Angels Fate

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Vote Count 1.3 :

Baka (1) : Maya
    DrkAngel (1) : PrEditor
    maya (1) : Drkangel
    almondjoybar (1) : Kaleg
    Rup (1) : Heather
    Abduln (1) : Rup
    Kaleg (1) : almondjoybar

not voting (2) : Abduln , Baka

with 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to end the day! :)

Time till deadline : 2 days and 5 hours and 6 minutes! Online Timer

Scum : The Scum are any role in a Mafia game whose Victory Condition is mutually exclusive with the town's. In other words, the Scum can only win if the town loses, and vice versa. Town job is to find and eliminate all the scums in game (which called scum hunting). In this game , for simplicity Scums are just Mafia.

Sig by Kaleg Nar
  • almondjoybar wrote:

UNVOTE: Baka
    VOTE: Kaleg

Since I am a NOOB at this game... and have no idea what I am doing... I want to say... I originally voted for Baka because he scared me with his post and that bird's beady eyes looking at me....

BUT .... Kaleg pointed out that I jumped on the bandwagon.. I take that as picking on this poor NOOB...

To answer Baka's post....... Picking on a NOOB is maybe scummy :tearup:

Well, I'm gonna say that if jumping on the bandwagon had been your only crime and you didn't make any more mistakes, I probably would've forgiven you with chalking it up to your newness on the morrow. However, you have done yet another scummy thing which is an OMGUS vote based only on me voting you when I noticed you doing something scummy. Even more scummy than doing something scummy is retaliating against others for scum hunting. My vote on you stays.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • @almond - In case you're wondering about the acronym Kaleg used, OMGUS stands for "Oh My God You Suck". It usually refers to the type of vote someone makes as a direction reaction to someone else's vote. "You voted me? OMGUS. I vote you."

@baka - I wouldn't say the meta here is to figure everyone's town until proved otherwise. I pretty much assume everyone is scum and look for signs that they're not. This is why I said I usually find a few decent town reads by the end of D1, because I've been able to elevate some of the players from the default "probably scum" level.
  • OK, here's my misinformed opinion as a newbie so far: Confrontation seems to be the name of the game, because true colors are more likely to come through in the face of conflict. Glints of scum here, flashes of innocence there ... honestly, I suspect everyone at this point, and have been reading the posts carefully to try to pick up on anything under the surface.
    Heather, I appreciated your thorough answer to my question. I am going to take the stance that, while I am not usually what you'd call a "talker", it's in our best interest to write more and lurk less. Lurkers may be hiding something, and I will consider them extra suspicious ... which is also my answer to baka's question. Excessive lurking is scummy.
  • Lol no I wasn't skimming Bakas 7 sentence post Kaleg. Nice one preditor it seems like you're picking things up pretty quickly :), I've only played around 5 games myself although might I add I've noticed that true colors won't always come through in the face of conflict. Some will stick to their false colors to endure through the conflict and in the end when it works their way then their true colors may show, does that make sense? ;O Scum usually like to cherry pick these glints of scum and use them against the person that made the comment in an effort to make them look bad to the rest of the town, confused townees may do this too so you have to be careful that you don't say/do anything scummy without stating your intent I guess. Scum can also hide behind these flashes of innocence too so you really gotta be cautious
  • So far I'm seeing a lot of general statements being thrown out by the majority of people in this game. The spam phase seems to be coming to as people are unvoting their spam votes so right now I really would like to start seeing more serious discussion. (For example if you have thoughts on almond, share them.) If you notice something, mention it. Even if your post isn't original because someone else has already mentioned what you want to say, still mention it. Right now it's hard, for me at least, to get reads on you when there isn't all that much to get a read on. Basically my list of reads is for the most part a bunch of 'can't read'.

Heather wrote:

• The problem is, there's not much to talk about yet. There's little point in speculating on setup.

But yeah, I do have some thoughts on almond - and by extension, Kaleg.

Kaleg placed a (semi-serious?) vote on almond for putting a second spam vote on baka. Honestly, it's not unusual for one player to garner more than one vote in spam phase. If it rises to 3 or more, then it's cause for concern. I took Kaleg's vote as testing the waters rather than a truly serious vote. Almond rose to the bait with the aforementioned OMGUS vote on Kaleg. However, this doesn't register very highly on my scum meter at all. Not yet, at any rate. I'll be interested to see what almond does next.

Kaleg, on the other hand, is trying to put some pressure on almond. He may be just waiting to see how almond reacts to that pressure. Or he may be hoping for an easy lynch. Personally I don't find Kaleg's actions all that scummy yet either. I think Kaleg is just trying to get the ball rolling and get some kind of discussion going.

So for me, both almond's and Kaleg's play have a slight scum tinge to them, but not enough to cause concern just yet.
  • I will also take down my spam vote.

unvote DrkAngel

My thoughts on individual players, which are subject to change at any point:

Heather: extremely friendly and helpful ... TOO friendly and helpful?
    Kaleg Nar: the pot stirrer
    abduln: friendly, also a bit defensive ... but has been picked on quite a bit

I enjoyed your response to my thoughts earlier (abduln), even if it did muddle things up!

As for the rest of the players, I really haven't picked up enough to form much of an opinion. Baka seems eager for something to happen, the rest kind of blend together for now. I will work on separating them, as well as continuing to gather clues from the players I mentioned above.
  • So as promised. Here is a rundown of my random thoughts thus far. As it stands – I’m unsure who I should completely suspect. Everyone at the moment seems to be making posts on what they consider scum or non-scum moves. Which is actually good for this beginner game. But it doesn’t really give me an in-depth look at who they may or may not be.

I do find one of bakak’s posts to be a little suspicious. The bit on the power roles – he gave a bunch of roles - the combination on what they could be for the game (some that I’ve never heard of) which were different from the combination or roles that FA stated in her first opening post… I actually noticed that and was going to make a comment yesterday – but abduln beat me to it.

So for now I still find him slightly suspicious - he may have just skimmed her post… or perhaps this was an intentional move? So I will keep my vote unless some other player ends up catching my eye.

On another note – I do appreciate the lot of you who are being detailed on the rules, giving key terms and letting us know what certain acronyms mean. Super helpful in understanding the lingo.

Thanks to Svana for the sig
  • Vote Count 1.4 :

not voting (5) : Abduln , Baka , DrkAngel , Heather , PrEditor

Time till deadline : 1 day and 20 hours and 26 minutes! Online Timer

Tunneling : Confirmation Bias or Tunnel Vision is when a player becomes convinced by their own arguments by virtue of how long or how strong they hold them. It is a form of Logical Fallacy, much like Appeal to Probability but applying to the person who makes the argument, not their audience.
    It is not always a false assumption, but it can be blinding to new or better options that come along, because they do not match the player's "pet theory".

Sig by Kaleg Nar

The post was edited 1 time, last by Frozen Angel ().

• Sorry for muddling things up for you preditor I really wasn't trying to xD, if you have any questions please feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them for you. Heather is a veteran player for the Mafia game it's only normal for her to be this helpful :p, (What do you think the Mafioso label is there for? :P ) This doesn't mean that you should exclude any helpful pro town behavior as scummy, there are some good players that will play you along the whole game right until the end.

I'm thinking the same thing as Heather here Kaleg, what was that whole thing about? Take into account that almond said she has no idea what she is doing lol.
  • @The newbies: Pay attention to the REASONING behind every vote being placed, especially from Kaleg & Heather.
    Heather is our IC, so no need to explain. Kaleg is one "good hunter", so to speak. He looks for simple common scumtells. If you're new to the game you most certainly need to know what constitutes a scumtell.

Heather wrote:

I took Kaleg's vote as testing the waters rather than a truly serious vote
    For me it was more of a simple tutor for the newbies. He stated what looks scummy -from his own point of view- and backed it up with a vote.

abduln is one more player who is doing his best to explain and simplify the game play process. It's not his usual bc he's just as inexperienced as I; but it's a different situation now bc there are those who are even less experienced than him, so I strongly commend the notion. :thumbup:

Preditor seems to be the more active player from the 3 new players, which is a "minor" towntell for me. Beginners tend to be too hesitant to come out and play at the start of the game for fear of committing too many mistakes. This applies to both town & mafia newbies. When someone is willing to stick their neck out & speak more it "could mean" they have nothing to hide.

@maya: I was speaking in a more general form of how beginners games are setup. There is no need to confuse you more with details, so I'll just let you assume I skimmed the opening post. My point was to emphasize on the fact that fishing for town power roles (PRs) is a scumtell.

almond is pretty much neutral still. She does make mistakes but they could be interpreted both ways. A town newbie is just as much prone to commit these very two mistakes as is the new mafia.

More later..
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• abduln wrote:

I'm thinking the same thing as Heather here Kaleg, what was that whole thing about? Take into account that almond said she has no idea what she is doing lol.

Scum tells are scum tells. To me, not pressuring someone that's made a mistake has the same stink of not voting someone just because they might be a jester.* If someone makes a mistake I'm gonna point it out and oftentimes vote 'em. New townies make mistakes but so do new mafia so there's no 'they're just a new townie by virtue of being new.'

*For you new players, a jester [which is 100% not in this game] is a role that wants to be lynched. People playing a jester will often act scummy in hopes of getting lynched. As a result some people will say 'Don't lynch them because they're obviously a jester' whereas my philosophy is 'Why the heck would we not lynch someone that's acting scummy?'

Heather wrote:

• I was hoping almond would have been back to post by now. She's not quite at her 24 hours yet, but it's close. I'm very happy to see some engagement from all three of our brand-new players. The only way to learn how to play mafia is to jump in and give it a go. It's great to see abduln posting more than he usually does, too.

Speaking of engagement - Rup, where are you? So far you made a post to check in a put a spam vote on abduln, and the only other post you made was just a couple of lines. Care to add anything?
  • Vote Count 1.5 :

not voting (5) : Abduln , Baka , DrkAngel , Heather , PrEditor

Time till deadline : 1 day and 6 hours and 27 minutes! Online Timer

WIFOM (Wine in front of me) : WIFOM is the circular reasoning that results from trying to determine the choices of an opponent who acted with full knowledge that their behavior would be subject to scrutiny.In Mafia, the ability to determine a person's motives for their actions is a core element of Day play. However, a sufficiently self-aware player can make plays that look unmistakably Townish as scum or unusually scummy as Town. Thus, it is up to the observer to make a character judgment on whether the player really IS what they seem to be or faking it well.

Note : Rup and Almond are 1 hour away from being prodded

Sig by Kaleg Nar

The post was edited 1 time, last by Frozen Angel ().