A Not So Happy Easter (Beginner's Game).

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

  • A Not So Happy Easter (Beginner's Game).

    Our story takes place at a lovely town called Easterville, located east of Eastville (thus the name). It was a nice beautiful morning, a good start for a day eagerly awaited by most of the town people. On the streets of Easterville, you could see all the decorated houses in preparation for the town's biggest event, the Easter Decorations (ED) competition.
    All seemed well but a faint girly scream heard in the horizon. The town people rushed to the town hall wherr the scream was heard, it was Lynard Grumpstine shaking, who was originally on his way there to file a complaint against his neighbours for decorating his garden when he refused to do it himself. Lying before him was the body of the town's infamous Easter Bunny, on the wall before him was written in blood "justice"...
    Father Macbeth started a little prayer over the body, meanwhile the town's people immediately started pointing fingers at each other...
    "I bet it was that Lynard, he was here first snd he always hated Easter" said Fred Goldman.
    "It's probably that back up Easter Bunny that did it, he wants to be the star" said Katie Lloyd.
    As Father Macbeth was finished with his prayer, he yelled as he was standing up "enough!" Then continued to say "this is exactly what's wrong here, Easter is all about forgiveness, not condemning one another but it seems you people have forgotten the true spirit of Easter"
    "What's going on here? Let us through" it was Conrad, the town Sheriff... "Don't worry people, I'll get to the bottom of this. In the meantime, everyone must go back to what they were doing, move it along..."


    Day one begins. Roles will be sent out shortly, I'm on my phone so it might take a while.


    Game rules:
    1. Don't post in my mod color
    2. No editing of posts, you can ask for bumps in the spam section.
    3. Try not to roleclaim, it really f up the game. :P
    4. Votes and unvotes must be bolded, you must unvote before voting. Same goes for extension requests.
    5. Absolutely no PM'ing of each other.
    6. Have fun!
    I've been told this is the golden rule, but I prefer winning. :P


    day phase will last 72 hours and night phase for 24h.


    Can anyone PM me the link to that online timer thing? Thanks.


    Players list:
    1. Zyxer
    2. Kaleg Nar
    3. Bkakadassa
    4. SofPanda
    5. Eloy
    6. PrEDITOR
    7. Sledge
    8. Jesse
    9. Heather


    Roles were randomised using a web randomizer.


    Sig made by DrkAngel.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Monster ().

  • LM, here's the timer link. By opening this link you consent to give me doublevoting power. :P

    Also, LM, you may need to extend the day possibly. It's so early we don't yet know whether or not that time will be just or not, but it's Easter in the USA so don't expect a lot of activity until tomorrow.


    Now, on to the game.

    VOTE: SLEDGE

    He is The Unrepentant and if anyone's going to forget the meaning of Easter, it would be him.


    Some tips to the noobies

    1: You will be accused. You will be voted. You will be argued with. That's what happens in a mafia game, so when it does, keep calm and try to reason back. If someone votes you, explain why it's a bad vote.
    2: As said, reasoning is essential. Try to give us something to read. A post with three sentences isn't all that helpful to understand your thoughts or why you're doing something. Paragraphs are better than sentences.
    3: Always explain why you're doing something. If you vote someone, explain why, even if it's just a "I agree with X's reasoning."
    4: Arguing is part of mafia, try to make sure it doesn't get personal. Attack the argument, not the person.
    5: I know LM posted it in the rules, but it is very important that you do not edit posts.
    6: Remain active. Mafia is only fun when you're active. Even if you're not sure what to say, try putting out what confuses you or what you'd like to know in order to say something.
    I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, but that looks good.


    Heather wrote:

    But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

    HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

    But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • Vote: bakakadassa

    He's trying to confuse us when he voted for LM.

    Btw: What's the meaning of FoS?

    The best sign ever. Thank you Ratna

    The post was edited 1 time, last by zyxer: Typo... Hope that's not agaist the rule, is it? ().

  • Right now we're in the spam phase. What that means is a lot of randomness. Eventually thus translates into real discussion. That is usually done by pointing actual suspicions at things from the spam phase.

    For example, if you hadn't explained yourself already and had just asked for the vote taken off someone could accuse you of being overly defensive and maybe having something to hide. Then someone else agrees or disagrees. You say somethinh amd serious discussion is reached.

    So a key thing is to accuse people. It's the name of the game.

    As for the last post, FoS means "Finger of Suspicion." It's used to point a strong accusation pre-vote.


    Heather wrote:

    But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

    HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

    But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • LM would still prefer a newbie to take the spot but if you can't find one I'll still take the role. In till I hear back I'll still play like I normally would

    <vote Baka> because it reminds me of shakira's waka waka


    What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • I just forgot to explain me, so, I am not the guilty, only a noob.

    I FoS you becouse you give the explain of the spam phase when I voted for bakakadassa, so, maybe you both are the mafiosos and you were defending him.


    Now, because of your reactivity:

    Unvote: bakakadassa
    Vote: Kaleg

    The best sign ever. Thank you Ratna
  • Wait, so your vote on Baka was serious and not part of the spam phase? Here I was thinking you were partaking in the spam phase.

    BTW, you sniped me so even I'd even written that post without previewing and didn't see your post, not that it even could defend Baka.

    Though what about my reaction made you think this way? You're making an accusation and I feel I may as well show the flflaws in it.


    Heather wrote:

    But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

    HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

    But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • vote zyxer
    because i can


    i also want to tell you zyxer ik you haven't but don't bring up mafia to me when you talk to me in ikariam just a friendly reminder


    When I understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, in that moment, I also love him.
  • Ok, Eloy. [BTW, I like like your avatar]

    @Kaleg: My acusation to bakakadassa was a joke, but I though you were defending him... and after all...Do I look like someone who knows what is doing?

    But your argument is good and now I that you mention it, the time of your post an mine was too close, so I guess it was not a defending him.

    Unvote: Kaleg

    But...

    Vote: bakakadassa

    Because I can't type his name and I need to copy it.

    The best sign ever. Thank you Ratna
  • Little Mobster wrote:

    I've been told this is the golden rule, but I prefer winning.


    Haha, I like it LM :D

    @Zyxer, not that i'm a pro at this or anything of the sort. It's D1, just be careful on your accusations as we progress. Is English a second language for you? Curious is all.


    @Jesse, I'm going to put everything in my power to ensure you don't leave this game. You're one of the only people here I think I've played with. That being said,

    Vote: Jesse
    You're not going anywhere Jesse.

    @Baka, i'm going to call you Baka if you don't mind. I don't think I can handle checking the spelling on your name everytime i'd like to mention your name.



    So without further ado, on a curiousity level, what is everybody's experience level here? I know I've played a beginner's game and at least one or two intermediate game's, and I've hosted a beginner's game with I believe Jesse (though possibly AJ). I've been both mafia and town before. I'm a noob but yet i'm not a noob, so don't allow me to play the noob card this game. Thanks.
    LegendaryKiller

  • Yes, secound language (I just can imagine all the weird things I am saying).

    My experiance is: fisrt game.

    unvote: bakawhateverhisnameis
    vote: zyxer


    Because if Eloy can, I can.

    The best sign ever. Thank you Ratna

    The post was edited 1 time, last by zyxer ().