Ikariam Addiction (Game addiction)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Ikariam Addiction (Game addiction)

what is the problem of me? why I'm so addicted with Ikariam

the prove is that I spend most of time of in my day playing Ikariam,

On weekday: 8 hours working, 8 hours playing Ikariam
      On weekend: 6 hours sleep, 16 hours Ikariam

most of the activities I do when Ikariming is clicking around, seeing score and transport goods,sometime spamming circular.

I started having insomnia recently, I get tired everytime wake up and during the day, I cannot focus when work and thus reduce my productivity
      having headache at the sametime, I feel unhealthy,

how am I become like this? what is the remedy?
      I talk to people and size is not a thing that matter

The post was edited 1 time, last by World -- ().

• Well, if those are the figures I'd say you're too involved with Ikariam and should probably stop with online gaming (possibly even just plain old gaming too) entirely. (No saying, "OGame might be less addicting." Just stop.) As for how you get like that, there are a lot of factors. A therapist could probably help identify those.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • Well if your only playing 1 server I don't understand.. play 13 servers and fight wars in 1-3 servers ata a time and play the Pirate game in all 13 accounts.

I would suggest Fitbit to track your sleep habits..
    • Turn off your network.
      Burn your computer / phone / tablet (or just donate to charity).

Start any kind of physical work (at least 8 hours per day) to get you tired.

Should be enough as initial therapy.

P.S. Please send me details via private message to make me able to prepare invoice.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • You are too addicted.. And you need some sleep.

You might not like this idea. But put your account(s) in vmode. You may have those ocd moments where you try to log in and find that you can't - at least for an initial 48 hours. but it might help.

You definitely don't want a game to manage your rl to such a degree.

Thanks to Svana for the sig
    • Solutions suggested so far:- destroy computer
      - buy a Fibit
      - find a girl friend and mating
      - therapist

thank folks, great advices, I will do all of them,.. except for the computer.

in addition: how to find a girl friend? , fyi: I'm 29 and still a virgin
    • First of all I would recommend you to play this game less, how?
      Well, if you you're home doing nothing you easily go to play Ikariam, so make sure you've got something to do. Go like for example to the gym or start another new hobby.

You say that you're 29 years old and still a virgin, which tells me you're not really comfortable with girls.
      Try to talk as much to girls as possible, in the store, on the streets, etc. You will notice that you get more comfortable in doing so and better too.
      Don't just talk to girls you think are cute, talk to all of them. Doesn't matter if you don't like them. Practice is key. :thumbup:

Just have confidence in yourself brother, you will find yourself a girlfriend if you try your best! It's not like the wind blows them towards you, you gotta do your best!

Backspace wrote:

If your brains were dynamite there wouldn't be enough to blow your hat off.
    • Dutch Lion wrote:

First of all I would recommend you to play this game less, how?
      Well, if you you're home doing nothing you easily go to play Ikariam, so make sure you've got something to do. Go like for example to the gym or start another new hobby.

You say that you're 29 years old and still a virgin, which tells me you're not really comfortable with girls.
      Try to talk as much to girls as possible, in the store, on the streets, etc. You will notice that you get more comfortable in doing so and better too.
      Don't just talk to girls you think are cute, talk to all of them. Doesn't matter if you don't like them. Practice is key. :thumbup:

Just have confidence in yourself brother, you will find yourself a girlfriend if you try your best! It's not like the wind blows them towards you, you gotta do your best!

I like this guy, he speaks logic, Maya as well.

Life is for living, you will soon realise this when you find for your thirst for life.

HELL got sober BEGGING ON his KNEES
    • World -- wrote:

Given I've never dated, I'm not the best for on-the-date advice but getting involved with something can allow you to meet people. So if you join a group of some sort you can meet someone there. (Even if they're just a friend, that'll give you someone to do stuff with.) If it's right for you, I'm sure your local church, mosque, synagogue, or temple would have some get togethers of a sort. And of course there are dating services out there too.
      In my personal opinion I don't think it'd be all that great to base a relationship off of sex so I'd omit that part, but you're free to do whatever you want.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • Well, Ikariam is a game to play more, not play less

Well, Ikariam is a game to play more, not play less, I will not agree with a solution of play this game less. :))
      I mention addiction to say how much I love Ikariam,

----

Dutch Lion wrote:

First of all I would recommend you to play this game less, how?

I don't have problem speaking with ladies, i speak with old ladies (who have two and three kids) all the time.
      What is mostly to concern about is how to approach young lady without being think of a weirdo.

Kaleg Nar wrote:

Quoted from "World --"

Given I've never dated, I'm not the best for on-the-date advice but getting involved with something can allow you to meet people. So if you join a group of some sort you can meet someone there. (Even if they're just a friend, that'll give you someone to do stuff with.) If it's right for you, I'm sure your local church, mosque, synagogue, or temple would have some get togethers of a sort. And of course there are dating services out there too.
      In my personal opinion I don't think it'd be all that great to base a relationship off of sex so I'd omit that part, but you're free to do whatever you want.

Sure, sex is not a major concern, we all have left-hand as sex partner
      Nice song btw,
    • Believe me, younger girls won't find you a weirdo if you approach them. It shows confidence which is a good thing.
      Of course you got some girls that will respond a bit weird to their approach (because her friends are nearby or a boyfriend or something like that)

Age is not that big of a difference, between my father and mother are 7 years. As long as you don't approach girls that are like 14 it should be okay :P

So come out of your mancave my friend, so you can divorce your left hand Sheila ;)

Backspace wrote:

If your brains were dynamite there wouldn't be enough to blow your hat off.
    • Please, do us all a favor and stay a virgin. I don't know how anyone can stand to play this rubbish game for extended periods of time anymore so, if that's your afdiction, my advise is avoid breeding, adopting and certainly avoid leaving the safety of your home.

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
    • This was one average joke of a thread. :P
      Nice try tho.

I have a point related to what Kaleg wrote about involvement in a group.Basically, this is true as hell.I remember I had one terribly shy friend who wanted to get close to more people, but something just bounces him off meeting anybody new.He would just stick with few of us.Anybody eventually joins us, he walks away.We wanted to help and we tried to kinda force the things and it did not work.

All until we decided to join some clubs.Through cooperation and tasks he would slightly open up more and more and this progress continued to follow even outside of the clubs.In a few months we had to admit that the person we knew has changed drastically.This kind of activity definitely helps.