IP Sharing Rule Reform

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• IP Sharing Rule Reform

I'd like to start a discussion about the IP Sharing rule and why it should be rewritten. My reasons are as follows, but I urge anyone who has an issue with this rule to please also provide their feedback as it is important for the Ikariam team to understand how it is negatively impacting their paying customers.

1. The rule was created to address multi-accounting abuse, but this rule is being unfairly and inappropriately applied to players who are not multi-accounting.
      2. It prevents players from inviting their friends and family to the game to teach them how to play together (not separately)
      3. Although the rule states that you can be on the same IP, you just can't have troop contact, this prevents players who know each other from being in the same alliance together and participating in battles.
      4. Players within large networks who do not even know they are sharing an IP are unknowingly breaking a rule
      5. Players within the same alliance are not allowed to send each other materials to help out their alliance member

The above list is based on my personal experience and observations of what others have posted. If you know of other reasons why this rule should be reformed, please post it respectfully. Thank you.
    • the problem that they are going to say is how do you tell the difference because i could say me and my girlfriend are playing but really trying to abuse the system if you could find a solution then I'm sure they will listen

When I understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, in that moment, I also love him.
    • Thank you for responding, Eloy. I'd love to provide a solution, but I am not a game developer. GF has development staff that they employ to solve problems within the game. I am only a customer providing feedback on a rule that is being applied to people in an inappropriate manner. Multi-accounting does not apply to family members and friends who are playing together in the same alliance. This rule needs review and modification.
    • IPSharing rules has always been the same, the only thing that changed is that you now MUST turn on the ingame IPSharing button.
      If you had an IP Shared in the past you should inform the Game Operator of that server so they could make a note to your account, that did not gave you more rights in the past then you have now.

In that time the following rules excisted:
      • No trading between IP Shared accounts
      • No military action between IP Shared accounts, that means not attacking same player, no defending in same town
      • Not together pillaging the same user.
      • No Buying goods at each other via trading post.

The only thing that is changed is that you must turn on the IPSharing button, that button is made to prevent you mistakenly make ip contact a kind of protection to say so.
    • Thank you, Lysippe, but I keep being given the same response - an explanation of the rule.

I understand the rule.

What I need to understand is if people are expected to only be in alliances with other people who are total strangers to them and never play with their families if they are going to participate in activities that involve troop contact. Is that what GF is expecting of people who play Ikariam?

OR

If someone won't tell me that, would someone at least admit that this rule is being unfairly applied to people who are not multi-accounting?

The post was edited 1 time, last by RavenHOS ().

• im not game forge but i know the rules better than most and yes i agree the rule is unfair to users of more than one player but there are less families playing the game than individual players this means that most people that use the ip sharing are one person and game forge doesn't want people to have an unfair advantage. so because there are less families playing they feel its ok to loose some players than a lot of players (that want to play the game the way its meant to be played) mad at people with an unfair advantage.

Edit* to your point about game forge have game developers. yes your right but game forge makes and run a lot of games there developers don't play the game as hard and as good as we do (i mean there are people that try to brake the game and try to push it as far as it will go to find bugs and better ways to play) so as a player its our job to point out bugs and better ways to do stuff

When I understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, in that moment, I also love him.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eloy ().

• A member of my former alliance said that even though he would like to teach his son to play the game so they can play together he won't because of the IP sharing rule. Does that sound like something any company should promote and be proud of?
    • no probably not but as of right know there is no answer to the problem of how to allow a family to play no restrictions and have one person with 11 accounts to have restrictions ik me and you would follow the rules but people get banned weekly because they want to brake the rules no I'm sure if u want r town back u can talk to a GO and they will give ur towns back and maybe if you again give them proof they might work out a deal but idk i can't speak for them

• RavenHOS wrote:

What I need to understand is if people are expected to only be in alliances with other people who are total strangers to them and never play with their families if they are going to participate in activities that involve troop contact. Is that what GF is expecting of people who play Ikariam?

You can be in the same alliance as someone who shares an IP address with you. You can exchange treaties, send messages, etc. The limitations are related to goods, gold, and military. You can't deploy to your family member's towns, buy or sell anything, be in the same battles, etc.

sig by Checkmate

I dug my key into the side
      Of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
      Carved my name into his leather seats...
      I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
      Slashed a hole in all four tires...
      Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats
    • JuneBarcarolle wrote:

You can be in the same alliance as someone who shares an IP address with you. You can exchange treaties, send messages, etc. The limitations are related to goods, gold, and military. You can't deploy to your family member's towns, buy or sell anything, be in the same battles, etc.

she wants to be able to do that

• JuneBarcarolle wrote:

In other words, we can't participate in the actual FUN part of the game. Got it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by RavenHOS ().

• Eloy wrote:

no probably not but as of right know there is no answer to the problem of how to allow a family to play no restrictions and have one person with 11 accounts to have restrictions ik me and you would follow the rules but people get banned weekly because they want to brake the rules no I'm sure if u want r town back u can talk to a GO and they will give ur towns back and maybe if you again give them proof they might work out a deal but idk i can't speak for them
      I've had a case open with Ikariam support [turkeh]snip[/turkeh] . Pretty amazing when you think of how much time and effort I've put into actually trying to become a paying customer of this company. Most companies treat people who are willing to spend their hard earned money on their product with a lot more consideration and respect. Clearly, they just don't want or need our money. That's great, I'm sure I can find something to buy at Sephora instead. [turkeh]snip[/turkeh]

And thank you, Eloy, for being so sweet and responsive to my posts. I hope you enjoy playing the game and if you are interested in joining an alliance, please look up ROS (it stands for Reaper of Souls). This is the alliance that has been formed in place of the original one I helped create (HOS). They are a very good and supportive group. The player you want to get in touch with is called LeEpic. You can let him know that I recommended you. :)

[turkeh]Censored for Ban Discussion ~ :83[/turkeh]
    • While there isn't required to use personal ID/passport or fingerprint for login in the game it's impossible to detect if the accounts are multi, couple, friends or family. Period.

The only way is to fully removed IP sharing restrictions or stay as it is.

And I strongly doubt you can't find other players in your server to cooperate with.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • well I'm sorry to see someone leave this game but i hope u come back

the game is still fun if you make friends with other people and play

• Draxo wrote:

While there isn't required to use personal ID/passport or fingerprint for login in the game it's impossible to detect if the accounts are multi, couple, friends or family. Period.

The only way is to fully removed IP sharing restrictions or stay as it is.

And I strongly doubt you can't find other players in your server to cooperate with.
      I was in an alliance with 20 something other people. Of course I was able to find other players on the server to work with. However, I had a lot of military, resources and gold and so did my boyfriend (the founder of the alliance). We were two key people who participated in battles. How are you supposed to win battles if you can't use two of the players with the ability to be successful against the opposition? It's ridiculous.

[turkeh]snip[/turkeh]

[turkeh]Warned for Ban/Warning Discussion ~ :83[/turkeh]
    • We were two key people who participated in battles. How are you supposed to win battles if you can't use two of the players with the ability to be successful against the opposition? It's ridiculous.
      Be little bit creative and use your brain.
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Well, regarding these and accounts and unbanning you should try to talk about it via tickets again. It's nobody's purpose to ban as many players as possible for breaking rules but it strongly depends on community: some at the begin send warning but some put in the place immediately ban.

If nothing helps, try to get new accounts from any bigger alliances or so - usually they all have some free accounts (and again - don't put requests here in the board cause it"s not allowed).
      (c) Albert Einstein