New server... already

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• I will... Maybe is because I am new and I play on alpha, so, even when I think I am growing fast, I don't have a real chance on the scoreboard. But I'd like to test my self on a new server :D

The best sign ever. Thank you Ratna
    • zyxer wrote:

I will... Maybe is because I am new and I play on alpha, so, even when I think I am growing fast, I don't have a real chance on the scoreboard. But I'd like to test my self on a new server :D

Keep your Alpha - it is a server that did not give up on its activity.New servers die out fast, because its population mostly consists of people who play for a while then dispose their accounts.

On the other hand, it will surely be a great chance to you to gauge how much you have learned.So I wish you good luck. :)
    • Yeah, I'll keep my Alpha, I like how things are going there. I just wanna try exaclty what you said. Thanks for your wishes. :P

----
      Is anyone else going there?

The best sign ever. Thank you Ratna

The post was edited 1 time, last by zyxer ().

• Of course there is a new server! Everyone knows how much GF like to suck money out of the game so another new server and soon enough another merge and to follow a new server with yes you guessed it... another influx of ambro :thumbdown:

Avatar and sig by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
    • I think it would be good to make at least one server in each country without this piracy thing.. Really dont care if people use money on the game, that's their money, not mine.. I like the start phase though.. But piracy really tough part of the game :)
    • The thing is you have NO choice not to do it, you cant compete piracy winners against loosers, also if you add just a few ambrosia so the can trade the resources, so they can change to expensive upgrades and donate the rest.

I think its working very wierd also, its like a game inside a game..

This is why:

No matter where and how many piracy fortresses you have, you can only collect points 1 place at a time, and rob 1 at a time.
      You are not holding your points anywhere, they can steal EVERYTHING, anywhere, you cant transfer them around and protect them, they a fictive inside the game.. Its a number that can be there or not, just depends on the ongoing raid, are they higher that your crew number, or not. Woops, all points gone, dead, out of contest..

But when this "game" is going on, the whole other Ikariam game, are not having ANY effect on piracy, crew, points, anything.
      You can move a town physically, to get closer, and the price is resources.. So what are the point if you cant effect the piracy part with your army, gold and alliance? It's you, and you alone with the piracy points, maybe you are getting fed by alliance members and multis, but it is SO much a solo game that can effect the original game of ikariam SO much because of the big prices, and this just makes SUCH A BIG gab between players not using ambo and playing piracy vs those who does, so new players get butts kicked in 2.0 seconds and gets the whole "this is not a funny game"..

I think Piracy servers should be an option so they still can make money with it, but people should be able to play without it..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bukdahl ().

• Solution could be just not playing piracy - destroy your fortresses and live happy. :)

However, if you wish to become competitive player and reach a top in highscore - piracy is quite useful. I'm quite lazy today but a friend of mine made some calculations which showed - active pillager / fighter can gain even more resources than TOP 1 pirate.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • Draxo is on the spot.If you are active enough and pillaging hard all the time (like I do sometimes), then you can stay competitive to piracy winners.

I would disagree with Draxo on one thing tho; no need to demolish fortresses.Let them stay.You get your master builder score up a bit and since no other building can take that spot, then build up the fortresses.Do it as the last thing on your list, just for the score.Chance that someone will trigger your military adviser just because they 'detected' a fortress is low; pirates usually hunt those they screen once in the ranking.
    • Yeah, for building / building levels score fortress is fine (taking in the account this spot can't be used for another building). I just mentioned destroying it since I know some folks who hate piracy so much that don't want the smallest relation to it and have some trouble when seeing it in the town. :)
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein
    • I quit because of piracy, still hate it to this day. But after getting merged to an older server, my rational part of my mind tells me that forget competition, so piracy no longer bothers me, infact I don't even think about it unless someone brings the topic up.

Fortress looks good, and I would love to have it, but having a red military advisor and finding out it's because of piracy is not on my list of things I enjoy.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Crosswind ().