The suitable age of most Ikariam players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• The suitable age of most Ikariam players

Okay, so the title may be a bit confusing and probably insulting to some. For the record, I just want to know your opinions about the age of most Ikariam players. You do not have to be specific. Like, between 25 - 45 ?

When I first played Ikariam 6 years ago (and I quitted it a year later for some reason), many players at the time I knew were teenagers but it is no longer the case these days. I feel like this game tends to suit more "mature" people rather than younger ones.

Thank you Ratna for the best signature I have ever seen :love:
    • Kaleg Nar wrote:

I'd guess the two main groups Ikariam players fall into are young college kids or aging seniors. That's just my guess.
      That's my guess as well.

Khaleesi wrote:

I have always played with people my own age or older although I have come across a lot of young ones;

Venom
      Outlaw
      Warman
      Jesse
      Zak
      Little Monster
      You seem to have a special feeling about LM, don't you? As LM said he is 21, I'm quite close to that age. :D

• LM is a lot of fun, we used to troll each other on NY, through that we became friends. I also respect his ambitions, some people will never comprehend the hardship of others but not LM.

You are also young, I am 34. The people I play with are in their 50's, perhaps older, although I have never asked their ages as I feel it would be rude. Other younger players are not so nice, I suppose vicious would be a word to describe them but I am sure they mean no harm, after all this is a game.

HELL got sober BEGGING ON his KNEES
    • I started playing when I was like 16 or something. Throughout the years I've met people of ages ranging from 12 to 61 years old. So I considered Ika as suitable for all ages, as you can see the age gap yourself.

I'm vicious too... As a kid, I once stole a baby duckling from its mother (Ofcourse I was then chased and repeatedly attacked by the mother duck, but still...)

Sig made by DrkAngel.
    • Khaleesi wrote:

LM is a lot of fun, we used to troll each other on NY, through that we became friends. I also respect his ambitions, some people will never comprehend the hardship of others but not LM.

You are also young, I am 34. The people I play with are in their 50's, perhaps older, although I have never asked their ages as I feel it would be rude. Other younger players are not so nice, I suppose vicious would be a word to describe them but I am sure they mean no harm, after all this is a game.
      Oh, that explains a lot! I admire and respect LM for the hardships he had been through too.

And you're right. It would be considered impolite to ask people about their age, so I just wanted to hear rough guesses. On a site note, you're twice older than I am. :D

Little Monster wrote:

I started playing when I was like 16 or something. Throughout the years I've met people of ages ranging from 12 to 61 years old. So I considered Ika as suitable for all ages, as you can see the age gap yourself.

I'm vicious too... As a kid, I once stole a baby duckling from its mother (Ofcourse I was then chased and repeatedly attacked by the mother duck, but still...)
      Yeah, I see eye to eye with you. Unfortunately, I didn't do anything to be considered vicious so tell you. Or at least I don't remember what I did when I was a kid.

Eloy wrote:

im 18 and I've been playing off and on since the game began
      Nice. We're at the same age! :beer:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sledge ().

• Khaleesi wrote:

Dude! I am not 36 for another 2 years! Lol
      My bad. It was a typo! I forgot to add "almost", so the sentence should have been "You're almost twice older than I am". :lolbash:

Lord_Aragorn wrote:

That`s odd, my very recent experience has showed quite opposite.
      Could you please tell me what that very recent experience is/was?

Little Monster wrote:

You're a living example of your own statement.

EDIT: oh and it's "quite the* opposite".

You're welcome.
      If you spot any grammar error in my post and my comments, please feel free to correct. English is not my first language so I am not very confident when writing in it. (Not a sarcastic comment). :D

• Kaleg Nar wrote:

I'd guess the two main groups Ikariam players fall into are young college kids or aging seniors. That's just my guess.

Hmmmm. I am not a young college kid. And I am not an "aging senior". But I suppose a young college kid would think I am I. When I was 18 I thought 48 was "ancient". 2 more years until I start getting my "aging senior" discounts at GameStop. :whistling:

The post was edited 1 time, last by RezaGard ().