big time players of piracy got reported but stayed in the game until piracy ended. Keeping in mind one of those players was ranked #1 on chi with at least 2/3rds more points then the #2 guy below him. odd huh.

    Spidey Taak wrote:

    Learn 2 play.


    A lot one man can say, but sometimes the least is most helpful
  • seems to be a typical VIE member in the works, as usual using another account and planting a town on all the same islands the main account is on, so that the second account donates all the wood and the main gets to keep all the wood for his upgrades. but now there is this amazing new ip sharing feature people like him can do this, and get away with it. thus taking up space on useful islands others who actually donate could be benefiting from. GREAT THANKS GAMEFORGE.
    If your point is that this is cheating, that is not the case anymore. If your point is that it allows people who have multiple accounts some unfair advantage - I am with you there. I actually was one of the few who argued this would be problematic, but unfortunately the deal is done - and at least what others do you can do as well. If your point is that it gives people another way to leech - welll I think that might be a stretch. People who don't donate don't suddenly now become good donors now that we allow multis. I understand being annoyed with this kind of behavior, but truth be told he probably wasn't donating before the merge either.
    second i have reported people. it OFTEN happened on Chi with multi players, easy 70% being VIE, even the top ranked player in the server was from VIE, the sad thing was the HORRID response time to these reports. what was also such a coincidence was how a player would be reported multiple times from different players, but they were allowed to play until piracy ended. Upon which their account would THEN go to auto v mode for the cheating they were doing, then of course after 2 weeks their towns pillaged of the goods they got from piracy, which happened on numerous occasions.
    Welp it's been 7 months since chi existed - back when we had 23 servers and not enough team members to cover them all. When we don't have enough team members the SGO has to watch the server in addition to their own duties - and to do GO work at minimum is about an hour per day. 23 servers = 23 hours - you might get the picture why some things fell through the proverbial cracks. I've said this many times, and know I will say it many more times - quantity of reports has no bearing on whether someone gets banned or not. The Game Operator/SGO/Admin will NOT ban someone unless their investigation bears enough evidence to ban them, period. I know that's frustrating, because you don't know what we use as evidence, and we cannot tell you those things. However, it's easy to sit and criticize the quality of a job you know nothing about; and guaging by your own lack of interest in applying predicts, to some extent the continuation of the same problem - the fewer volunteers we have per server, the larger the problem will compound. It's simple math.
    yes because i clearly made a statement about your actual job instead of dealing with cheating players. Maybe if you focused on reports and the game a bit more and less on the forums you might get something done

    Lol. So I'm going to do something you did not do for the staff, and afford you the benefit of the doubt and guess that you are ignorant on this topic. Imperial does not handle anything regarding the game - he is a moderator. Moderators manage the boards and and have no ingame controls. So, your angst aimed at him is not really well served.
    Now, again as someone who claims to be interested in the rules I'm certain you know of the following quoted from the board rules:
    The same applies if your Topic gets closed. Please do not open several threads on the same topic and try to use the search.
    • [quote]Discussion of board/ game bans or warnings is not permitted in the public forums, this may result in further bans or warnings. Please discuss these issues with the Moderator/ Game Operator involved or their superior only.[/quote]
    I'm sure as someone concerned about cheating you make an effort to obey all the rules, not just those you find convenient. Please stop discussing Chi bans and move complaints regarding donations from multis (if that was your original complaint) to feedback where it is better suited.

    Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
    :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
  • Wanna touch base on a few of these quotes right quick..

    Turkeh wrote:

    However, it's easy to sit and criticize the quality of a job you know nothing about
    Like you said just before this quote GO's and admins have rules to follow and don't share anything dealing with how they deal with players in the game. That being said how do you expect anyone except admins to understand a job you all are 'doing' when no one knows ANYTHING about?

    Turkeh wrote:

    Imperial does not handle anything regarding the game - he is a moderator. Moderators manage the boards and and have no ingame controls
    He doesnt do anything except what goes on in the boards, EVERYTHING MAKES SINCE NOW. Yet he tries so hard defending those that 'monitor' the game where in the previous quote no one but GO's know how to single out 'actual cheaters'. But still he claims to have the knowledge in dealing with in game cheaters when he doesn't nothing IN. THE. GAME.

    Turkeh wrote:

    If your point is that it allows people who have multiple accounts some unfair advantage - I am with you there. I actually was one of the few who argued this would be problematic, but unfortunately the deal is done - and at least what others do you can do as well.
    So you agree about this multi account BS, argue about it, it still gets brought into the game. Not sure how many other admins, GO's Mods etc, agreed with you but its apparent that either GF could care less or didn't see any harm in it. Go figure.

    I can do what others are doing, yes nothing says lets all have multi accounts and be followers for our own selfishness like spamming an island full of 'sub/clone/multi' accounts. I'm not sure why people are all grouped up in the center with so much population in the first few days. What if someone wants 15 other mes' with their own island and a lvl 30 mill and luxury by week one, then have the ability to delete these multi accounts for friends or other towns of their own for self benefit.

    Yea that's totally rad, when a game comes down to letting 1 person have 10 accounts for personal pleasure and benefit it is obviously not on a mud slide downhill spiral.


    For a game that i do actually have the opportunity/chance of becoming some kind of admin in order to help a community become truly awesome like others that put in time to do the same i have to say there is no way i would become one for this game. Because if there are a few things i have seen the past few years about this game its that admins have No say in what changes and GF has and always will do what ever they can to get people to spend money in the game. PERIOD. and having the server merge months ago letting people freely multi account is proof of that.



    :closed:

    Spidey Taak wrote:

    Learn 2 play.


    A lot one man can say, but sometimes the least is most helpful

    The post was edited 1 time, last by aurther13th ().

  • Good luck with this struggle.

    Game Forge is a for profit company, yet somehow they convinced fools to volunteer their time. Game Forge made the decision to use free staff and pocket the savings.

    Now we have these 'community leaders' who make arbitrary judgements. They seem to pull the results out of their behinds. They wont even tell you who accused you of the crime you have been banned for. They don't even let you talk about it. Then they make lame excuses about being volunteers. The buck stops at game forge. Deal with it or leave like everyone else did.

    When they decided to allow multi accounts in the server merge to insure they didn't lose any whale accounts of fools buying thousands of spartans the game pretty much ended.

    It's all a huge joke and the fact that there are only about 5 people who even care about this game now sums it up.
    Do Not Disturb My Circles
  • I have to agree with OP, Mods don't usually help out at all. I like them as people but they unfairly ban or they look the other way when big ambro spenders cheat. I mean i've reported a player after watching him wave fires for 3 days straight and he's still going at that kind of shenanigans even after i've reported him every time it happens. Not sure if any of you have ever tried staying up for ika for 3 days straight but seems pretty clear cut case of cheating.

    (Censored - Ban Discussion)

    You know what's really great about being a narcissist? Me.

    Wars won against: BTF, 101st, UN, UNR, BLOOD, VOZER, CELTS, -VIE-(Pi), -VnA-, UbNi, -NL-, REAL, BILL, UNREAL, PIMP, MTO, FUZZ, PIMPx2, Wolf, G-BRO, A-O, PIMPx3, FUZZx2, AOK, WarCry, -VIE-(Sigma), Pinas, -SPA-, FED, -HoH-, FILO, -SA-, TNT, DrInK, TRN, B S(omi), Honor
  • I've seen the manual for SGOs. Maybe it's changed of late but I've seen the line where Ambro users are allowed leeway.
    You know what's really great about being a narcissist? Me.

    Wars won against: BTF, 101st, UN, UNR, BLOOD, VOZER, CELTS, -VIE-(Pi), -VnA-, UbNi, -NL-, REAL, BILL, UNREAL, PIMP, MTO, FUZZ, PIMPx2, Wolf, G-BRO, A-O, PIMPx3, FUZZx2, AOK, WarCry, -VIE-(Sigma), Pinas, -SPA-, FED, -HoH-, FILO, -SA-, TNT, DrInK, TRN, B S(omi), Honor
  • I'd like to see it as well... since I'm even an admin in another community for about 5 years it will be very interesting to see what I've missed about ambro users all this time. :)
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • I'd have to dig to find the manual. It was right after the section that talks about how you can see if 2 accounts have identical passwords where they talk about how they will only ban the bigger account if the person admits to cheating.
    You know what's really great about being a narcissist? Me.

    Wars won against: BTF, 101st, UN, UNR, BLOOD, VOZER, CELTS, -VIE-(Pi), -VnA-, UbNi, -NL-, REAL, BILL, UNREAL, PIMP, MTO, FUZZ, PIMPx2, Wolf, G-BRO, A-O, PIMPx3, FUZZx2, AOK, WarCry, -VIE-(Sigma), Pinas, -SPA-, FED, -HoH-, FILO, -SA-, TNT, DrInK, TRN, B S(omi), Honor
  • So lol, I'm gonna close this "dicussion" down now since it's ceased being profitable and now turned into lol people stating outright falsehood. The manual you think you have Backspace, is not the SGO manual (and the person who wrote ours happens to be a good friend of mine) - because pretty much everything you've stated is false :P. You want to know one of the reasons ban discussion isn't allowed? Because it always devolves into this - some guy who claims he has everything figured out, but in fact does not.

    We do not see ambrosia users, as volunteers. We have no clue if you purchase ambrosia or not.


    Which, frankly, is what I prefer as I would like nothing to bias the volunteers one way or another when they make judgements. If you have a specific concern please feel free to contact the super (lysippe for go's) and (drk/sco-dubt for mods) via ticket or pm, and if you find that judgement unsatisfactory you can get ahold of me, baby, or ryelle. However the speculation about methods/procedures/what we can/cannot see needs to stop.

    Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
    :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance: