Greater Idea Mafia [Advanced Game]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• True enough.

I was thinking over the last three weeks of being a ghost how I would have liked to mention some things to the town, but that was against the rules.

As a stump, you would be like a ghost that could talk freely all day long, so better a stump than a ghost I suppose.
  • List of Discarded Roles:

1. Chocolate - Alpha Werewolf
    2. Turkeh - Judas
    3. bamcbix - Hider
    4. bakakadassa - 1-shot Day Vig, Tracker
    5. Frozen Angel - Vanilla Townie, Lover
    6. abduln - 1-shot Kingmaker, Bodyguard
    7. Little Monster - Werewolf One-shot PGO
    8. Kaleg Nar - Underdog (When the first Day death occurs, adopts the alignment of the dead player. Starts as Survivor)
    9. CrackV - Innocent Child
    10. Dutch Lion - FBI Agent
    11. Xerxes III - Alien Prober
    12. DrkAngel - Conspiracy Theorist (Gets result "Alien" or "Not Alien"; investigates as "Alien")
    13. amnael - Nymphomaniac (Compulsively chooses a Lover on Night 1; NOT part of pre-existing Lover groups unless united by N1 choice)
    14. Rup - Werewolf
    15. Heather - Lover
    16. Shepherd Book - One-shot Governor

These are the roles that were drawn but were discarded.
  • Wow, that is a lot to digest.

Having never played a game with this feature before, I can only guess what to do with this info.

I am guessing there will be some questions regarding why people turned down certain roles since I know I have some.

First, you may wonder why I turned down the Alien Prober role: Although it sounds interesting, and I have definitely never been one before, there is no telling whether it would even have been any use. I just couldn't see probing everyone to see if they were a werewolf. In this open format, I am guessing there will be less aliens and werewolves if we are given a choice. I notice Chocolate, Rup, and LM turned it down anyway.

Now what I am wondering is why bakakadassa turned down the vig/tracker role?
  • Xerxes III wrote:

Now what I am wondering is why bakakadassa turned down the vig/tracker role?
    Turning down Vig was easy; seeing as how a more experienced player like yourself did with it in our previous game. ;)
    No offense intended though. My point is: If YOU could go so wrong with it, then I certainly could.

Now turning down the is even more obvious. I'm still a rookie in this game, and EVEN if I did come up with some useful info I would not be able to motivate the town to go in the right direction unless I role claim (soft or hard). No one would believe me much. I prefer to let it go to someone who knows how to use it, and -even more- will know how to convince people to follow them without getting themselves killed @ N1.

So there. Anyone else interested in explaining their reasons? I'm particularly interested in Dutch's reasoning for tossing away the role of an FBI agent.
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• Frozen Angel wrote:

checking in

Vote bakakasada

she discarded 1-shot Day Vig and Tracker! and he thinks bam is lurking at this stage of the game?! :pillepalle:
    I certainly did. I saw him watching the thread for considerably a long time w/o checking in, and we were told this is scummy behaviour.
    Now that he has posted though; unvote: bamcbix

• bakakadassa wrote:

I certainly did. I saw him watching the thread for considerably a long time w/o checking in, and we were told this is scummy behaviour.
    Now that he has posted though; unvote: bamcbix
    Lol but bam is always lurky as hell :P. Xerxes don't be too hard on yourself - At first my reaction was, why wouldn't you give yourself a night to gather info and then kill, but you were lynched your first night, so you might have waited for naught anyways. BS was acting scummy and I could see why you'd pick him.

Bakakadassa :P can't be afraid in this game of making a mis-step. Being afraid can mean you're not gonna scum-hunt as hard as you might normally. Sometimes you take a role, just to learn how it works and how to avoid making mistakes.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
    :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
  • Turkeh wrote:

Bakakadassa :P can't be afraid in this game of making a mis-step. Being afraid can mean you're not gonna scum-hunt as hard as you might normally. Sometimes you take a role, just to learn how it works and how to avoid making mistakes.
    Yes, I'm sure I WILL commit a mistake or two still. I'm just trying to keep it to a minimum.

The thing is: when I went to the wiki and read about the roles I got exposed to a much wider world than in our previous game. This one has werewolves & aliens. Cops won't investigate werewolves, seers won't investigate mafia, some role that would be required to target the innocent child once they are named .. etc. so I simply opted for the safest/easiest option I was offered.

You can bet I would play more aggressively once I get the hang of it. As I stated in my application to this game: What better way to learn than to try it out?