Angels Fate

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Abdul, I gotta agree with Baka (damn people posting before me and then making my suspicions look like a piggyback) that trying to know the exact setup does put you on my watchlist, though not the scum list. (yet) Also, we see the possible setups so basically we know that's what might be up. If we kill a mafia roleblocker, that'll let us know which setup. The only other way to know which setup would be when the game ended. And finally, if the setup was revealed then the mafia would know what they're dealing with and frankly, that wouldn't be all too great since if we have the case where there are no power roles, I don't want someone RCing cop at LyLo (PS: Don't roleclaim unless it's absolutely necessary, people.) If you go any further on trying to find out which setup we're using, I will have to vote you.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • almond, while spam voting in the beginning is common, it's not common to add on a second spamvote to a person. So right now you have my FoS (Finger of Suspicion) for your 'jumping the bandwagon' on Bakak.

UNVOTE: HEATHER
    VOTE: ALMONDJOYBAR

Heather wrote:

• Ahh I see now Kaleg, thank you for explaining it to me like that!. I just thought knowing what help we have might help us in the game but I get you :). I agree with you in regards to the whole power role lynch lose business. Town has no right to aimlessly vote a power role then coerce said person to role claim.. It's just seems very unnecessary to me. (lol quick question btw, how do you know my name is Abdul? and not Abduln? :p)
  • Vote Count 1.1 :

Baka (2) : Maya , almondjoybar
    Kaleg (1) : baka
    DrkAngel (1) : PrEditor
    maya (1) : Drkangel
    almondjoybar (1) : Kaleg

not voting (3) : Abduln , Heather , RUP

with 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to end the day! :)

Time till deadline : 2 days and 20 hours and 47 minutes!

Learning Time!

RVS :A so-called random vote is one made very early in the game with no serious reasoning given. The purpose of random voting (and the so-called Random Voting Stage or RVS) is to spur the game into action by causing players to act in revealing ways.

Note : I put the learning part in my vote counts before the reading of game content. It has no relation to actions happening in game. Just wanted to clarify this for you :)

Sig by Kaleg Nar
  • It's obvious who the scum is.

Vote: Rup

Frozen put his name in all caps, so clearly he must be scum.

@abduln - You're still in my null list for now as far as I'm concerned. But yeah, the only ones who will be worried about what PR's* might exist in the town are the scum team. For Town, our best bet is to assume that we have 7 vanilla townies and don't count on there being any PR's. If we do happen to have a Cop and they get a guilty result on someone, they can still convey that information without necessarily outing themselves as the Cop. If we don't have a Cop, we'll already be doing the legwork based on the assumption that we don't have one.

*PR = Power Role
  • It hasn't even been a full day so right now I don't mind anyone not having posted yet, because they might just not have been on yet. Later on I'd generally say lurkers are more suspicious. If a person is a 'talker' then you have more with which to read them.

That said, I have a question for you, prEDITOR. You seem to want to throw suspicion out but you also aren't taking any stance of your own. Instead you are waiting for others to form an idea it seems. Frankly I'm less worried by a misinformed opinion from a newbie about how things are than I am by someone that's gonna let others tell them what to think before they even have an original thought on the matter.

Heather wrote:

• prEDITOR wrote:

Now the question is ... do we fear the quiet players or the "talkers"?

That's an excellent question. Some people try to post as little as they can get away with when they're scum, to avoid having anything that others can analyse. It can be a very effective tactic for scum - a vocal townie might say something a bit odd, others jump on it, the townie gets defensive and ends up lynched, while the scum players only post enough to make it look like they're participating. It's for this reason that some people have a policy to lynch inactive players.

However, some people aren't really sure how to contribute. They might come on and see that all the things they've noticed have already been talked about. So they stay quiet, or chime in with a few words saying that they agree with Player A and B. In this case, going for a lynch on an inactive will result in a dead townie.

On the whole, the only way the town can win is by communicating. Different people pick up different things, and the whole is almost always greater than the sum of its parts. So even if an inactive player turns out to be town, it's usually not that much of a loss for town simply because that person wasn't contributing much to the general pool of ideas and discussion. Such a lynch is known as a Policy Lynch (PL), and most players are reasonably comfortable with a PL on an inactive player if there is nobody obviously scummy to vote for. Of course, in an inactive PL situation, the scum are likely to come on and join the vote because it's one less town player that they have to worry about. It's a numbers game for scum. So something to watch out for is someone who's been not terribly active themselves and happy to lynch another inactive. This is why there's the caveat about going for a PL on an inactive only if there's nobody scummier around.

While on the subject of Policy Lynches, the prime one is this:
    Lynch All Liars (LAL)
    If you're a Town player, for pity's sake never EVER lie about anything. There's no need to. That doesn't mean disclose everything you know. If you have a PR and learned something, there are subtle ways to convey the information rather than coming out and role claiming.
    If you're a Mafia player, do your damnedest not to lie. Skirt the truth if you must, but every lie you make you run the risk of someone figuring out you've lied and then the LAL comes into effect. Town has no reason to lie, so it's assumed that if you lie about something you must be scum. Hence, it's a good idea to avoid it even as scum.
  • Vote Count 1.2 :

Baka (2) : Maya , almondjoybar
    DrkAngel (1) : PrEditor
    maya (1) : Drkangel
    almondjoybar (1) : Kaleg
    Rup (1) : Heather

not voting (3) : Abduln , Rup , Baka

with 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to end the day! :)

Time till deadline : 2 days and 16 hours and 3 minutes!

Learning Time!

Bandwagon : A bandwagon (or just wagon) is a group of votes on a player. For example, if A, B, and C are all voting for D, then D's wagon is comprised of A, B, and C. While in the past the term implied that the number of votes is large or the voters have little or no independent reasoning, in the current vernacular the term makes no assumptions of the votes or voters. "Bandwagon" can also be used as a verb (e.g. "wagoning") to describe joining a bandwagon for its own sake.

Sig by Kaleg Nar
  • Hmm.. nice, I feel like everybody is a Depeche Mode fan on here, and their favourite song of all is "Enjoy The Silence". :P

Come on people (especially those who DID play the game before). You DON'T want me using my "usual" way of stirring a conversation. Do you? I mean >> do you really want teach the new players that the best way to get people to talk is by being nuts and drawing all the suspicion your own way??? So be it,...

So what if .. :P

OK.. never mind. Let's try it another way. How about everybody tell us one thing they would consider scummy behaviour in this game? Just one.

Me, I'm ALWŽAYS suspicious of the silent ones and those who pop up to post one liners. That -in my book- is VERY suspicious and scummy.

Next?
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• Good morning Baka! Hope you slept well :), It's 5am and I need to hit the hay myself but before I go one thing I find scummy is one sentence replies lol, does that come under active lurking? :o idk

ok i didnt even finish reading what you said before i wrote this but screw it lol
  • Well, i guess im the last one checking in.

Hello Friends and Foes.

I am looking forward to be playing with you all :)

And to answer your question Baka.
    My mind is just to messed up to list a single thing that i think is scummy. It depens so much on the person and situration.

Vote Abduln

He had no vote ! Votes for everyone !
  • @baka - just one? lol

For me, it's not usually about specific tells. By now you've played enough games to see inactives who were town, skimmers who were town, people who made contradictory posts (changing theories) who were town. So none of those things are going to be clear scum tells.

Where I find scum is generally in reactions. To things I've said, to things others have said. D1 does little to help generate any good scum reads unless someone really screws up, although I usually have a few town reads by day's end.
  • @abduln: The very fact that you cared to respond before you logged off earns you one point on the green side. Thank you :D

@Rup: You could've given us an example of a hypothetical person in a hypothetical situation. Let's give the new players something to comment on, agree/disagree with, question... just get everybody talking, mate.

@FA: Congratulations. I see you're leaning toward the Jasper school already. :P

@Heather: YMMD. I agree on THESE BOARDS it's hard to get scum reads by the end of D1. On MS it's quite the opposite, and D1 gives you more scumtells than the subsequent days. The meta here is "everyone's innocent until suspected based on something they said or did". The meta there is "everyone's scummy and will be acting scummy until tricked into showing their town side". :lol:

@Kaleg: OK. You're clear. This IS the Kaleg I know. :lol:
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• UNVOTE: Baka
    VOTE: Kaleg

Since I am a NOOB at this game... and have no idea what I am doing... I want to say... I originally voted for Baka because he scared me with his post and that bird's beady eyes looking at me....

BUT .... Kaleg pointed out that I jumped on the bandwagon.. I take that as picking on this poor NOOB...

To answer Baka's post....... Picking on a NOOB is maybe scummy :tearup: