One Long Night

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Well I realize that we are still in spam phase – or I guess the people who haven’t posted yet are?
    But when it comes to an only day-phase game - this is my first.
    I’m a bit wary that there doesn’t seem to be a time limit on the day phases – since it would be based on ending with a lynch. On the pro-side (unless I end up being wrong with the no time limit) it means that we don’t have to ask for any extensions. On the other hand (as Zullu touched on above), it would also mean that town would need to come together in a timely manner and (hopefully) make up their minds.

Of course Reila might actually have something up his sleeve that I don’t know about either. Also, looking forward to whatever story he cooks up for this game. :P

Thanks to Svana for the sig
  • Unvote

@Zulu The idea of just letting mafia to clear up some slots for us by no lynching and we will lynch the scums later on don't end well usually.I find the amount of no lynches in recent games very unsettling and I'm really thankful to Reila for making such a setup to end it.

@SoftPanda A little to much question ? what about line ups matter now?

Sig by Kaleg Nar
  • Bam, good to see you again.

Zullu, you know I love that little ragamuffin of a bear even though it's been known to kill before.
    "Squints at the memory of old times."

Zullu wrote:

Who knows, guess we will find out :P Could be just send in actions prior to a lynch or lose it? Could be all day activities as well. I think the harder part is going to be getting people to vote for lynch honestly. We struggle with that enough in a lot of games, especially early on. But now it seems we will have to otherwise we will be stuck in day one for a long long time lol.

That sounds like a Zullu townie post to me.

Backspace wrote:

So we have to Lynch someone. This will be interesting. I would see if there are pro town day time rolls?
    Trying to sound Vanilla?

Don't go trying to figure them out until they try to show themselves, the bad guys need to fear them, out them and then take them out.

Unvote

Vote Backspace

• unvote Xerxes

@maya: This is also my first day phase-only game. While we probably have some room for error with 16 players, I'm guessing if we don't take out bad guys in the first few lynches, we're going to have some real drawn out days on our hands :mellow:
  • Tbh I do like that we need to have a lynch, I don’t like the idea that we have to set our own paces :P. Its definitely going to be an interesting type of game to play experience-wise.

I was also hoping that Reila might pop up with more info… or at least with the story he promised. Since I was hoping for more new things to talk about. Maybe he will when I get back later on today. As I’m just checking in before heading out…

I think as of now – unless Im missing anyone.. the only ones who haven’t checked into the thread are usman and Heather.

Thanks to Svana for the sig
  • @Frozen Angel
    I don't see anything wrong with questioning a game style that I haven't seen before, especially if I don't know if others have been apart of similar situations.

Why would not looking for answers not be important in any part of the game, even in parts of the game where none are hardly provided? With that logic, we may never get out of spam phase.
    LegendaryKiller

• unvote Baka

I didn't want this first one to be taken serious :)

It will be a little tough to get this lynch, but it appears it has to happen to move forward.

I thought about picking a random number between 1-16, but without any reasons to vote someone we are really no better off on D2 so we will have to do this the hard way.

Backspace wrote:

So we have to Lynch someone. This will be interesting. I would see if there are pro town day time rolls?
    The most serious vote I see is MaulICE voting Backspace for fishing town power rolls (roles). I know Reila is a good guy, and if he is serving snacks, I must have missed out.

*Wonders if a power roll is like a power bar. Is there granola in it? Is it gluten free? Are raisins in it? Oh, the possibilities!*
  • SoftPanda wrote:

@Frozen Angel
    I don't see anything wrong with questioning a game style that I haven't seen before, especially if I don't know if others have been apart of similar situations.

Why would not looking for answers not be important in any part of the game, even in parts of the game where none are hardly provided? With that logic, we may never get out of spam phase.

1 - questioning about setup is not scum haunting.
    2 - I can't see why looking for the night action resolution may help the game state to move out of RVS and help the game progress beside the fact some people who might know details about it and slip out the fact their TPR.

so the fact your trying to show that was something important is sending me weird scummy vibes. Are you TPR haunting?

Sig by Kaleg Nar
  • Checking in.

I've never played in a game with no night phase before, so I have no idea what to expect. @Eloy - if Reila was going to lynch the person with the most votes after 3 days, he'd have said so in his opening post. What he DID say was that day would continue until we lynch someone, so given that's what he told us it seems odd that you're trying to guess other options that he didn't say.

Semi-spam vote on Eloy for being a bit fishy.

vote: Eloy
  • Thank you Xerxes for reading my post, It is a serious vote, I want Backspace to comment on it. the only thing we need to know is that the town has to unite. Full stop, lets get a lynch and lose any other frame of mind. Good or bad we will learn from it.

Vote stays on Backspace

• MaulICE wrote:

Thank you Xerxes for reading my post, It is a serious vote, I want Backspace to comment on it. the only thing we need to know is that the town has to unite. Full stop, lets get a lynch and lose any other frame of mind. Good or bad we will learn from it.

Vote stays on Backspace

MaulICE wrote:

Thank you Xerxes for reading my post, It is a serious vote, I want Backspace to comment on it. the only thing we need to know is that the town has to unite. Full stop, lets get a lynch and lose any other frame of mind. Good or bad we will learn from it.

Vote stays on Backspace

Perhaps it was worded poorly. I should have said perhaps we should wait and see if there are PR. As in, let's not Lynch immediately BC the PR may not have checked in and used their roles. I don't want to know who has the rolls, but if there's some day time actions let's let them be used. And who knows, maybe if one is used we will get more info as to if there are day time actions.

Also, unvote LM as it was a spam vote
    You know what's really great about being a narcissist? Me.

Wars won against: BTF, 101st, UN, UNR, BLOOD, VOZER, CELTS, -VIE-(Pi), -VnA-, UbNi, -NL-, REAL, BILL, UNREAL, PIMP, MTO, FUZZ, PIMPx2, Wolf, G-BRO, A-O, PIMPx3, FUZZx2, AOK, WarCry, -VIE-(Sigma), Pinas, -SPA-, FED, -HoH-, FILO, -SA-, TNT, DrInK, TRN, B S(omi), Honor
  • No Baka, I thought it was customary for me to try and wrap a rope around you neck every mafia game. :P

Unvote.

Vote Frozen Angel.

Her recent post looks so weird and out of place, to the extent that I found it scummy. What do you mean by what's the rush? Do you have something else in mind?

Sig made by DrkAngel.
  • Eloy wrote:

Reila could after the normal 3 days he could say the person with the most votes gets lynched

I would say this will not happen due to having re-read over the original post

Reila wrote:

A lynch must be achieved in order to move on to the next day phase. The pace of the game is left up to you, then. A simple majority must be reached in order to achieve a lynch.

Notice the last sentence...majority must be reached. So we will have to come together and vote someone off.

While I get some are quick to toss their vote out, hey it is what townies do and since we are not anywhere close to 9 votes needed I am going to hold off on voting for a bit and see how things develop. Right now no one is really sticking out
    R.I.P Carrie

Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • What was weird and misplaced?

SoftPanda wasn't asking about setup in page 1?

MaulICE wrote:

Vote stays on Backspace

and Maul didn't ask to rush day in this post in page 2?

I think I made it clear what are bugging me. what is bugging you about these stuff bugging me?

Sig by Kaleg Nar