Hellmouth Ascendent - Advanced Buffy-Themed Game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Got my role, and checking in.

It looks like I almost missed the spam phase.

I was going to vote Pred since I can see her fangs, but I will hold off if we are getting serious.

abduln wrote:

Is meta really that relevant when ever game is different?
    Meta is very important, whether it is acknowledged or not, everyone seems to use it to make their comments and decisions at some point.
  • I agree with Shep; past habits really do add up and you can see them game to game. The best players are the ones who do the same actions even when they have different roles, their habits are so consistent they don't even change with roles.The only exception I have seen is when someone hasn't played in a long time and their usual habits of doing something are rusty or if it's a really new player switching up his strategy from previous games.

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • Alright, alright.

unvote

I agree that meta is important, however in my very short playing experience it has come back to bite the town in its butt more than once. i.e., baka is not acting like he does when he is a town cop ... lynch baka ... baka is a town cop.
  • Just checking in.

As to the meta it is iffy to me. Can be manipulated quite easy, and honestly on day one I find it is just a wash. Townie usually dies, mafia and sk kill folks pinning each other and townies go at it day two :p

But at least one thing remains.. i get fast votes...andif i live i will get blamed as scum the next day only on the merit that i lived lol. Which i don't blame peeps, been known to cause some headaches, and cause some people to bite on bad assumption too ;)
    R.I.P Carrie

Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • prEDITOR wrote:

I agree that meta is important, however in my very short playing experience it has come back to bite the town in its butt more than once. i.e., baka is not acting like he does when he is a town cop ... lynch baka ... baka is a town cop.

Pred, I seem to remember you reading the whole Firefly game to see if Rup was behaving the same way as in your first game.

That would be using the metagame theory.

At least you didn't correct the spelling and grammatical errors and send it back for a rewrite. :P

Good to see you Zullu!
  • Interesting Zullu, maybe your saying that to set up anyone that notices your still alive tomorrow and accused you. That way anyone accusing you looks scummy or they just can't say anything. Just me over analyzing your joke^

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • Jesse wrote:

Interesting Zullu, maybe your saying that to set up anyone that notices your still alive tomorrow and accused you. That way anyone accusing you looks scummy or they just can't say anything. Just me over analyzing your joke^

Also, WIFOM.

Xerxes: Yes, due to my limited experience I often have to dig into the archives to establish a player's meta. I am a big fan of it, but like I said, it has to be used with caution.
  • I think it's also important to ask yourself WHY someone uses a certain meta. Sometimes that helps you see why they then choose the approaches they do to argue in certain ways.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
    :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:

• Vote Count:

abduln (1) – baka
    LM (1) – Turkeh
    Kaleg (1) – Shep
    bam (0) –
    baka (0) –
    Jesse (1) – Kaleg
    Turkeh (1) – LM
    Zullu (0) –
    Xerxes (0) –
    Pred (0) –
    Shep (1) – bam

Not voting: abduln, Jesse, Zullu, Xerxes, Pred

Time to deadline: 62 hours

Please note that the current deadline is noon Saturday in my local timezone. Which also happens to be dead centre of an approaching snow storm of epic proportions. There's a very distinct possibility that I may lose power either Friday or Saturday for anything up to a couple of days (hopefully no longer, and hopefully lots shorter or not at all). If I suddenly stop making updates, that's probably what's happened. In which case D1 will extend until power returns. :)

• ShepherdBook wrote:

. Deviation from known town actions can indicate scum or in my case against kaleg not deviating from a known scum action indicates scum.

You forget that it's just part of how I play. I will ALWAYS vote someone if they add a second spam vote on to someone.

Bam, but knowing WHAT it covers if a player is scum is useful to determine what to look out for.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • Woke up in the muddle of the night/early morning and decided to check on the thread only to find we're discussing meta. Nice.

@Pred: You know the drill. I decided to drop that cop meta completely during the last game. I also decided to drop the role calling bit no matter what. *Funny thing is I just RC'd in another game on MS). &LOL&

Well, ut's cold for me so I'll crawl back under the blanket for a few more hours. I'll try to get the game going when I'm back.
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• I also woke in the middle of the night and checked the thread.

It occurs to me that I haven't voted, and why I haven't.

It seems like I usually pick on someone who needs to be more active, and everyone has not only checked in, but checked in before I did.

bakakadassa wrote:

Woke up in the muddle of the night/early morning and decided to check on the thread only to find we're discussing meta. Nice.

@Pred: You know the drill. I decided to drop that cop meta completely during the last game. I also decided to drop the role calling bit no matter what. *Funny thing is I just RC'd in another game on MS). &LOL&
    vote baka

for using the C** word already :)