One Long Night

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Heather wrote:

To all - the case on Maul is almost as bad as the case on Hans. While you were lucky once, I doubt you'll be lucky a second time. Hans read null to me, so I wasn't invested beyond pointing out how bad the case was against him. But Maul reads very town to me. I think you're making a big mistake.

I get that, but what do we do? We have to lynch and can you really say up to this point we have had a solid lead on anything? No, we have to vote and someone in the top of my list was getting votes and I voted to get the day going to get some results. It is tough, if we don't vote the day just goes on and on and never ends and people get bored and stop caring/posting. If we push for a lynch even if not a sure thing we get accused of just tossing votes out.

bakakadassa wrote:

@Zullu:

You're still in this game?? I almost forgot you were there!! :P

I have at least posted each day, should pick up a bit now that work is over for a week.

While I don't think usman is what Heather believes him to be, honestly this is just as bad of a case against anyone as it was against Hans....odd how it seems to be ok for you to do this and then you call others out for it, but if this is what people believe is the best use of the day lynch then I will support that to get the day moving to day 3.

unvote: Maul

vote: usman
    R.I.P Carrie

Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • SoftPanda wrote:

@Baka, since Heather loves to think I'm scum while providing me nothing, what has it been that draws at least some attention towards me from you or others?

Erm reactions like this, perhaps?? I mean, you were 3rd on my list, and BS leaped all the way to 2nd suspect slot so you became 4th in line, yet you still worry??!!

Another thing -from this very post I'm responding to- is your stance re usman. You stated a "theory" that should paint him in red in your mind, but you refuse to commit to it and say "Other than this theory though, I don't find you all that scummy,". This is called fence sitting. I don't even "know" how usman will flip and I'm telling you I could find scum motivation in your stated stance no matter how he flips!! Is he your partner and you're trying to make it harder for us to lynch him, while maintaining one narrative that says you scum read him and genuinely so?? Or is he town and you know it so you're trying to stay off the wagon so as not to get the heat for it???

I try not to just look at what people say, but also what they do, and even what possible motives they might have done it for. You're saying two contradicting things, doing nothing and I'd be forced to look your way next no matter what.

Maul has just been downgraded to 4th suspect (i.e. unlikely to be voted by me tomorrow as well).
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• Apparently there is more of a consensus on usman. This bothers me a bit. I also had my suspicions about him D1, but mostly for inactivity. If people are compromising and voting him I wonder if he is just an acceptable loss for both sides. We apparently had reached an impasse on Maul, so the tides began to turn. What if the mafia took a hard line against voting him because they are already behind the eight ball with the numbers? It's been stated earlier that we needed to get this vote done and move on. Why exactly? Nobody gets a break, and nobody gets a rest because there is no night phase.

The time between D2, and D3 will probably not be healthy for the town, at least for the numbers game. There may be some PRs that gain something, but we probably lose someone to balance that out. Anyone who is in a hurry gets my attention. If you think about it, the game continues on whether wearing the tag D1, or D9, and we have to think outside the box here. I have no problem taking the time to do this right. If everyone thinks we need to get this day over, I will help out with my vote. Something just feels a little funky.

@ SP, you did change the way things were going.

@ Maul, Sorry, I don't buy the whole "I will act scummy to attract scum" excuse. Acting scummy attracts townies , and scum just blends in. I am going to see what I must have missed, since you are falling off the group radar in a hurry.
  • bakakadassa wrote:

Erm reactions like this, perhaps?? I mean, you were 3rd on my list, and BS leaped all the way to 2nd suspect slot so you became 4th in line, yet you still worry??!!

haha. Baka. Just because i'm wondering does not mean i'm worried. They're both w words sure, but that's about all they have in common. I'll always openly ask that question even if it's on the slight scum reads (when no explanation is provided). You really only seemed to question me when Heather brought me up, and you're not even sure what she's trying to reference. So yes, I do find interest in your interest in me.

For those who played the last game with me, I compare usman with zyxer in a sense it's hard to get accurate reads on him, in my mind, large part due to the fact of where enlgish stands in terms of languages of the speaker. So yes, literally, my theory in large part is what I have on usman. That is it.

@Baka I don't see how jumping somewhere to simply "join the cause" when really I have one small hunch on him will do any good. Sure, when push comes to shove, i'll place my vote on him to get the day ended, but i'm not doing it before then. People like to clam about Han's case, I find this case worse than Hans. I can see how others might disagree with that, however, I do not see how others would find a huge discrepancy between the two.

Bottom line: I don't believe in this vote based on one possible theory, that holds literally a simple hunch based off the mod. That is not enough.

@Xerxes, I don't know if it was me per say. It seems that Bam likes to do things on his own terms for one.

@Baka. I forgot to bring this up earlier, but here is my problem with BS being scum. Hans, before his death, was still trying to get a lynch going on BS. sure it could've been a distancing tactic, but if Hans was not going to get lynched, BS would've been the next go around. Either way, mafia loses a member. I'm not going to get on BS' poor play right now considering what Maul has done all game long. I will say I don't think either of them are helping the game (if they are town). If they're scum, they hopefully have other agendas in mind.
    LegendaryKiller

• usman wrote:

@ also i would request the Mod to perhaps consider setting up a time limit to day phases, so as to get the game moving, at the current rate the game is going nowhere.

I understand why the request is made and I have also received the suggestion from an advisor on this game. I see a lot of votes being thrown around right now, but I can enact a deadline if that slows down. Please bold @Reila with whether you would like a deadline and whatever changes that may bring. I am reasonable, and would like to satisfy the majority. But I am wary of pleasing the vocal minority.

Vote Count
    (5) usman - Little Mobster, prEDITOR, bakakadassa, Heather, Zullu
    SoftPanda - maya
    MaulICE - Xerxes III
    Heather - Backspace

I went through the votes three times, so I hope the above is accurate.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Reila ().

• Xerxes III wrote:

If people are compromising and voting him

Honestly, at this point I am just for getting a lynch so we can hopefully get some clues or try to get something. And if he is going to be inactive he is only going to be hurting the town so I am ok with changing votes to him.

But like you I do find it odd that things turned out how they did at the moment.
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • @ Reila – I would prefer a time limit. There are some days when town gets a lead and goes with it.. and days are short. And there are days when town take a long time to make up their minds. Those are the problematic days.

I personally don’t like seeing a day end up taking a week to complete.

Atm I don’t mind voting for usman as he is someone I held suspicion for, and at times confusion. As I have mentioned him prior as having confusing posts (misplaced names, contradictions). These have been brought up by me and others multiple times. Can I say that he is actually scum? And not someone who just writes posts that at times leave you with more questions than answers. I can’t say. I haven’t played with him before. Maybe someone who has can let us know if this is how he is.

But to move the day forward and hopefully see what we are in for during the night.

I will Unvote: SP
    And Vote Usman

@Xerxes your above post is saying the time between day 2 and day 3 will probably not be healthy for the town. That a PR may gain, but what we may lose someone to balance that out… Can you elaborate in your thinking if you can on this? Oh and I know you don’t mind taking your time. But not everyone feels the same way :P depends on much longer you want to take things I think. But I feel the more days that pass, the more inactivity there might be by default. These are just my personal thoughts.

I know there was no night kill last time, which ran theories that there might be recruitment of the sort happening instead. Of course a kill could have been blocked. I am unsure myself.

So maybe this time around we will see if there is one or not.

Thanks to Svana for the sig
  • Zullu wrote:

While I don't think usman is what Heather believes him to be, honestly this is just as bad of a case against anyone as it was against Hans....odd how it seems to be ok for you to do this and then you call others out for it, but if this is what people believe is the best use of the day lynch then I will support that to get the day moving to day 3.

Zullu, I'm not quite sure why you're asking me as though I started the case against usman. I was 2nd to vote for him early in the day. I unvoted him to vote for SP after SP's dodgy post. When nobody else seemed to see what I saw (really, town players, check your role PM's - the thing I'm referencing looked to be a standard line Reila likely used in all town roles) I unvoted SP and re-voted usman, but only as 4th in line. So I've hardly been pushing for the usman lynch. And at least in Hans' case he was doing nothing more than being a bit generalist and unhelpful, whereas usman has not only contributed very little, but what he has contributed has been him insisting that there has to be a Jester in the game, plus a bunch of other PR's Someone going role fishing early on D2 does not have town's best interests at heart. Do I KNOW he's scum? Of course not. But I'm wondering why you're acting as though I'm the sole instrument of this lynch when quite clearly I'm not.
  • @maya, thank you.

It has been just over 5 days since the start of Phase 2. Only 2 players have under 5 posts for Phase 2. The median post count for this phase is 7.

Vote Count
    (6) usman - Little Mobster, prEDITOR, bakakadassa, Heather, Zullu, maya
    MaulICE - Xerxes III
    Heather - Backspace

With 13 players left, 7 votes are needed for a lynch.
  • @Reila - I'm really neither here nor there on having deadlines for the days. The day length hasn't been overly burdensome yet as far as I can see. If I had to pick one or the other, I'd say to keep the days without deadlines. But if the majority want a deadline I'm not fussed.
  • I guess you can call this an intent to hammer post.

I would like to hear from usman, but I have this feeling that he won't post anyways. I know my activity level isn't anywhere near some of the other players here, but I think even he falls below me, since he has been prodded by the mod a couple times now. I don't really think he is scum, but I don't really see him being all that helpful if he can't or won't post more. Even his last post he mentioned that he only skimmed the thread and well, that in itself is kinda scummy.

I would rather do this now, then wait later in the game when it could potentially hurt the town more that it would now. I'm sure most can remember the Cowboy Bebop game.

Anyways, according to his last post, I am assuming that he is home by now or close to it and will post something sometime soon. I hope anyways.

@Reila - Day 1 was probably the worst so far. But it looks like this day may not last as long, so I don't think that it would be needed if it continues on this trend. But if it doesn't, I think it might be needed.
  • maya wrote:

@Xerxes your above post is saying the time between day 2 and day 3 will probably not be healthy for the town. That a PR may gain, but what we may lose someone to balance that out… Can you elaborate in your thinking if you can on this? Oh and I know you don’t mind taking your time. But not everyone feels the same way :P depends on much longer you want to take things I think. But I feel the more days that pass, the more inactivity there might be by default. These are just my personal thoughts.

Maya, I don't know anything for sure about the transition from D2 to D3, but I can't help the foreboding feeling I have that our luck is not going to hold. 2 scum down to 1 town sounds good, but the game will advance with the day, and in the way of balance it can't be all for the best. Somehow the scum will make a move whether it is to recruit, poison, or kill, I have no idea.

On that note, I also said I would help move us forward with a vote. I would like to hear usman respond first before I hammer vote.

@ Reila, I think we can handle our own time line without any help
  • @to all those voting for me wow,
    I ask for time to write a detailed response and this is what i get lol.

go ahead lynch me if you like, maybe then the game will progress forward.

@Baka i have been skimmng, i have said this quite a few times, i have an 18 hour work day where ika boards are not allowed on work network, i often have to use my phone these are the reasons which limits my activity prettyy much, this was one of the main reasons i had quit ikariam in the first place. anyways not going to use this as a defense,

@heather nice ploy there btw, u have been on my watch list from the beginning, for one particular reason, you have been actively distracting discussions since the beginning, it came out as quite odd to me, calling out several players, Eloy, calling on backspace for the LA - lord Aragorn thing, calling out my game play setup theories is one thing but to then making it a reason for voting is quite odd, bear in mind you actively defended hans in # 214. also your discussions have been Everyone please notice how when heather put a vote on me very quicky when Baka voted on me. your game play has been very odd to say the least

@LM your 332 seems filled with convoluted arguments, please explain my questions? how a town player if voted of will not be a loss to the town? no matter how good the numbers seem, one lynch and maybe one or wo nightactions will suddenly change the game. why would any one wish for a player to be mod killed? odd choice of words the "mod will take care of him for me /us" . you mentioned SK/ vig role my argument about a miskill again apples as a mis lynch and perhaps misdirected night actions will quickly change the status of the game i will give you credit for at least looking back and bringing up my check in.

@preditor, i think i had explained about my vote on bam situation earlier, and how i had switched my vote from heather to BAM, i am plain bad at english, i often have to keep drafts and in between my work schedule i often post the drafts on the game. when i changed my vote i missed changing it properly - that being said i hadnt explained why i changed it and uptil this point i hadnt explained why i had been suspecting heather in the first place.

@ DRKA thank you for at least giving me opportunity to defend / explain. i still repeat what i have said several times- lynching inactives is never a good idea, it will give the town no clues and no benefit. about the skimming comment, i have already explained.

@reila

Vote: Heather

sig by Myself

Bekofskivitch wrote:

Thread summary: proposed future e-fight after e-threats over under-inflated e-price of e-rocks.

disclaimer: this post is solely my viewpoint and may not fully reflect the views of my alliance

Alpha Omega
  • Heather wrote:

Zullu, I'm not quite sure why you're asking me as though I started the case against usman. I was 2nd to vote for him early in the day.

I never said you started the case. So please do not put words into my actions. All I was trying to point out is how this is just Hans all over again. You stated your reason to vote for usman, that is it. Then others voted him for their own reasons. And all I was trying to point out is this is just a big shot in the dark the Hans was and you had been very against that. Yet now you don't seem against it very much.

So no you are not the sole reason for the number of votes on usman. So do not try to put something back on me that I never said in the first place.
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • This day phase is starting to get a little interesting again, I was asked a long time ago what I thought about Heather and replied that time would tell, I know she's clever enough not to vote for my trail if she is a bad guy, she is being quite strong (not heavily) in the Usman voting. Is she right or wrong, good or bad, I don't know yet but I don't think Usman is a bad guy but the day needs to move on.

Do we have a poisoner, do we have a cult, guess we get some more answers after this.

Sorry Usman

Vote Usman

I know, second hammer, here comes the lynchers :P someone has to do it though.

• maul this is the 2nd time you have cast a hammer vote,

alas time will tell, my biggest Scum suspects at the moment are heather, Maul, LM, and Bam.

lets see how the town plays :(

sig by Myself

Bekofskivitch wrote:

Thread summary: proposed future e-fight after e-threats over under-inflated e-price of e-rocks.

disclaimer: this post is solely my viewpoint and may not fully reflect the views of my alliance

Alpha Omega
  • Vote Count
    (7) usman - Little Mobster, prEDITOR, bakakadassa, Heather, Zullu, maya, MaulICE
    (2) Heather - Backspace, usman
    MaulICE - Xerxes III

Lynch is achieved.

The townsfolk took another vote, and they had come to a consensus: usman had to go next. It was just over an hour ago that the town had been forced to get rid of Hans, and it proved to be a good decision. Would the town's good luck continue, or would they be one step closer towards falling into Mortem's hands? usman was lynched, and his identity quickly discovered.
    usman had not betrayed Nox. He was a regular townie.

As the townspeople slowly wandered back towards the square, many feeling dejected at the loss of an ally, a body was found. Dead. It was MaulICE, who was soon found to be another loyal townie. They must have been killed in the confusion shortly after usman's lynching.

The remaining 11 citizens of Nox gathered once more in the dark of night to plan their next move. The night wears on.

6 votes for a lynch.

Players:
    Backspace
    bakakadassa
    bamcbix
    Drk Angel
    Eloy - Anti-town
    Frozen Angel - Townie
    HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU - Anti-town
    Heather
    Little Mobster
    MaulICE - Townie
    maya
    prEDITOR
    SoftPanda
    usman - Townie
    Xerxes III
    Zullu
  • Well this is day 3, and we do have a little more info. One thing that I noticed is if you take the voters of usman, and throw in the potential hammer voters (me, Drk, and SP), there are only two players left. Bamcbix, and Backspace. Pulling that many votes is pretty impressive.

Since my other two suspects from D1 are dead, I can start with a clean slate. I have some analyzing to do, but I have to change my focus.

I do have some appointments to keep however, and will return in a few hours.
  • Maul was an interesting choice for night kill. A lot of people were pointing fingers at him, so I would have thought scum would keep him as a good choice for lynching. That tells me that they considered Maul dangerous. I may have to *gasp* actually go back and read over Maul's posts to see who his top suspects were.