A Not So Happy Easter (Beginner's Game).

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Hi guys, I'm here.

Welcome to the new players.

@SoftPanda - I'm not that scary, really.

@Pred - fair enough.

@Eloy - the general rule is that players can't PM each other. I'm sure any mafia will be able to communicate because that is the default setting for mafia groups and is either stated explicitly in the mafia role PM or the mafia roles are PM'd as a group so the discussion thread is already open for them. Instructions given via PM from the mod will always overrule general game instructions. That you're even suggesting otherwise is making my eye twitch.

Vote Eloy for trying to confuse the noobs.
  • First, I think on Vote Eloy because, Kaleg's agument looks good.

Then, his explanation looks good for me, but would keep an spam vote cuz he spam voted me.

After this, he said, Heather (who I though was a guy) may not check the game but I desagree because LM should have sent her a PM with her role, so she know she is part of the game. Semi-serious, semi-spam vote for Eloy.

Then, Heather's explanation came...

I won't vote you just because I'd like to hear your explanation:

Strong FoS: Eloy

You should explain what you said about Heather and about the Mafia role...

The best sign ever. Thank you Ratna
  • @Kaleg:

Yes. Pred is my Mafia partner, so I talked to her in private. :P

Seriously though, I did talk to Pred shortly before the game started, so I assumed she would take a little longer to check in. I didn't talk to anyone else, so I had no idea where they were or when they'll check in.

@Eloy:

I want to give you the benefit of doubt, but your SK assumption is an awful distraction/mislead. Beginners games are standard 2 scum 7 town setups with only certain roles allowed. I also find Kaleg's response of "maybe 3 scum" intriguing, which leads me to:

@LM: Are we playing "standard" setups or is there anything modified? You didn't provide the usual list of possible setups, but I still assumed the usual 7/2 split.
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• Very well, Baka. Here's the list of possible roles and setups you should expect to see in this game.

ShepherdBook wrote:

Players

Possible Roles (No I will not tell you which one we are using it will be chosen at random)
    1. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor and 5 Townies
    2. 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker and 7 Townies
    3. 2 Mafia Goons and 7 Townies
    4. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop and 6 Townies
    5. 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Doctor and 6 Townies

Mafia:
    You are a[ b]Mafia Roleblocker[/b], along with your partner _________ (who is simply a Goon).
    Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock (your team can do both so long as you live).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
    AND
    You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partner _________ (who is a Mafia Roleblocker). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens.

During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill (if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
    OR
    You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partner _________. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only you remain; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched (if that someone is not your partner or yourself, that will make things much easier). You may talk with your partner when it is not Day, and send me a choice via PM of who you wish to kill.

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no kills will happen until Night One.
    Town:
    You are the Doctor, and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person you protect will never die on the night they are protected), unless you are roleblocked[/COLOR].
    You may not protect yourself.

You are the Cop, and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues/no Godfathers), unless you are roleblocked.
    You cannot investigate yourself.

You are a Townie, and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.

Sig made by DrkAngel.
  • @Heather, is your vote a serious one or spam one? I honestly can't tell.

Sledge wrote:

VOTE ELOY for the same reason that Heather has pointed out.

Same question I asked Heather. Is your vote a serious vote or a spam vote? Right now I find it interesting that you placed a third vote on Eloy without anymore reasoning than the BW on someone. I'll grant you it's your first game, but it's making me leery.
    FoS: Sledge

Baka, AHA! So you admit you and Pred are mafia partners! To the gallows you'll go. (The past two sentences are obviously spam.)

Anyways, thanks for the explanation. And to make sure I understand correctly, your PM convo pre-game with Pred meant you knew she'd be busy for a while, hence you not expecting her. That would make sense then I suppose and I'm guessing you do understand why it had raised my eyebrow before.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • My bad.

Kaleg Nar wrote:

Same question I asked Heather. Is your vote a serious vote or a spam vote? Right now I find it interesting that you placed a third vote on Eloy without anymore reasoning than the BW on someone. I'll grant you it's your first game, but it's making me leery.
    FoS: Sledge

My vote is a spam because I saw both Kaba and zyxer voted him and so I just jumped on the bandwagon. Plus, I'm a noobie and I felt like Eloy was trying to confuse me. That's my reason.

Thank you Ratna for the best signature I have ever seen :love:
  • Sledge wrote:

and so I just jumped on the bandwagon

Knowing your vote is a spam one and that you did it to follow the bandwagon makes you my #1 suspect right now. Here's why.

The mafia wants to get rid of the town. If they see an easy kill they will go for it. As the mafia works together, they may often end up following a bandwagon to help increase the kill count by adding a non-mafia lynch to their night kills. (Don't be wary of lynches, but just realize what to look for while lynching.) The fact you voted for someone with 2 votes on them already and put them at L-2 (2 votes until lynched) as a spam vote bandwagon is highly scummy then. You followed a bandwagon, which I noted. And you spam-voted someone to a position where it's realistic for them to get lynched.

I'll grant that you're new so if you improve upon this and start showing a much more townie side than this debacle, I will be willing to let is pass as your big noob mistake. But for right now it's too scummy for me to ignore.

UNVOTE: ELOY
    VOTE: SLEDGE
    FoS: Eloy

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • @heather all the games i played it said unless your role says other wise

@baka i didn't know the things that can or cant be in a beginner game i will do some research so i won't make that mistake again but as i have only played a inter and advance I'm probably giving this game to high of difficulty

@LM i don't like the fact that you gave possible roles but to late now it probably won't hurt the game

@Sledge i wouldn't just BW on someone if it is spam it will make you look bad when/if i flip town you need to give a really good case or a FoS and then if it getting late in the day you can look at what people and then place your vote accordingly

When I understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, in that moment, I also love him.
  • Eloy's explanation looks good for me, is not FoSed (if you let kill the dictionary) any more.

Sledge wrote:

My vote is a spam because I saw both Kaba and zyxer voted him and so I just jumped on the bandwagon. Plus, I'm a noobie and I felt like Eloy was trying to confuse me. That's my reason.

1) I did'nt Voted Eloy, I just FoSed him (if you let re-kill the dictionary). You look hungry of lynch.
    2) First you said is a spam vote, then you said "I'm a noobie and I felt like Eloy was trying to confuse me. That's my reason". Was a spam or you have a reason? :huh:
    3) You accepted you "just jumped on the bandwagon". For me, you look hungry again...

Vote: Sledge

(I keep my FoS, on Heather because she have no explained her lack of participation...)

The best sign ever. Thank you Ratna
  • @Kaleg:

Yes.

@Sledge:

Show me where I voted Eloy, please!

Also zyxer noted the other two reasons I think you're not making much sense. (i.e. he didn't vote Eloy either, and you calling yours a spam vote, yet providing a valid reason for a serious one).

I can understand you "might" have confused the FoS for an actual vote (although it was explained what FoS meant in this very thread). However, I can neither understand where you got I voted Eloy nor how you spam voted him because he was trying to confuse you.

I usually try to give the new players a break (ask Eloy.) but I feel you're pushing your noobness too far.

vote: Sledge

Now pay attention and actually read the thread or eat the rope.
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• Sledge and Eloy have both done some questionable things ... I have to make this post quick because I'm on my lunch break. There's quite a bandwagon forming on Sledge at the moment, and I hesitate to vote without reading through his posts a few more times. It also makes a bit suspicious of the more experienced bandwagoners :P

For now:
    unvote Heather

(We appear to have moved out of the spam phase, and I know she's busy at work this time of year)
  • i just didn't know how the beginner games are formatted my bad

i don't think I'm going to vote for sledge one because he's new and two i would like to hear more from heather and jesse

then in the last few hours of the day i will place a actual vote

When I understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, in that moment, I also love him.
  • Vote Count 1.2:
    Sledge-3: Kaleg, Eloy, Zyxer (L-2).
    Eloy-1: Heather
    Baka-1: Jesse.
    Jesse-1: SoftPanda.

With 9 players alive, it take 5 for a lynch.

Day ends in

It's been 24 hours since Jesse's last post, I will send him a message. If he doesn't post soon, I'll start looking for a replacement.

Sig made by DrkAngel.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Monster ().