Hellmouth Ascendent - Advanced Buffy-Themed Game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Vote Count:

abduln (1) – baka
    LM (1) – Turkeh
    Kaleg (1) – Shep
    bam (0) –
    baka (1) – Xerxes
    Jesse (1) – Kaleg
    Turkeh (1) – LM
    Zullu (0) –
    Xerxes (1) – abduln
    Pred (0) –
    Shep (1) – bam

Not voting: Jesse, Zullu, Pred

Time to deadline: 54 hours

• OK.. I give up. I mean, I can't claim, I can't act scummy, I can't ask "What if.." questions. Now how am I supposed to get the game going? Oh, I know.. everybody gather up.. ahem.. NOT YOU LADIES.. you're both welcome to use our credit cards for some shopping tour if you like, eh. :P

Ok, BOYS.. this is the latest of Vivid Entertainment Videos production. Or would you rather Mia Khalifa??

Now if that is also off borders, then I'm afraid I'm running out of ideas.
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• Well I don't know if it will help the game get going but there's only a couple of serious votes out there, would anyone of those care to expand on those votees a little more.
    Turkeh what do you think about the votes that have been placed?
    Kaleg why do you think it is a good policy to lynch people because they added a second spam vote, key word Spam...?

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • Because, the word "bandwagon" gets thrown around here way too much. In a 13 man game you need 7 votes to get lynched and if you figure 4 mafia members although 3 is still more likely that means a speed lynch isn't a risk until a 3rd vote is placed. Our a 4th of your going with the 3 man team. Also jumping on that particular "PL" as soon as it becomes an option looks like you're attempting to force a lynch by creating a situation or of what could just as easily have been a mistake. Or in this case pay off a long standing tradition/joke. Here's the thing, I actually don't disagree with your PL I just think you should either knock it up to a 3rd vote or even better wait a bit and give them some rope to hang themselves first. The spam phase is supposed to be fun and it becomes much less so when you've got to worry about some ridiculous pl happening if you happen to place a second SPAM vote on someone.

To answer another concern, while technically yes you do have to take all the times is been used into consideration when using meta, you also need to take into consideration how it was used each time and what roles were assigned when it was used each time. This particular delivery of his matches up best with his previous delivery in which he was scum. Thus the deduction I've come to.

My quote still doesn't fit ~ Me
    Game Rules I-Ticket (Support Tool)
  • I have to agree with Shep, obviously I didn't feel that Zullu is was at risk because I carried on with the joke. Maybe if it was three instead of two that policy would make more sense. Kind of curious about LM as well, two or three post in 28 hours is really light for someone like him. I know he said he was super busy but I think even last game he was still more active than this^

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • @Jesse - I kinda agree with the sentiment that 2 spam votes does not a bandwagon make.

I think it's a lame reason to vote, and I know why Shep would vote for Kaleg for that reason, but I'm not sure I personally would vote for that reason.

But since we're no longer in RVS:

Unvote.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
    :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
  • With all of the votes, discussion so far ... I consider everything "semi" serious. Until we find our conversation/arguing jumping off point - unless we're going with the whole bandwagon thing - it's very difficult for anyone to get a read. Right now, we're just a bunch of animals looking for low-hanging fruit.
  • Shep, you'll have your opinions on when to make the vote and I'll have mine. The goal of a vote is to vote the person most scummy to you at any given time, so I'll stick by it.
    As for the spam phase being fun, I'll still be looking during it for anything that rings on my radar. The spam phase is fun, but it's also useless for the town for a spam phase to last too long.

Pred, I find your dismissal of the conversation as semi-serious intriguing. Me, I view this part as serious discussion right now. I understand that it's the beginning and the conversation is likely to take a turn, but it's still serious.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • My view lines up with Turkeh I suppose; I agree with Shep about the timing of when he would make that vote but I don't find it scummy enough on Kalegs part to vote for him. I find Pred a little disturbing because I think this topic is more serious than most spam phases are.

• Jesse wrote:

I have to agree with Shep, obviously I didn't feel that Zullu is was at risk because I carried on with the joke. Maybe if it was three instead of two that policy would make more sense. Kind of curious about LM as well, two or three post in 28 hours is really light for someone like him. I know he said he was super busy but I think even last game he was still more active than this^

Jesse, I just came back home. I do my best to post as often as I can, but today was hectic. I did my share last game as I plan to do so again. Now if you'll excuse I have to take a shower and will be back soon.

Sig made by DrkAngel.

• Vote Count:

abduln (1) – baka
    LM (0) –
    Kaleg (1) – Shep
    bam (0) –
    baka (1) – Xerxes
    Jesse (1) – Kaleg
    Turkeh (1) – LM
    Zullu (0) –
    Xerxes (1) – abduln
    Pred (0) –
    Shep (1) – bam

Not voting: Jesse, Zullu, Pred, Turkeh

Time to deadline: 40 hours

• Little Monster wrote:

Jesse wrote:

I have to agree with Shep, obviously I didn't feel that Zullu is was at risk because I carried on with the joke. Maybe if it was three instead of two that policy would make more sense. Kind of curious about LM as well, two or three post in 28 hours is really light for someone like him. I know he said he was super busy but I think even last game he was still more active than this^

Jesse, I just came back home. I do my best to post as often as I can, but today was hectic. I did my share last game as I plan to do so again. Now if you'll excuse I have to take a shower and will be back soon.

Just trying to get the game going and people talking, otherwise we start day two loosing some people and not none of us having anything to go on

• Arguably any series can be broken down into two forms - the literal episodes and the fan - based reactions to those episodes. A themed game can take its choice of either as it is playing the theme of buffy, but not it's individual approach.

Anyways, I don't really care for character analysis as it just leads to "what roles can be in the game" and the answer is simple - who cares?

Sig by June 8)
    Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle: