Unthemed Mafia (Intermediate) Game Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• I mainly mentioned Xarius as they have yet to post. For now we still have time so I did not want to mention others as really there are more then just two people that have posted very little. We basically have two days or less to get things figured out but what will most likely happen as is with most Day ones...nada and hope for the best going into the night phase.
    R.I.P Carrie

Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • Hey guys so sorry haven't posted yet my damn internet went down!? Virgin media sucks :thumbdown:

Anyways on to the game! My suspicions mainly lie with maul here although it came across as sarcasm i think that is one of the best fronts to hide behind!! Plus still spam voting jesse.... :blink"

As for zullu its too hard to tell atm he could just be running through is usual play style but then if it worked last time why wouldn't it this time right?? Too easy to hide behind a past game! ?(

Not suspicious of kaleg i just thing it was fluff no decision yet :thumbup:

Will be active now my internet seems to have finally been fixed again apologies!!

Avatar and sig by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
  • Awhhh, Kaleg, did my answer disappoint?

Perhaps I'm just not ready to answer you yet, perhaps you didn't say please, perhaps I'm doing something that will have meaning later.

Wait and see ;)

Are you sure it's spam? Remember who was first out of spam on my first game back? Reread my posts but with an open mind and see what you find especially with the game dynamics in mind.

Now.... Where's my shovel (Stronghold reference).

• Zullu wrote:

So because I was anti townie last game and doing my usual play style of calling out people on what I find suspicious I am thus anti townie again? I am sorry but that kind of thinking is so easy to get you tripped up. What one person does/was in a previous game has no indication on the current game. The fact that you would bring last game up now makes me think I am right in placing my vote on you.

And no, had you simply said something and not tossed in the...I am suspicious of you now...I would not have voted for you. You are typically level headed on these things and not quick to point your finger at someone. It is usually when you continue to build suspicion on them that you finally do.

You really, really haven't been paying attention, then. Anyone who targets me for spurious reasons ALWAYS gets a FoS from me. You'll note that I haven't actually voted for you, but the more you push this terrible reasoning the more firmly you land in my scum reads. And yes, you do call people out on what you find suspicious - but it's not usually something that is not at all suspicious, like a checking-in spam vote. :P That's the actions of the scum Zullu who wants to build a fake case. If you had made a case based on something real I would have said fair enough, but after letting things slide with you for too long last game I'm not going to give you a free pass this time when you try to pin things on people for what's just normal behaviour.
  • Heather wrote:

You really, really haven't been paying attention, then. Anyone who targets me for spurious reasons ALWAYS gets a FoS from me. You'll note that I haven't actually voted for you, but the more you push this terrible reasoning the more firmly you land in my scum reads. And yes, you do call people out on what you find suspicious - but it's not usually something that is not at all suspicious, like a checking-in spam vote. :P That's the actions of the scum Zullu who wants to build a fake case. If you had made a case based on something real I would have said fair enough, but after letting things slide with you for too long last game I'm not going to give you a free pass this time when you try to pin things on people for what's just normal behaviour.

Perhaps I have not played enough games with you then because I did not peg you for someone that automatically puts suspicion on someone simply because they questioned a post of theirs. But as I stated, that is always a bad move in my book. There are plenty of ways you can defend yourself with out that silly and yes I consider it silly defense of....well you must be suspicious if you think I am!

But I do like how you mention that going after someone for normal behavior is not a good thing. Last game was normal behavior for me, it just ended up that I was anti townie. To me, you had been making some mistakes and I was calling you out on it. I typically do that no matter the side I am on. It is because of things like this, contradicting yourself, simply becoming suspicious of someone simply because they questioned a post that I am not going to remove my vote for now.

However, Maul is acting strange. I am not sure if he is trying to get lynched or if he is trying something new out.

But with less then 24 hours left in the day, I do not really see us getting anywhere so I don't think anyone has anything to worry about.
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • What am I doing?

OK, let's begin and really get out of the spam phase.

2 bad guys
    Cop
    JK
    6 Townies who are going to have to visit someone. As I understand it, if a townie visits a bad guy, they die unless the JK intervenes. By stating who I intend to visit and seeing what happens I think that it will either clear or convict someone. Tell me if I'm wrong?

• Ah so you where still spamming, that makes so much sense now lol. We have been out of that phase for a bit :P

As to the visitor bit, I doubt that would work honestly. In fact that would be a claim an anti-town could abuse. Since the ability that anti-townie is a one shot and not every night, if you said you will visit..say me tonight(and I was anti townie) then I would simply not activate my PGO ability and then say..see Maul did not die thus I am most likely town.

While you had good intention perhaps, it would not work. Now I have to decide did you mean well or did you hope we would assume that and then paint you more town.
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • No, all we would have is had nullified their one shot ability. They still have a faction kill. Everyone can claim a target, we then get a kill during the night and are left wondering...did they die due to the mafia kill or due to the one shot ability? That would play into the hand of the mafia.

If I was mafia this game I would be encouraging you do to just that as it would then add to the chaos. Yes it would potentially nullify their two one shot kills but you are also forgetting it also could be abused as you would still only have two townies that can not visit like you think. Let us say that either our cop or JK say a target in the thread, chances are that will not be their actual night target. Now they claim target X in the thread but actually target someone else. They end up dead the next day and boom now there is an easy setup on someone. Yes this would be very very difficult to pull off but things like this can easily trip the town up.

Not saying we should not do it, just saying there are pro's and con's to it.
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • Zullu wrote:

Ah so you where still spamming, that makes so much sense now lol. We have been out of that phase for a bit

I don't think that's an excuse. It was decently clear that serious discussion was starting. Also Maul did not note his posts as spam, though they certainly were spam. I can accept a little spam noted as spam so long as posts also contribute to the discussion. Maul's did not.

And Maul, as to you post 52, we were out of the spam phase. Your posts were dragging things back to it. Also, setup is already known so it's another post that contributes nothing. And because your posts have contributed nothing and had scummy things, my vote on you is staying.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • I think Zullu has made a number of good post in the last 24 hours, he has decent post involving Heather. At some point in a game someone is going to, and should accuse you of something, I don't think it's fair to assume their scum. At least if their pointing figures and scum hunting in some way they are trying to help instead of just trying to lead the group in circles or not talking at all. Definitely getting more pro town vibes from Zullu. I will say and maybe someone could help me verify or remember, that last time I played Heather she believed I was scum for something similar and we both turned out to be pro town and I think frozen or someone else one. So Heather is consistent in how she plays usually, if I am remembering that correctly. It's been awhile.

I see Amethyst watching thread, hopefully we can hear their input before the day phase ends... Hopefully by tonight so we can discuss their opinion. Bam has also been pretty quiet recently, not sure if he just thinks day one is a wash or is trying to fly under radar or just doesn't have much to add. I just figure his veteran experience may have a read on Zullu or Heather more

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • Jesse noticed my silence and invited me to share my opinions, so here I am.

After rereading the thread, I'm reasonably certain that Heather and Zullu aren't working together :P, if only because both of their arguments are somewhat convincing. I'm guessing at least one of them is pro-town, but do not have a clear feeling as to which one yet. At this moment I'm slightly more convinced by Zullu's "you don't have think I'm scum just because I question you," but I understand how being targeted can put your targeter in a very suspicious light.

I think Maul's first post, number 26, as well as number 46, are a bit odd, but I'm not sure I want to un-spam my SoftPanda vote just yet.

And although I'm hardly one to talk, and risk sounding anti town by using the first time player card for my excuse, I am rather curious about Bam's opinion on all of this back and forth.

P.S. Would someone be willing to explain what exactly OMGUS means?