Donator reward - with Title and Bonus resources!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• "Island god" mode for best contributor in the island.

Do you feel that donation is not worth because the amount is too huge? :dash:
      Do you feel lonely donating alone? :tearup:
      Do you feel tired of leeches in your island? :cursing:
      Here, the possible solution to fix your bad feeling about donation!
      :wood: :wood: "ISLAND GOD MODE" INTRODUCTION :wood: :wood:

Now we have a reward for best donator in the island, the player who donate the most will gain a privilege in the island, it will benefit the player and motivate all players to do donation.

For example, the privilege of the player could be:
      - the player will get the title "Island God" :highscore: . and it can be seen in player detail. :island:
      - in the island view: the towns of player who donate the most on both mines will have special looking like colors or decoration.
      - player who donate the most in his/her island will get 5% bonus resources production on both mine in the island.
      * To be fair, the privilege will gain for players who donate the most on average of towns in one island, which mean the total amount of woods on both mine will be divided to number of player's towns in the island. ie: a player donate 50,000 :wood: on both mines and have 5 towns in the island, so it's average donation in the island will be: 50,000 :wood: /5 :town: = 10,000 :wood: . another player in the same island donates 20,000 :town: but has only one :town: , the average donation is 20,000/1 = 20,000 :wood: , we assume the island has only 2 players we mention upon, so the second player whose average donation is 20,000 :wood: will gain the privilege of "Island God". :dove:
      * One account could has more than one title god. :highscore:
      * Each island will have only one "Island God".

If you like this idea, vote for it, and we hope to see this feature appears soon!! :thumbsup:
      If you know any better way to motivate you and other players to donate to island, don't be hesitate adding your mind to the comment below. :thumbsup:

Have a nice day
      World
      I talk to people and size is not a thing that matter
    • Donator reward - with Title and Bonus resources!

Reward for good donator, with Special Title and bonus resources production!

Let me specify the idea in following criteria:

I) Reasons:
      - to reduce mines leeching.
      - to have a competitive factor.
      - motivate players to donate more, to create a better world.
      - boost new players to fast developing -> pull down to see why :)
      - donation highscore will be hottest than ever

II) What reward?
      - titles. Eg: philanthropist
      - resources production percentage bonus, apply for every towns and any kind of resources.

III) How:
      **** Reward base on rank proportion:
      - Donation score rank higher than Total score rank. an math fomula in which I think is reasonable.
      Bonus resources (%) = (100 - ( Donation score rank / Total score rank ) * 100) / 10

Eg: Donation score rank 58, total score rank 100
      => BR = (100 - (58/100) *100)/10
      <=> BR = 4.2% bonus resources in every towns and any kind of goods.

=> maximum bonus resources percentage: 10
      => minimum bonus resources percentage: 0
      => Bonus apply for: players who have donation score rank number higher than total score rank number.
      => low score player easily get donation reward, thus who play game with enthusiasm will develop very fast in early game since many counterparts don't. They can get easy 10% bonus resources by simply add some wood to the mine early game.

FAQ:
      => Players whose total score is already too far away from donation score: it's fair game.
      => Players who cannot compete with other players: it's your fade, why you no donate? pillage, plunder, raid more , get more woods, spent ambrosia to trade for woods or simply use your advantage of your current total score to get more woods!! and claiming your rank!
      => How many people will have chance to get bonus resources?: half an amount of players are able to get bonus resources production percentage range from 0.23 - 10.

Let's make this work!!
      :D
    • Only problem I see with this is let's say there are two players on an island - player1 donates 100k to each mills and gets named island god. player2 so far has donated 5k to each mill. player2 decides it's impossible to win island god, so he stops donating.

While I like the bonus for the top donor, this competition may not actually solve the problem of leeches. Unless that's not the problem you're trying to fix, and you just want compensation for being the only player who donates on your islands.
    • well, I've thought about this before.

this reward is more like a compensation for top donator rather than reduce leeches.
      I've made another thread with similar idea , similar purpose , which is to reduce the islands leeches. But this time I added a math formula and it might works well. At the current it was waiting for approval.

childcat15 wrote:

Only problem I see with this is let's say there are two players on an island - player1 donates 100k to each mills and gets named island god. player2 so far has donated 5k to each mill. player2 decides it's impossible to win island god, so he stops donating.

While I like the bonus for the top donor, this competition may not actually solve the problem of leeches. Unless that's not the problem you're trying to fix, and you just want compensation for being the only player who donates on your islands.
    • [turkeh]

Thread reopened. The title is a possibility - but the resource augmentation is probably a dead end idea due to the fact that it could be easily abused (since donor multi-accounts are permitted).

[/turkeh]

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance: