Beta is definately NOT dead...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Beta is definately NOT dead...

There are a few simple truths about Ikariam here that certain complainers are overlooking.

1) Ikariam is a GAME. It is supposed to be FUN. If it is making you miserable to the point where you have to whine and complain publicly you are obviously not having fun. My advise would be to change the way you think about the game.

2) This game is dynamic and ever changing. Gameforge does a good job of listening to the players and they make changes and improvements based on player feedback. The server merge and the rule changes that went with it are part of the game. Like many changes before, some players complained that they did not like the change and most other players adapted to it and kept playing.

So my friends what can we learn from this? You can either choose to be miserable and complain and not have fun... OR You can adapt to the fact that multi-accounting is now legal. So, this means that alliances will have alliances. This means that if you attack a player that he might have friends show up to defend him/her. It also means that there is more benefit to being an alliance member than ever before and that Ikariam is largely a team sport. I foresee bigger server wide wars in the future which is going to be fun! :gyrocopter-ani:
    • This is not how it is working out

Scrograck wrote:

This means that if you attack a player that he might have friends show up to defend him/her. It also means that there is more benefit to being an alliance member than ever before and that Ikariam is largely a team sport. I foresee bigger server wide wars in the future which is going to be fu

That all sounds good but the truth is far from what you say. When you attack an alliance you are attacking that alliance and that alliance only. You are not attacking every alliance that all their members have multi accounts in. The way it is now we can never attack any alliance as it seems someone has an account in it. Plus other alliances have no business getting involved just because someone has another account it that alliance. That what is happening now. Plus they use their feeder accounts to prop themselves up. You just sell to your other accounts at a high price and buy it back at the lowest. I see people now just sitting there with 100ms accounts. This forces you to have as many accounts as you can get and the person with the most accounts wins. No more skill involved just accounts. Get a clue, this will kill the war aspect of the game not make it better. :(

"It is better to be a live lamb then a dead lion Tis true,
      BUT it is better still to be a live lion"
    • I agree with you on most of your points, it is a game and it is played for fun. I have played on Beta for almost 8 years and I will admit it is not as fun for me as it was, We (1776) are currently in a war that we did not choose but was forced on us, we were told it was for the good of Beta, it would wake uo the server. Instead what I found is it ticked off a lot of long time players and they have went Vmode. I hope they come back.

Thanks, Sadistyx
    • coming from Delta which they probably should have renamed "Detroit" cause it was getting vary scarce over.
      Beta has a lot more life, but it's still mostly builders.. I mean I'd say 90% are builders, the other 10% are players that 'CAN' fight but probably only half that actually WANT to fight. Most players won't even retaliate if you attack them.

It's true that gold pillaging has deminished the incentive to be an active fighter.
      most of the time it's not that profitable, you have to pay for upkeep, building costs, then you have the problem that many players will just vmode.

this means I might cut thru 20k in MS and barely pull out any goods before my target is off the table.

I think they should bring gold looting back.. in order to stop from completely beating down a player I would just make it so anything up to say 10ml gold is "safe" anything over that you run the risk.

as for multi accounting GF got it wrong they should have allowed people to pool up their accounts and cherry pick the best towns for 1 account, what ever was left over should have had it's building costs and donations refunded.

allowing people to have 8+ accounts legit on single server is crazy.
      and NO having umbrella alliances is a bad thing.

On Delta we had someone try that it was called the 4 horsemen any attack on any of the 4 alliances was an attack on all alliances.
      Delta at the time did not take kindly to that line of thinking and a war broke out that lead to it's dismantle.

@smithranch
      It's called war for a reason, we thought being #3 and having a name like 1776 you'd have put up a better fight.
      having a war every so often helps keep things interesting..
      LoK is not blood thirsty, we don't play for endless fighting like some do.. But occasionally just building get's boring and a little war helps show you who's dead weight and who's not.

If all you care about is building a empire there are a lot better games out there.. simcity comes to mind.

"Legion of KINGS" vs 1776.. well.. the irony is not lost on me.
      Speak softly and carry a big stick.
      Carsten van Husen: We employee some of the most skilled howler monkeys bandanna's can buy!; Sure they have an unnatural fascination with their own excrement and a compulsion to throw it, But we're still the most innovative simian based company in the industry.
    • You need to remember

raztan wrote:

Yes and I would say most are not reported. People know its very seldom someone gets busted for Multi-Accounting. I would say for every legal multi there are 2 illegal accounts that people use as feeders. Maybe its time for GF to address this problem.

• The game servers are not dead, the forums are dead. GF killed them years ago by banning anyone who spoke against them. Banned then on the forums AND in game.

And, just a reminder for those who have short attention spans. Multi accounting is legal. That's probably why no one reports it. Duh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Originally posted by Harlot

You Ghost me and a family member WILL die
      Originally posted by linkoo:
      What the hell are you gonna do with 1.1k military? I misplace that many troops
      Originally posted by PhattyB
      My enjoyment comes from your suffering. So have a nice day.
    • I read my sig several times and am failing to understand your babbling Combatto.

And true Dave, but anyone who has multis and does not click the IP Sharing thing, they would not last but a few days at most. At least that is how it was when there were active GO's.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Originally posted by Harlot

You Ghost me and a family member WILL die
      Originally posted by linkoo:
      What the hell are you gonna do with 1.1k military? I misplace that many troops
      Originally posted by PhattyB
      My enjoyment comes from your suffering. So have a nice day.
    • deadidave wrote:

raztan wrote:

Yes and I would say most are not reported. People know its very seldom someone gets busted for Multi-Accounting. I would say for every legal multi there are 2 illegal accounts that people use as feeders. Maybe its time for GF to address this problem.

Hanni wrote:

I read my sig several times and am failing to understand your babbling Combatto.

And true Dave, but anyone who has multis and does not click the IP Sharing thing, they would not last but a few days at most. At least that is how it was when there were active GO's.

100 percent untrue! The ONLY reason Hunters multis got busted is because we reported the issue, other then that he had been going strong with these multis for YEARS! There is no doubt in my mind they do not check unless you push the issue and the multis people in this server are using for capture points is insane!
    • Ikariam version 2.0 maybe ??

Sober wrote:

There is no doubt in my mind they do not check unless you push the issue and the multis people in this server are using for capture points is insane!

You nailed it!! Soon to be able to compete you will need to cheat. You will no other choice, unless you want to be run off the server or farmed to nothing. When GF consolidated the servers this was a good move as if got more active players on the same servers. But in the process it had unintended consequences or unforeseen consequences. This will need to be addressed before we move on. But it may be to late as you look at the size of the average account since the merge. A 10-12mil account is nothing anymore. Lets see you compete against that as a beginning player!

:borg:

The post was edited 1 time, last by deadidave ().

• Combatto wrote:

:eyeroll: I rest my case.
      Did you mean: "I rest my briefcase"?

I'm from zeta and was there when all those lines in his signature were posted (heck, the last one is about me (ME!!#@) :D).
      None have anything to do with multi.

Schluups, Mad ruler of the Schluupsonians

The post was edited 1 time, last by schluups ().

• I think one of the main problems now, is that alliances go to war over the Pirate game - a part of Ikariam that alot of players actually either don't engage in and couldn't care less about.

Resulting in issues/DOW's, that a majority of alliance members (that don't have an invested interest in) care about, and cannot be bothered to get involved in.... add in the fact that there are players who have numerous accounts geared towards this part of the game - and now the whole thing is unbalanced.

Before the pirate game was introduced, you had alliances going to war over issues that most players could relate to... and become motivated enough to become involved - now, it's going to war over (what i believe) is just lazy playing tactics... push a couple of buttons, and raid for points... Looks lame just reading it.

Thank you to Svana for the Sig
    • Personally don't bother with Piracy, I seen it tear friends apart.. it's amazing.

I gave it up after a 2months.

I see nothing wrong with going to war over it though.
      You take someones points you're taking food out of their mouth so to speak.. those points mature into goods at the end of the cycle.
      Besides that everyone knows who won at the end, really expect people not to come looking for a slice?
      Speak softly and carry a big stick.
      Carsten van Husen: We employee some of the most skilled howler monkeys bandanna's can buy!; Sure they have an unnatural fascination with their own excrement and a compulsion to throw it, But we're still the most innovative simian based company in the industry.
    • It's not a fair playing field... and it's why the game is now dying faster then ever before.

Who even wants to try and compete with multi accounts - i know i have better things to do then try and log into a game 5,6, or whatever times a day just to win a point score game.

I am actually hanging around, because i have decided to try and stick it out till the very end... and it won't be too much longer at this rate.. soon, you will only have all the multi's hanging around, wondering where everyone else is.

And that seems so sad.

Thank you to Svana for the Sig
    • i think the pirate points should only be fought by pirate force i raid you you raid me back

Edit: i also think if your raided your crew should die not all but some i think that would balance it out

When I understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, in that moment, I also love him.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eloy ().

• Best way to deal with piracy would be to add a main account flag. Only the main account could issue raids.
      Swapping from main account would put all accounts on a 2 day V-mode.

Wouldn't solve all the problems linked to multi but would be a good start.

PS: never been more than a feeder at piracy because I'm too much of a slacker.

Schluups, Mad ruler of the Schluupsonians