Why has the pillory been removed?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Why has the pillory been removed?

The only evidence those of us who play this game have that shows rules are enforced is by seeing offenders show up on the Pillory. If someone does something to get a warning, or does something that the rest of us feel is against the rules, it just looks like they can continually keep doing it. Taking the ingame pillory was bad enough. (I know of three very active players who have now vanished and no one knows what happened to them.) But now the Boards pillory is gone, too.

Can we at least get an explanation on why rules enforcement is being censored?

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats

The post was edited 1 time, last by JuneBarcarolle ().

• First off, to be clear: I disagree with the removal of the pillory. I think it was a bad move on GF's part and HIGHLY desire its return.

Now that we're all clear on my stance, I'll give the reasoning that was given by .org's CoMa. "It was mistake to have the pillory originally. If a player is banned, that's between GF and the player. It is not anyone else's business."

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • And now that I've created a thread for it, the board pillory is back. I am confused. 45 minutes ago I clicked on it and was taken to a page that said "The pillory has been removed!". I guess I'll stop complaining. ?(

sig by Checkmate

• Wait, which pillory are you referring to? The pillory link at each server, or the forum's pillory for Board-Related offenses? I just checked the ingame pillory link from the board and it still says 'removed.'

EDIT: Just reread your initial post. The quote I referenced was in regards to the ingame one. I never heard anything about removing the board pillory. So I don't know why it was disabled temporarily but yeah, at least we have that.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kaleg Nar ().

• [turkeh]Yep, it's primarily for user privacy that it was removed. It also created some complications in the fact that we now allow transfer of accounts between worlds and the pillory is tied to those worlds.[/turkeh]

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • Ya know, I had wondered what happened to warnings on accounts when they moved to new worlds. For that matter I still wonder what happens if you take over someone's account. Does the history stay with it? (I imagine it would, but without a pillory a new owner would have a hard time knowing it.)

sig by Checkmate

• JuneBarcarolle wrote:

The only evidence those of us who play this game have that shows rules are enforced is by seeing offenders show up on the Pillory. If someone does something to get a warning, or does something that the rest of us feel is against the rules, it just looks like they can continually keep doing it.
      Totally agree with this. It was a bad idea removing the pillory. On Apollon, we see a lot of people getting banned, and we have no idea for what reason. Some are gone for a few days / weeks, and no idea if they will ever get back in the game. Well that's another issue, hope that GF will also consider that.

We also see a lot players talking advantage of the Multi accounts, and it will be a great knowing that GF is doing their part in monitoring these accounts and see to it that nothing was exploited. The pillory is a tool to let us know that rules are strictly enforced. This way also players will be more mindful of the rules.