Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Intermediate Game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• prEDITOR wrote:

Thanks for the information, Drk ... now I have some reading to do.
    What info? I only posted my spam vote and then unvoted...not sure how that causes you to need to do some reading ?(

I will have to agree that the LM/FA thing was something to note, but it's still too early to get anything from it. It looks more like FA being FA. I haven't really seen too much else yet. The fact that Rup still hasn't checked in has gotten my attention (like a few others as well). He will more than likely get my vote solely based on his inactivity.
  • EBWODP!

As promised, end of work day and yet still no Rup.

Vote: Rup

Have to be active buddy so we know you're not out to kill us - and if you're gonna be busy shoot the mod a pm so they can notify us that you'll be gone. For now it looks like you're just not checking in.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
    :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
  • FIrst of all i would like to say that i am a bit drunk right now.

And second thanks for all the attention.
    But if you must know. I have not been able to check out this thread before now.
    The time here is now 04:11 and i came back from the town a half houre back.

And simply the reason for me not showing up before now is that when the game started.
    The time was close to 11 at night. So i was sleeping. Then i wake up, go to work, and after that i went to help my parents and then play some indoor soccer and go out for a drink.

And last time i checked the sign up was not completed.

And i must say that you dissapoint me.
    I know that inactivity is not good. But do you really think that i am staying away for the first 30 hours or so on purpose?
    And instead on focosuing on something that could help the game i have to "defend" my self in my first post.

Now that i know the game have started i will start reading up the thread when i can on my phone, but like always with me i will wait to post untill i am at my computer (The phone really f*cks me up when i have to write that much, and the keyboard on my phone is not in english)

And the next time i am on here i will be looking into the ones that have voted me. I think we have someone in that groupe that just made the vote because i looked like an easy target.

But i will get back when i sober up.
  • Well Rup everyone was just prodding you, just trying to keep everyone active. Now that you checked in I think that probably changes things. 30 hours is a long time and I think everyone just wanted you to be active so we could have a complete game

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • That was a nice detailed response. Please note that I'm expecting more posting from you, not just once every 24 hours. The town needs full contribution from all of its members to win, any inactive, active lurker should be considered scum.

I too have a life and war on my server, yet I find the time to post by writing one sentence between every wave I send in. Just saying.

Sig made by DrkAngel.
  • Nice to see some activity so far, Frozen has taken the stage early by "testing"? LM to see how he would react to her vote? (am I right? I don't fully understand the point of what you did there...) why would you vote someone just so they would ask your intention? :O again it's nice to see Rup check in finally, I have a bit of sympathy for him this time around, last game he was barely making posts and I took that as suspicious and when he turned out not to be Mafia I was confused as hell (yes yes I know that every game is different and all that good stuff) just try and contribute more than you were last game please, it's better for us that way

unvote
  • I think that's the longest post I've ever seen from Rup. I hope this is a sign of things to come. :)

@FA - town have no need to be dishonest. In fact, it's generally counterproductive. Claiming that you're "testing" someone by making a scummy-looking post is not good town-like behaviour in my books. That little pinkie of suspicion is being upgraded to a ring finger of suspicion.

In fact, since you're the only player I have any real inkling about so far, I'll just go ahead and:

vote: FA
  • Heather wrote:

@FA - town have no need to be dishonest. In fact, it's generally counterproductive. Claiming that you're "testing" someone by making a scummy-looking post is not good town-like behaviour in my books. That little pinkie of suspicion is being upgraded to a ring finger of suspicion.

what dishonesty?!

what are you talking about ?

and why my post was scummy looking ?!

Sig by Kaleg Nar
  • I saw passive aggressive maybe (votes on LM but the defends my miner observation with information I hadn't seen) but I didn't see dishonesty so much. I didn't think the methodology was that effective when I was reading the posts but I don't know if I would call it scummy. Maybe crappy scum hunting so you look active but aren't doing much? I may be a little tired but I wouldn't mind you walking me through that post a little more Heather

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • Dishonesty - pretending one thing while secretly doing something else. In this case, FA saying that the reason she didn't want to answer about her vote was because she was making a "reaction test". Reaction tests are a terrible tool for town - it hides your true motives from the other town players and comes across as a scum tell. What she should have done instead was to say outright in her first post that it was an RVS vote, and then to ask why it would matter whether it was RVS or serious. Refusing to answer and looking coy are scum traits, not town traits. Claiming afterwards that behaving in such a manner was a "test" is a cop-out and is a tactic that scum often use when caught being coy.

Do I think it's an absolute indicator that FA is scum? No, of course not. At this stage of the game, though, nobody is going to stick out as "OMG this person is totally scum, we have to vote for them". But refusing to vote gets us nowhere. So I placed a vote on the person who had made the scummiest move so far.
  • OK, I'm back. But I don't see anyone trying to break the ice. So, who's your favourite character in Star Wars (in general)?
    Personally; Meesa likes Jar Jar Binks. Meesa thinks he talks kewl.
    Also Yoda, him I like. Very funny, yet very wise he is. Now pick up the pace of game we should.

P.S. Absolutely NO HINTS OF MY ROLE there. I just thought I'd throw in something relevant to the theme so we can get some posting done, and -maybe- find a U-turn somewhere in between to get to the core of the game itself. Or would you rather: "If you could choose your own Star Wars character, what would that be?". I didn't think so. ;)
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• I find it interesting that in the midst of a discussion about FA's supposed tactic, baka has no thoughts on it at all but instead wants to talk Star Wars in general in order to "break the ice". I would suggest that the ice is already pretty much broken at this point.

However, to answer baka's question, Jar Jar annoys the hell out of me. The version of him in Darths & Droids, however, is brilliant. Seriously, if some of you haven't discovered Darths & Droids yet you really should go read it. In terms of Star Wars characters, I've always had a soft spot for Han Solo. Gotta say, though, that I absolutely loved Rey in the new movie.
  • @Heather: Obviously I got sniped by your post #56, but I honestly don't see anything suspicious in FA's behaviour thus far. This is her and this is how she acts and responds all the time, yet I didn't feel the need to intervene in her defense either. In fact, I got the impression you were testing her reaction by voting her yourself, and were using that for an alibi/reason to place the vote, which is fine IMHO.

In sum, I saw nothing wrong in hers or your posts, and it felt like a dead subject already when Jesse stepped in for FA's defense, so I decided to throw in some stimulating stuff.
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• Heather you modded one of my games. I played lots of games from my first game (turkeh game) till now. and this is always how I act. trying to find sentenses that can make a conversation and melt the ice. talking about star war characters is not toward my wincon. my wincon states that I must find scum and I can't do that without starting conversations, so instead of staying without purpose and looking at my room wall or discussing a movie or nagging that people are lurking , I prefered to ask (even stupid) game related questions to make the game progressive. I literally don't care what do you think about me , or am I going to get lynched for my behavior in every single damn game. Its the right thing to do and I will continue doing that. Its pretty much effective.

I hate RVS , Its only a place that scum wants to stay in forever. I as town want to break this wall and melt the ice.

If you don't your helping the scum to hide You must try to get out of RVS. I don't believe day 1 lynches are useless like the way you expressed in the game I was modding. My play is not based on informations its based on interactions. for accuracy of that I can link you to some of my games which I catched scum in day 1 (in my little tiny experience)

abduln wrote:

Nice to see some activity so far, Frozen has taken the stage early by "testing"? LM to see how he would react to her vote? (am I right? I don't fully understand the point of what you did there...) why would you vote someone just so they would ask your intention? :O again it's nice to see Rup check in finally, I have a bit of sympathy for him this time around, last game he was barely making posts and I took that as suspicious and when he turned out not to be Mafia I was confused as hell (yes yes I know that every game is different and all that good stuff) just try and contribute more than you were last game please, it's better for us that way

unvote

I have a bad feeling about this post. see abduln yes I started the game with interacting with LM slot. so why instead of expressing your own opinion about that , your trying to repeat whatever happened ?

Vote : Abduln

Sig by Kaleg Nar