Mafia 101

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Players
    • bakakadassa
    • Rup
    • Frozen Angel
    • Little Monster
    • NickWolfwood
    • CrackV
    • aurther13th
    • HaNs
    • Jesse

Game Rules:

Gameplay:
    1. You may not post Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.
    2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role allows it in this game the only roles that allow it are Mafia Goon and Mafia Role Blocker.
    3. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline, no choice will be made.
    4. In order for all players to play at least one game day, this game will start with a Day phase. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
    5. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 12 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving. this one is mandatory, as mod I don't care about substance that's up to the players to hold you accountable. After 24 hours I'll look for a replacement if none after 12 hours I'll mod kill you.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
    1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = 50% of living players +1, rounded down).
    2. Once you have reached a simple majority, no further unvoting will change someone's fate.
    3. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.Votes will NOT be counted otherwise!
    4. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
    5. Deadlines may be implemented if I feel that discussion is lagging. At deadline, 50% the original number of votes will be required for a lynch to occur. In case of a tie, the person who first received the required number of votes will be lynched. If this number is not met, a No Lynch will occur.
    6. Once a player is lynched, the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; the lynched player may not post during twilight but all other living players may continue to post.
    7. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post, except at night. They may only post using the italics and random color codes and may not reveal any info.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
    1. Blue or Dark Blue text is reserved for me. No invisible/small text is allowed.
    2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM Me privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
    3. Questions/requests for me may be posted in-thread. Please bold all requests so that I don't miss them.
    4. Terminology and answers to common questions can usually be found by a perusal of the Mafiascum.net Wiki. If you can't find the answer to a question, feel free to ask!
    5. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill (which may be accompanied by moving the game to Night phase).
    6. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 24-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread or via PM to me. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don't leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game, and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don't get personal, and enjoy the game.

Possible Roles (No I will not tell you which one we are using it will be chosen at random)
    1. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor and 5 Townies
    2. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker and 7 Townies
    3. 2 Mafia Goons and 7 Townies
    4. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop and 6 Townies
    5. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor and 6 Townies

Mafia:
    You are a[ b]Mafia Roleblocker[/b], along with your partner _________ (who is simply a Goon).
    Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock (your team can do both so long as you live).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
    AND
    You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partner _________ (who is a Mafia Roleblocker). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens.

During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill (if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
    OR
    You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partner _________. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only you remain; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched (if that someone is not your partner or yourself, that will make things much easier). You may talk with your partner when it is not Day, and send me a choice via PM of who you wish to kill.

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no kills will happen until Night One.
    Town:
    You are the Doctor, and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person you protect will never die on the night they are protected), unless you are roleblocked[/COLOR].
    You may not protect yourself.

You are the Cop, and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues/no Godfathers), unless you are roleblocked.
    You cannot investigate yourself.

You are a Townie, and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.

My quote still doesn't fit ~ Me
    Game Rules I-Ticket (Support Tool)
  • Ahem... no. I don't have a problem with your special color. I just can't be bothered picking one for myself.

As for spam voting, to each their own. With no available info I could only roll a dice, and I couldn't find one with 8 faces. :D
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• Checking in before work. Gotta go do that work thing now. Be back tonight.

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
  • Like Frozen said.

Dont forget that Nick is here to twist things up. Be carefull witht that guy.

Frozen making a cover vote on LM early in the game ?
    LM sure joins frozen pointing fingers at Baka for not spam voteing. And very fast indeed
  • Well, last game i was told to try more in this spam phase, so this is my way of trying harder.

So instead of talking about what colors to post in i noticed you and Frozen.

Could just be spam, or a quick cover, wont find out if i dont point it out