Unthemed Mafia (Intermediate) Game Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

  • Heather wrote:

    Ok, Zullu has grabbed my attention for trying to make a case out of the random spam votes. We do this in every game - first post is checking in and usually casting some sort of random vote, generally on someone who doesn't already have a vote on them. It's our standard ice-breaker. But Zullu thinks he can make a case out of it? My first little nugget of suspicion foes on Zullu for grasping at straws.


    Seems I might have struck a nerve here. So by trying to get things serious and analyzing posts I am the suspicious one. On top of that because I suspect you, you now suspect me? That to me is starting to sound an awful lot like OMGUS act.

    In fact, this is the type of response I was hoping to get out of someone but did not think it would be you. However I can not overlook such a slip up.

    <vote: Heather>
    R.I.P Carrie

    Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • Jesse, I look at it that in this case, 2 votes is 33% of what's needed. If you're doing a spam vote I don't see the need to do it. I'll grant you it's not a strong thing, but when we have nothing in the beginning, it's the strongest thing I can think of.

    With the Heather-Zullu thing I'm leaning more towards Zullu in this case. I do agree that it's good to start and getting serious discussion, but Heather's saving grace is how it's hard to get serious stuff from spam. So while my position is closer to Zullu, it's not terribly strong right now.

    @Baka, are you able to give exact hours too as opposed to a time in a timezone one might not be from?


    Heather wrote:

    But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

    HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

    But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • Yeah I think the argument is pretty thin in the case of both zullu/zulu/symbol and kaleg (or as I like to refer to him as underworld thug sympathizer). Do I think the argument is poor enough that I'd vote either of them for it - ehhhhhh probably not, however, lol, if one of them starts trying to get people to bandwagon behind either of those arguments I might take a harder look at one or both of them.

    Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
    :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
  • Kaleg Nar wrote:

    @Baka, are you able to give exact hours too as opposed to a time in a timezone one might not be from?


    Sure! A countdown link has been added. :thumbup:

    Zullu (0) :
    Maul (0) :
    Kaleg (2) : bam, Turkeh,
    Heather (2) : Panda, Zullu,
    bam (0) :
    Jesse (1) : Kaleg,
    Turkeh (1) : Jesse,
    SoftPanda (1) : Amethyst,
    Amethyst (0) :
    Xarius (1) : Heather,

    Not voting: Maul, Xarius,

    Day ends on Sunday at around noon Eastern time countdown

    P.S. Also if anyone can contact Maul/Xarius outside this board that would be much appreciated. They have both confirmed receiving their respective roles, but have not posted in this thread nor have picked up the prods I sent them some 7 hours ago.
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by bakakadassa ().

  • Ever so sorry, non-stop work has kept me busy and totally flumped.

    Vote Jesse

    So long since I had the chance to do that, and as everyone knows that in this game, things have to be do done because they have to be done or they won't get done.

    @ Heather, Zullu is a townie, I know it because apparently it sprang to my head he has to be a townie and I even forgive your typos and double posting because I'm pretty positive you are a townie too.

    Vote Jesse, didn't I already say that? I think I did but, well, it won't hurt saying it twice. ;)

  • MaulICE wrote:

    @ Heather, Zullu is a townie, I know it because apparently it sprang to my head he has to be a townie and I even forgive your typos and double posting because I'm pretty positive you are a townie too.

    This really made me tilt my head. So your argument is Zullu is a townie because you know he is a townie even though you don't have any evidence to show he's a townie? That's a really bad argument. To be honest it made me think of you and Zullu possibly being an Underworld Thug team, though I feel you've got more experience than to do that poorly, which brings in the possible three scenarios.

    1: Maul and Zullu are the Underworld Thug team and Maul is defending a partner.
    2: Maul is an Underworld Thug buddying with Zullu and Heather who are townies.
    3: Maul is a townie that's made a really weird post.

    UNVOTE: JESSE
    VOTE: MAUL


    Heather wrote:

    But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

    HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

    But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • MaulICE wrote:

    @ Heather, Zullu is a townie, I know it because apparently it sprang to my head he has to be a townie and I even forgive your typos and double posting because I'm pretty positive you are a townie too.

    Only people that would know I am town day one would be anti townies. So please be careful making such a bold statement as saying I am a townie, especially on day one.

    Turkeh wrote:

    Yeah I think the argument is pretty thin in the case of both zullu/zulu/symbol
    I am going to assume there is some inside joke here I am missing cause I do not get the multi names directed at me. :P
    R.I.P Carrie

    Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • The funniest part is I thought baka misspelled your name (as I know the tribe is spelled zulu). Later I remembered you spelled it differently on purpose but normal rules is normal rules, and editing my post was off the table. True to form I was jumped on for voting with nefarious intent so thought I would throw in a Prince joke for good measure. :P

    Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
    :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
  • Well the first time I did find it suspicious honestly, but the second time you mentioned it I was figuring something went over my head and through my ears and out the other side it went :P

    And pffft I am not named after the Zulu Tribe, it was a running joke with my friends that I game with year's ago and a play on Sulu from Star Trek :P
    R.I.P Carrie

    Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • So we have the Zullu thing, the Kaleg thing, and the now Maul thing.

    I'll go in reverse order here.

    Maul, are you playing the same kind of game as you were last game? (hypothetical question, no need to answer). Because what he just said in his last post, he literally did most of the first few days, and I wanted to lynch him so badly for it. (We were both town). That being said, it feels normal to me.

    @Kaleg, somebody asked you if you could back up your "2nd spam vote" stance. I don't think you have yet, have you? Curious at this point. I'd disagree with the stance itself. 2 Votes is no danger in a 10 player game, especially given we know we only have 2 mafia members. If I thought 2 votes was a danger, i'd think 1 vote would be as well.

    Given Zullu vs Heather, I don't like the case at all.
    @Zullu. You were hoping you would get a reaction out of somebody Zullu? Because I would've sided with Heather here and had the same exact reaction. So you might as well look my way as well. Was it an attempt at a hunt? Yeah sure. But it was beyond weak. But that's all we could ever have at this point. I just hope you're not actually as serious as you appear to be.

    Regarding Turkeh and the mis-spelt Zullu thing. Similar things happened last game where people jumped on others(regarding spelling/names) before even hearing them out just to re-cant after a very simple explanation. I didn't even feel compelled enough to ask Turkeh to clarify. It was a spam vote. I really didn't care where the confusion came in at. And it's not pressuring. There was no pressure there.

    Overall Zullu, I like that you put in an early effort, but I of course would disagree with the stance. But that's why I like it. It creates some friction in a spam-game.

    I wouldn't say any direction on any of these cases. With the exception of kaleg, I've provided why I think the others can very easily be townies.
    LegendaryKiller

  • SoftPanda wrote:

    Given Zullu vs Heather, I don't like the case at all.
    @Zullu. You were hoping you would get a reaction out of somebody Zullu? Because I would've sided with Heather here and had the same exact reaction. So you might as well look my way as well. Was it an attempt at a hunt? Yeah sure. But it was beyond weak. But that's all we could ever have at this point. I just hope you're not actually as serious as you appear to be.


    I do not take my voting ability lightly, I am always serious with them. What made me vote Heather was the simply fact that because I said I was suspicious of her she is now suspicious of me, I think I made that very clear in my voting post. So no, I am not spamming, not joking I am serious as to my reason and even more serious in my vote.
    R.I.P Carrie

    Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • Duly noted.

    So Zullu, you like your early case on the spam votes from Heather and Turkeh. Heather pokes back. It becomes an OMGUS, which only strengths your thoughts on the situation? < Is that all accurate.

    I don't like the OMGUS argument here. I find the case very weak, and I would have combatted the exact same way Heather did. Lets say Heather didn't post first to response. Lets say I stepped in and said the same things to you instead of Heather. Would you be voting me right now instead?
    LegendaryKiller

  • Typically if i call someone out and their first response is ...I am now suspicious of you..that just never sits well with me. You can easily explain things off, be defensive and not just toss down then...Thus I am suspicious of you now..card. And to me Heather typically does not jump to that right away.

    But I do like how people are quick to try and defend her, might be her partner or it could be the anti townies trying to buddy up early with her so if she would get lynched and turned up townie they can then play the...see told you she was townie...card.
    R.I.P Carrie

    Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • @Zullu - it seems you have a very short memory. You tried this with me in the last game. You poked at me for silly things, I responded, and regardless of how I responded you called my responses suspicious. And yet it turned out you were scum trying to build a case against me all game, and I was town. Here you are doing the exact same thing. So yeah, damn straight I find you suspicious. Last game I gave you the benefit of the doubt with your needling far too many times. I'm not falling for it again.
  • Heather wrote:

    @Zullu - it seems you have a very short memory. You tried this with me in the last game. You poked at me for silly things, I responded, and regardless of how I responded you called my responses suspicious. And yet it turned out you were scum trying to build a case against me all game, and I was town. Here you are doing the exact same thing. So yeah, damn straight I find you suspicious. Last game I gave you the benefit of the doubt with your needling far too many times. I'm not falling for it again.


    So because I was anti townie last game and doing my usual play style of calling out people on what I find suspicious I am thus anti townie again? I am sorry but that kind of thinking is so easy to get you tripped up. What one person does/was in a previous game has no indication on the current game. The fact that you would bring last game up now makes me think I am right in placing my vote on you.

    And no, had you simply said something and not tossed in the...I am suspicious of you now...I would not have voted for you. You are typically level headed on these things and not quick to point your finger at someone. It is usually when you continue to build suspicion on them that you finally do.
    R.I.P Carrie

    Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • SoftPanda wrote:

    @Kaleg, somebody asked you if you could back up your "2nd spam vote" stance. I don't think you have yet, have you? Curious at this point. I'd disagree with the stance itself. 2 Votes is no danger in a 10 player game, especially given we know we only have 2 mafia members. If I thought 2 votes was a danger, i'd think 1 vote would be as well.

    I believe I explained it in Post 23. I can respect your opinion that you may not consider it much, but even a weak thing is better than nothing so early. Once something else happens I move on.


    Heather wrote:

    But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

    HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

    But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • Lol I found parts of this game pretty funny early on. Sorry if I haven't posted in awhile, I'm out of the routine and habit of checking the boards and just now remembered I was playing again.

    Mauls post seemed more sarcastic to me and more of a joke. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the vibe I got. Ps thank you for your vote, it's been to long since you were gunning to kill me ;)

    Heather and Zullu- If you put a gun to my head and asked me to pick which one I would say heathers more pro town at this moment (which this early means nothing). I put it down as her just trying to get the game started and get discussions going.

    Will write more later...


    What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • Jesse wrote:

    Heather and Zullu- If you put a gun to my head and asked me to pick which one I would say heathers more pro town at this moment (which this early means nothing). I put it down as her just trying to get the game started and get discussions going.

    I would not really say she got the discussion going. Nothing got to serious till I made my post. So if anyone pushed the game towards discussion that would be me. :P

    Hopefully we will get a bit more discussion tomorrow and we will hear from Xarius as well. The more people talk, the more info we can get.
    R.I.P Carrie

    Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • Lol yeah that true, but I meant with the accusations I felt like she was trying to get off to a fast start.

    And dang you Zullu, I was preparing to say I want to hear something from Xarius but I had to wait my thirty minutes. The other one is Amethyst, I believe she made one spam vote and then she hasn't posted since then. Whatever it was, it isn't good. So Amethyst and Xarius if you get on, what are your thoughts on Heather and Zullu as well as Kalegs day one strategy.

    Also without further inconvenience <unvote>


    What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?