Unthemed Mafia (Intermediate) Game Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• MaulICE wrote:

Kaleg, thanks for saving me. I might not have had the right reason but at least my vote change worked for the towns benefit.

You're welcome. That'll be $400,000.

By the way, with SoftPanda, it does demonstrate to me why I need to reread since the part of me thinking he jumped the BW was remembering FA voting first followed by him, not the other way around.

I will say I'm glad I was able to not get lynched without the hard RC. I kept thinking "This would be so much easier if I just RCed, but nah." :P (Though I did do a really soft RC in 167 with "If I'm lynched, it will be a myslynch and FA will most certainly be dead in the morning.")

@Zullu (if you're still reading this), on D1 I did consider responding to you post 14's "Kaleg then comes in with a really long spam post, good for a chuckle indeed but at the end of the day all fluff and no fill." with a defense on why it was all spam and no fill (first day being hard to discuss seriously that early) but as you all know, declined against it. Had I done that, would you have been on me like you were on Heather? [My main reason against was basically figuring it'd be bad to reply to it then as opposed to leaving it be, but reply to it later if it was forced on me.]

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • I'd like to commend Kaleg for sticking it through without the hard RC. It did help make the game more enjoyable.

I'll also say that even after victory, the town did not deserve to have that last lynch. Providing an un-biased prospective and where the game was headed, I probably would've have never given that extension if I was modding (Maybe i'm a jerk mod?).

And yes, Baka revealed that he basically ousted me as VT in the other thread. It was only about a 20 minute window before I had noticed and Baka fixed it fairly swiftly. I did see FA online at the time and looking in the Mafia section as well as hidden guests. So while I didn't want to explain the situation afterwards in a possible attempt to take away from the game, I did find it fair game enough to at least see if FA had noticed what had happened.

Overall, I have mixed feelings regarding the play of the game, but that pertains more to how certain players played (or didn't play) than any modding.

I will say this is the first game where I didn't want to strangle Bam from the opening tip off to the closing seconds of the game. So cheers to that! :beer:
    LegendaryKiller

• Turkeh wrote:

4. Probably in the minority but I don't like the countdown timers, or if we use 'em prefer the time remaining as of the post alongside it. A lot of people check from their phones and it's hard enough to navigate in the threads, following links to third party places can be frustrating.

I tried to avoid time zone conversion, as I'm @ GMT +2 (7 hours ahead of EST currently??). I don't know who activated day saving (summer timing) and who didn't, so I went for something that would not confuse anyone. (When I say Sunday evening it might actually be Monday morning to me). However, noted and I will try to figure it out using a google timezone conversion tool.
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• I probably would have played it out another way, suggesting everyone would claim their target on the first day for N1. Both Mafioso may (or may not) lie about it, granted, but then if 2 targeting the same person die it's as good as a cop-guilty. If 2 targeting 2 different people die one of the targets is scum for sure.

In fact, when I played that setup I suggested we group in duets targeting 5 people on N1, thus forcing scum not to activate their PGO. Of course scum could have claimed targeting their own partner along with someone else and then only the town player will die and it will create WIFOM, but IF that “targeted scum ever gets caught it will automatically out the “lying” scum as well.

Finally, the cop would have never had to claim unless they already caught both scum. They would know if they ever flipped that the town will look at their targets AND their read list. If -say- Maul is leaning town after having announced you visited him, then if you flip the town will know you returned a “not guilty” on him, while if you heavily suspect Heather and keep pushing after visiting her they will assume you did get a guilty on her.

That was a game where I got the reputation of “Almost (my username @ MS) will always over-analyze and try to break the setup if there's a chance to it”.

• bakakadassa wrote:

I tried to avoid time zone conversion, as I'm @ GMT +2 (7 hours ahead of EST currently??). I don't know who activated day saving (summer timing) and who didn't, so I went for something that would not confuse anyone. (When I say Sunday evening it might actually be Monday morning to me). However, noted and I will try to figure it out using a google timezone conversion tool.
    No need. Scroll to the bottom of your page and use the clock on the boards - it's the same for everyone (or use in game time).

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
    :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
  • I'm glad I got to play mafia! Sorry for vanishing near the end, my computer went to the hospital and my work got busy (how dare they give me things to do!), so I faded out. Overall, I'm really glad I played - I learned a lot. Thanks everyone!
  • What the heck Turkeh, night one?! I thought you liked it when I come around a visit- now your just trying to kill me off :P

Also props to Kaleg, when I was loosely following what was happening I didn't think you had much of a chance at L-1 or however close it got

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jesse ().

• bakakadassa wrote:

You mean the one underlined in red here??
    Oops forgot Board time was local time - but even so; can use game time it's the same for everyone.

Jesse wrote:

What the heck Turkeh, night one?! I thought you liked it when I come around a visit- now your just trying to kill me off

Also props to Kaleg, when I was loosely following what was happening I didn't think you had much of a chance at L-1 or however close it got
    Consider it a compliment. We needed to off someone who might be a threat but couldn't really be traced back to us (i.e. Zullu or bam).

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
    :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
  • Amethyst wrote:

What about simply saying "closes at 2 pm eastern" (or whatever the admins local time is) and letting us all convert it? If the admin is feeling generous, they can list a few time zones to make it simpler.

That was my problem. My local time is GMT +2 and I wasn't sure if that meant EST +6 +7 or +8 currently. But I guess GMT will do, plus "the day ends 72 hours from now"