One Long Night

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Unvote Backspace

Vote Frozen Angel

Perhaps this is one of the reasons I was brought back, to throw some fire around and stir things up.

Frozen Angel wrote:

Woah!

Full stop?! Get a lynch?!

Guy we are just getting started...

Whats the rush?!

Taking my words out of context, to try and make me look like I'm pushing for a fast lynch rather than as I said we have to aim for a lynch. I don't like "out of context" quotes full stop.

Now why would you do that?

@ Backspace, poor wording is almost as bad as out of context wording. Trying to look scummy versus actually being scummy isn't far apart, both gain votes for good reasons. FOS still

• First off...

unvote

I also found it a bit odd when Backspace mentioned PRs so soon, but with is recent comment, I see what he meant now. For now, I am still going to keep an eye on him.

I also agree with LM about FA. She is usually the one of the first ones getting us out of the spam stage. Now she wanting to slow down and not rush to get a lynch. It doesn't seem like her. For now though, I am just going to keep an eye on her.

Was hoping to see the story posted though :(
  • do you think the inactives should be shorted out 0
      5 - I love this idea! (0) 0%
      4 - I really like this idea (0) 0%
      3 - I like this idea (0) 0%
      2 - I dislike this idea (0) 0%
      1 - I really dislike this idea (0) 0%
      0 - I hate this idea (0) 0%
    @Maul It's also hard to type on a phone, was an honest mistake and even asked for a bump so I could correct it but was not able to as I was not at home and didn't have the time to do so. You, on the other hand, seem very quick to throw your votes around. Also, I don't know what FOS means...
    You know what's really great about being a narcissist? Me.

Wars won against: BTF, 101st, UN, UNR, BLOOD, VOZER, CELTS, -VIE-(Pi), -VnA-, UbNi, -NL-, REAL, BILL, UNREAL, PIMP, MTO, FUZZ, PIMPx2, Wolf, G-BRO, A-O, PIMPx3, FUZZx2, AOK, WarCry, -VIE-(Sigma), Pinas, -SPA-, FED, -HoH-, FILO, -SA-, TNT, DrInK, TRN, B S(omi), Honor
  • :|

MaulICE wrote:

Thank you Xerxes for reading my post, It is a serious vote, I want Backspace to comment on it. the only thing we need to know is that the town has to unite. Full stop, lets get a lynch and lose any other frame of mind. Good or bad we will learn from it.

Vote stays on Backspace

Out of Context?! This is a post full of : " lets just end the day "

oh is that the fact my english sucks?

thats all I can get from this post.

what do you have against Backspace which was this solid to propose this in page 2?

pedit : I do want to push the game out of RVS. I never push a lynch in page 2. What will you learn about the players if you end the day without discussing anything and just lynch people?

I mean omg! I hate no lynching but "lets just lynch people so we have info to talk about" sucks way more!

Sig by Kaleg Nar
  • FoS(finger of supposition) it means u look a little anti town

you can also say HoS (hand of supposition)

@heather/zullu, it was more of asking if that could be the case, not saying maybe that what she meant but now that i think about it i wouldn't like that.

note to self: *maybe i shouldn't say stuff with out completely thinking it through thats what got me killed last game*

fast lynch bad

When I understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, in that moment, I also love him.
  • I think we are naturally progressing out of spam phase, and fairly quickly at that.

The different personalities are already starting to surface, but I am also not going to hurry my vote.

Ironically, I remember Backspace drawing a lot of attention with his argument against the D1 lynch, and this game we have no choice.

If I am guessing right, things will happen as time passes in the day phase, and we may find some direction to head from there.
  • MaulICE wrote:

Taking my words out of context, to try and make me look like I'm pushing for a fast lynch rather than as I said we have to aim for a lynch. I don't like "out of context" quotes full stop.

This is kind of how I took Maul's post, FA ... not that he necessarily wanted a fast lynch, but that we should continue forward with a lynch at the forefront - which I agree with.
  • The name is kinda ironic considering there's no night phase.

Wars won against: BTF, 101st, UN, UNR, BLOOD, VOZER, CELTS, -VIE-(Pi), -VnA-, UbNi, -NL-, REAL, BILL, UNREAL, PIMP, MTO, FUZZ, PIMPx2, Wolf, G-BRO, A-O, PIMPx3, FUZZx2, AOK, WarCry, -VIE-(Sigma), Pinas, -SPA-, FED, -HoH-, FILO, -SA-, TNT, DrInK, TRN, B S(omi), Honor
  • prEDITOR wrote:

Quoted from "MaulICE"

This is kind of how I took Maul's post, FA ... not that he necessarily wanted a fast lynch, but that we should continue forward with a lynch at the forefront - which I agree with.
    Exactly right.

Backspace wrote:

The name is kinda ironic considering there's no night phase.
    Why the need for the spam? Still trying to hide in the smoke?

Frozen Angel wrote:

what do you have against Backspace which was this solid to propose this in page 2?

pedit : I do want to push the game out of RVS. I never push a lynch in page 2. What will you learn about the players if you end the day without discussing anything and just lynch people?

I mean omg! I hate no lynching but "lets just lynch people so we have info to talk about" sucks way more!
    I have nothing against anyone, so far, I'm pushing to see what people do.

It's not page 2 anymore and where did I say no mor3e discussion needed?

And talk we are, my Backspace vote was post 24, this is post 50. It has inspired some conversation or don't you agree with exiting spam time so quickly?

• MaulICE wrote:

Why the need for the spam? Still trying to hide in the smoke?

Lol, someone needs to chill out and stop taking things so seriously. It was no spam, we don't even have a story yet, I'm interested to see why the name of this game is one long night when there's no night phases. Often story and name of games hints to things in the game.

• day and night phases are just terminology there just times that players can and cant post

the day phases can take place at night

thats how i took it

When I understand my enemy well enough to defeat him, in that moment, I also love him.
  • Thanks, I guess I didn't look think of it that way.

• Frozen Angel wrote:

whats the point in setup spec

So you don't see any value in trying to figure out the games setup?

• FA's post said there was no point, specifically at this point If you unpack that FA is saying there is no point in trying to understand the setup specifics ever...

Frozen Angel wrote:

whats the point in setup spec, specially at this stage?

• I see no value in guessing , crumbing and giving any data to scums about it at this stage of game. If player X has a role he knows what is that and how that works. If not he has the ability and every right to ask mod.

So whats the gain of this intell in your eyes? So you know what are you dealing with ?

Let me talk about it in another aspect. we are playing a game where we need to find multiple special people. why we don't just lynch them? Because we don't know them and we have limited tools to get actual info to do that. So what should we do? Just lynch people to see if their green or red? Nope. we do scum haunt.

So whatever is not scum haunting is absoloutly useless and in this case obviously hurtful to town as it gives scum data to process.

Sig by Kaleg Nar
  • DrkAngel wrote:

I also agree with LM about FA. She is usually the one of the first ones getting us out of the spam stage. Now she wanting to slow down and not rush to get a lynch. It doesn't seem like her. For now though, I am just going to keep an eye on her.

Backspace wrote:

Also, I don't know what FOS means...

Honestly this is a different style of game that we have not see before. So I do not see why people are harping on her for saying let us not rush. We have time in this game, townies are going to dictate how long the days are. The longer the day the better the odds for townies getting more clues and more reads. Short fast days are a tool of anti townies.

Eloy wrote:

@heather/zullu, it was more of asking if that could be the case, not saying maybe that what she meant but now that i think about it i wouldn't like that.

No worries, I had to go back and re-read the post myself to see if it was mentioned. It is good to toss out ideas as well as going back and re-read mod posts to so you made me do that again so it had it's merit.

Backspace wrote:

So you don't see any value in trying to figure out the games setup?

I would say personally this early in a game trying to figure out a setup with no real info in the form of a story/mod post is just going to cause confusion. Does that mean we should not discuss possible options...no. But putting a lot of weight on something that is completely random at this point is kind of moot. For me it is more how people suggest things, how they back their ideas up and how others respond that is more interesting to me.
    R.I.P Carrie

Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope