Mafia 101

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Howdy all. How's it going? Checking in, role received. And everyone throwing shade on me already: Good job. You can't trust anyone, especially not people who are known manipulators. :)

and so, for my spamvote

Lynch: Rup

Reason: funsies

~So it is written, in the blood of the innocent, that all shall be burned away through me.~

Sig by Takecare and Avatar by Cheodo
  • Checking in, sorry didn't know the game had started. Let's start the over thinking game. I am Shep and I'm setting up this beginner game for the newer players. Do I make Nick mafia so that he slaughters and misleads the town? In doing so it would provide many abstract lessons on what the town did wrong. However he could also let Nick be a townie and show the town to scum hunt and how to get the mafia so that they can learn from him in the future... Or it's all randomly made

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • Let's stop that train before it starts. I don't play favorites, nor do I rig. Setup was 100% random using an amusing atmospheric noise random number generator. Though there would have been merit to both those ideas, starting out with a how to rather than object lessons was my goal here. Not confirming one way or the other, simply saying don't assume I made any choices other than which compilation of roles to use.

My quote still doesn't fit ~ Me
    Game Rules I-Ticket (Support Tool)
  • Rup wrote:

Frozen making a cover vote on LM early in the game ?
    LM sure joins frozen pointing fingers at Baka for not spam voteing. And very fast indeed

we call that a spam vote here in our country, not a cover vote :D and no, I'm not sure about the way LM voted baka nor the way baka answered the accusations.

Nick comment about "not trusting anyone" is also weird.

and Jesse comment about nick .........Nick is a mafia player or a Town player ... yeah, What was your point?!! (nah I know you did it randomly shep, just asking why jesse even bringing it up when he says it can go both ways)

Sig by Kaleg Nar
  • Here's a tip for how I look at things when I pay mafia. Everyone is guilty. Everyone is a baddie. If you assume that, then you aren't looking for ways to clear people, you're waiting for them to screw up. When they do, you grill them. If their arguments hold weight, they become slightly less guilty than everyone else. There is absolutely no way to clear someone of being mafia in these games unless you are a cop, or they die. Never assume that the person roleclaiming is telling the truth (For evidence of this, look at FA's play last game). I have seen people get completely snowed by a single mafia member and he lead them through 2 full days of killing off townies before they realized what was going on. And by then it was too late, he'd already won.

~So it is written, in the blood of the innocent, that all shall be burned away through me.~

• The problem then becomes this, FA: If I am a known manipulator, but I am town...do you trust me to do the job of a townie? or do you just assume I am always going to go for the mafia win regardless of my alignment. So, to better phrase it, do you think I will go after the win as hard as a townie as I do as mafia member? The answer is: Of course I will. So, the real question you need to ask: Which side am I on? And the answer to that is: You won't know until I die. :)

• Very good respons from Nick on Frozens questions.

And two good post from Nick.
    Considering this is a beginner game i like that an experianced player like Nick is coming with some advise for us new people.

So far only 1 havent checked in. Auther.

And then we have a few that have checked in but dident write anything more than that.

I think i will hold my vote for the time beeing.
  • Cool. So apart from advice and speculations; does anybody really have something to say regarding this particular setup. I mean, does option #2 seem weird or what? A Roleblocker with no target to block? Isn't that exactly setup #3 in effect? The RB becomes a mere goon if there is no Doc and/or Cop. Or am I missing something?
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• It was really more of a joke to start the game, but congratulations on at least looking at it sideways and questioning it

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • I have no reads, which means it's a good start for you guys. So far, anyway, I am honestly waiting for more people to actually start posting before I go any farther here.

• Frozen Angel wrote:

But why are you so worried about RB actions?
    Lady, you need to work on your phrasing. The above quote could be easily used against you.

By asking me why I'm "worried" about the RB actions you are hinting I could be a town PR. But if I was, then you shouldn't have pointed me out in the first place. You see my point?

I'll disregard that note for now though, knowing your 'usual' compulsive aggressiveness, but I thought I'd give you a little tip. It's up to you to take note of it or ignore it, as it is up to others to decide whether they would want to use this phrasing against you.
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• Baka ... Your top post is actually a soft claim?!! :dash:

NO! let me be more clear : I just asked why are you asking questions about the roleblocker power and mentioning that it's going to waste. which is not something even considerable from a town PR to ask . (As its good news for town PR?)

AND I'm not afraid to be asked about my phrases. All people here know I'm not that fully fluent on English . And I'm aggressive and I will stay aggressive to find scum .... Are you threatening me? :D

Sig by Kaleg Nar
  • NickWolfwood wrote:

I have no reads, which means it's a good start for you guys. So far, anyway, I am honestly waiting for more people to actually start posting before I go any farther here.

Nick can't read. Clearly he's no help to the town if he can't read!

Vote: NIck

Reason: He's admittedly illiterate and as a result won't even know I voted for him!

Man - I used up all my cell phone's high speed data.. this is awful! So slow! Refilled my plan, but it won't take effect until tomorrow. I love waiting 10 mins for this page to load! :unsure:

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.