suggestions that involve ip sharing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• suggestions that involve ip sharing

Anything that similarly disrupts game balance
      This includes suggestions for game-play features only useful for new players, since the suggestion becomes obsolete as the player progresses.

i saw this in the suggestion that got rejected the

ip sharing disrupts game play

people want to play the game the way it was meant to be played no second account that can be used to your advantage

yes i have a second account but i made sure it was all the way across the map and i use like i would on a different world the only reason i have it on this world is because i saw some one playing the game in god mode and i wanted to try with him i thank you should limit to three account at most and i don't even like that

stuff was taken out of the game because it didn't work like gold pillaging and i would rather have that.... this does not work it will drive this game to the ground you see it every day all most they leave the game because of it

When I understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, in that moment, I also love him.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eloy ().

• [turkeh]As has been stated previously, that ship has sailed. I also did not want IP sharing, but now it's here and we can't just tell people to forfeit their accounts. We also cannot tell people they can have multiple accounts and then cannot do literally anything with them, or make it so that they have to keep an accounting log of who contacted who. On the same token, we can't just allow no restrictions because that allows people to make it impossible to keep pace with those who have the time to self-feed their accounts. Ip-sharing agreements may not be everyone's ideal, but it is the best solution to allow people to keep accounts they've built over years, but not allow them too much advantage.

Restricting people to not attack the same account ever with their multi-accounts removes too much game play, which is why it's a dead end idea.

(Also this is better served in feedback so moving it there)
      [/turkeh]

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • i just think 11 is to many i am fine with allowing them to pick 1-2+ and giving them a 2 week span to move all resources and all people if they can into those 1-2+ towns that would make it more fare i know ship is past with it i just don't see the point for 11 towns just refine it a little more

and I'm not blaming u or any other mod or op its not your fault if i could complain to game forage i would

When I understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, in that moment, I also love him.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eloy ().

• As I already stated earlier: this ships is gone. It's impossible two years after the server merge when players are created and developed their multi accounts, islands and other things, spent money and time just to tell - it's time to delete half of them.

Yes - multi accounts are not good to game. But in the same time they have restrictions to avoid direct contacts or via 3rd part players. And there's not much to do about it anymore.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • well my mean point of this thread was to state that its not true that GF doesn't want to put any thing that would disrupt game balance

@turken tell me what you would of told me if 4 years ago i suggest the ip sharing thing...you don't have to tho because we all know what would of been said to this dead end because it disrupts game balance of some sort or another and GF doesn't want people to have more than one account and so on and so forth

thats all I'm saying

ik it can change but the the statement they don't want to add things that disrupts game balance is false

ps I'm only made at GF not you turken

• [turkeh]

Yep, you're right I probably would have denied it. However, things may or may not be added that violate the dead end ideas, because the devs on their own decide for whatever reason it's good for the game. The list of dead end ideas are a list that have both been given to us from Gameforge and put together by the team over the years to list which things we're willing to submit/they're willing to accept through suggestions. It's why a lot of times I tell people, that if something is a dead end idea, to go and post about it in feedback. We pass on wishes of users regardless of our own feelings, so that if there is enough commentary from users the devs can maybe rethink their stance on things.[/turkeh]

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • No my opinion; IP sharing killed the game and rules that made this game challenging are no longer in place. For me, it's frustrating, I play one account, one server and 90% of the server I am on are all multi's.

I would like to see the rules change but I am realistic and I know this will not happen. The game itself will die before anything proactive is done.

HELL got sober BEGGING ON his KNEES