trading port

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• trading port

if you have two trading ports in one town can you load two different shipments at the same time

When I understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, in that moment, I also love him.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eloy ().

• no I'm saying i need to ship x amount of wood to one place and x amount wine to another i have to wait for the wood to get done loading before the wine starts

When I understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, in that moment, I also love him.
    • The overall loading time would still be the same. Let's say you had two lv 1 ports and wanted to do two loads of thirty goods. If each port loaded thirty goods, that would take one minute for each. If they load together that's thirty seconds per each load and one minute total. People with dual ports often upgrade to the same level in each so that helps illustrate why it wouldn't be quicker.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • no on one port it would take 30 second on the other it would take 30 seconds so they both go at the same time so it would just take 30 seconds

The post was edited 2 times, last by Eloy ().

• On the Test Server I have two level 47 ports. 23,784 goods loaded per minute for each port for a total of 47,568 goods loaded per minute in my town.

Scenario 1: I want to ship 180 ships worth of good to one town (90,000)

This is a total load time of 1.89 minutes

Scenario 2: I want to ship 90 ships worth of goods to Town A, and 90 ships worth to Town B (90,000 goods total)

To Town A: 1.89 Minutes
      To Town B: 1.89 Minutes

At the end of the day, you're accomplishing the same thing in the same amount of time

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Champion ().

• no what i mean is

with level one port you have 30 goods per sec

with the way it is know: i want to send 30 goods to town A and 30 goods to town B

town A: 30 second to load
      town B: 30 second to load
      i have to wait 1 min for both ships to leave

now with system i want

town A: 30 second to load on one port
      town B: 30 second to load on the other port
      both ships leaves in 30 seconds

Edit i see what y'all are saying y'all are think if you put this in it would do away with the double speed (witch i should of put 15 where the 30s are and cut the loading speeds in half but i don't they should take the loading speed away... even with one port i think you should be able two send to shipment at once and when you get two it just send it faster

The post was edited 2 times, last by Eloy ().

• no what i want is the speed of two ports at level 1 be 15

and be able to send to shipments at once

15 seconds
      15 seconds

both leave at 15 seconds

• First off, lv 1 is 30 goods per minute, not seconds. Now, where you're erring in your calculation is that you forget that if a both ports are loaded separately, you lose the combined loading speed. So here's what's really going on.

Current system: Two Lv 1 ports combine to a 60 goods per minute loading speed. If you want to transport 30 goods to Town A and 30 goods to Town B, it takes 1 minute combined to load the goods. The shipment to Town A leaves in 30 seconds. The shipment to Town B leaves in 1 minute.

If Each Port Loads separately: Two Lv 1 ports are in place and load at 30 goods per minute. You want to send 30 goods to Town A and 30 goods to Town B. It takes 1 minutes for each shipment to load and leave.

What you're thinking of is a best of both worlds where you get the 60 goods per minute loading speed AND can load two shipments at once. That will never happen because it's overpowered. And as the math shows, the current system is quicker than the feasible dual ports.

Heather wrote:

• how is it overpowered if the shipments have nothing to do with each other then it would be like send one shipment to one person i mean i don't thank you should be able to do more than on ship meant and sorry about my times i didn't thank the loading time had to be to accurate as long as they were the same so i didn't worry about it much

• Here's math to show why it would be overpowered.

60 goods loaded for two 30 good shipments.

1 lv 1 port: 120 second loading time
      2 lv 1 ports: 60 second loading time
      2 lv 1 ports each able to load separately and use the loading speed of the other port at the same time: 30 second loading time.

You go from base loading speed to quadrupling it. THAT'S what's overpowered. The current way allows you to double the loading speed at the price of a shipyard. Quadrupling it for no additional price ain't gonna happen.

Heather wrote:

• yah true GF hast to make money to o well its not going to hurt me to wait

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eloy ().