Unthemed Mafia (Intermediate) Game Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• OMGUS means oh my god you suck... So basically when someone accuses or votes for you and then you turn around and accuse or vote against that person it can be called a OMGUS

Thank you for your imput as well, I think I'm just going to wait on Maul a little, spamming that late into the day phase isn't good but if he can make a couple of good solid posts then I would be alright forgiving them. At this point I think we all need to bump our activity and that's myself included

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • Honestly it's just pointless to talk about anyone's opinions D1. Kaleg's read on maul is null at best IMHO, just like my read on turkeh is null at best. Watching moderately bad cases be made out of nowhere doesn't really do much for me, so I just treat it like I treat D1 in general - spam, come back later.

honestly treating D1 as a more serious day phase is kinda a bad idea. If we're not PLing somebody when the roles have been told to us, no solid case can be made worth reading into immediately. As I've said many times over, move to night phase... just I won't vote it this game :P

Sig by June 8)
    Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
  • Well I definetly think that either Zullu or Heather is scum just because Zullu is either trying too hard to get everyone on board and against Heather or Heather is fighting back too much for a silly accusation and I think I am leaning more towards Zullu.

As for Maul I am really not sure! It does seem a bit scummy to be posting complete spam and no real serious thought process going into the game! He seems to be trying hard not to be getting on anyone's bad side and did come up with the idea that as pointed out by Zullu would cause chaos if the Mafia reacted carefully!!

VOTE MAUL

Just to suspicious for me!!

Also keeping my eye on Kaleg he seems to be pretty quiet and not kicking off too much but at the same time trying fairly hard to push for Maul which I kind of agree with but not always done for good reasoning!

Avatar and sig by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
  • Kaleg Nar wrote:

I will say something positive about your posts. They're very helpful at giving me more to base my case off of.

Thank you for your vote, just remember what happens if and when the outcome turns up, no body ever liked my play style before and it isn't different now.

D1 is about being an individual, not running to join a pack (unless you have too like last game). You think I'm scummy? fair enough but don't blame me when you're proven wrong.

Kaleg is just deing iffy, pulling no reason for his vote when asked, he can't even follow his own rules, (must be a conservative)

Kaleg Nar wrote:

I will say something positive about your posts. They're very helpful at giving me more to base my case off of.

Exactly how is that being positive? I asked about your thoughts on the scenario, deciding not to get involved? Something to hide??

• Zullu wrote:

But I do like how you mention that going after someone for normal behavior is not a good thing. Last game was normal behavior for me, it just ended up that I was anti townie. To me, you had been making some mistakes and I was calling you out on it. I typically do that no matter the side I am on. It is because of things like this, contradicting yourself, simply becoming suspicious of someone simply because they questioned a post that I am not going to remove my vote for now.

You keep harping on the same fallacy here. I'm not contradicting myself at all. It's not just that you questioned a post. It's that you jumped on my normal check-in post and decided that I had to be scum. Because I checked in. Given the way you went after me last game, trying to build a case on fake "evidence" that wasn't even as poor as this "evidence" of me checking in with a spam vote, as I have said now several times but which you don't seem to want to read, I'm not just going to let it lie this time. You're acting like I've already voted for you. All I've done is point a finger and say "gee, jumping on someone for their check-in post is a very spurious reason for voting for someone and looks suspicious". You seem to be reacting as though I've decided you're 100% scum and am gunning for you.
  • @Maul & Zullu - I've been putting some thought into the mechanic, and unfortunately it's pretty much as Zullu said. I considered that we should all just announce who we're visiting, but it would be too easy for scum to exploit that knowledge. On the down side, if nobody knows who anyone is visiting and the scum activate their PGO, then we won't know who someone targeted if they die. We don't even know if we'll be able to differentiate from their night kill and their PGO kill - both might just show up as gunshot wounds so we won't know who mafia actively targeted and who got killed because they were PGO that night.
  • MaulICE wrote:

I asked about your thoughts on the scenario, deciding not to get involved?

Which scenario are you referring to then? I did think I was addressing whichever scenario was present.

If you're referring to the announcing the visits scenario, Zullu pretty much said it all.

I will agree with Bam that's Xarius' post of "I pressure Maul and then Maul pressures Kaleg so Maul must be scum" isn't a good argument in itself.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • Kaleg Nar wrote:

Quoted from "MaulICE"

I asked about your thoughts on the scenario, deciding not to get involved?

Which scenario are you referring to then? I did think I was addressing whichever scenario was present.

If you're referring to the announcing the visits scenario, Zullu pretty much said it all.

I will agree with Bam that's Xarius' post of "I pressure Maul and then Maul pressures Kaleg so Maul must be scum" isn't a good argument in itself.

So you don't have an opinion of your own?

Xarius, so I'm not allowed to return comments without appearing scummy. I thought this was part of the game. What if it was 3 posts later, would that have made a difference?
    I post when I can, there isn't a ticket system where you have to wait your turn. :P

• Give Maul a chance to play his game. I don't necessarily agree with his style. That was evident in our last game. But it was an experience where I gained some knowledge. I'm not saying he can't be scum at this point, but almost nothing has made those indications to me in this game.

@Xarius, you should've made your case and kept it at that. Whether you had good intentions or not, to refer to Maul as piling on is a bit ironic. Aren't you doing the same thing with Kaleg's original accusations? Keep an open mind.

As much as i'd hate to say it, I agree with Bam to a certain degree. Nothing here has convinced me enough to push for any lynch. The original Zullu case on Heather is very poor in my eyes. Considering i'm a player who will always become defensive and pick apart any weaknesses in accusations against me, I don't think Heather's OMGUS was bad. How many players did I OMGUS in my last game? How many of them flipped scum? I can tell you Baka was very easily one of them.

@The person spam voting me at the moment (can't recall name right now) It's fine. I usually hold my spam votes unless the person becomes endangered or I feel I have enough cause to try for another case.

@Jesse. How do you feel about OMGUS's in general? I personally think it's a term that is well over-used and it's often associated too much with scum. If I feel somebody attempts to make a poor case against me, i'm going to turn my head and look right at them for it. An OMGUS is different when a good case and a bad case get presented.
    LegendaryKiller

• (Many thanks got to Mr. Morgan Freeman for providing the voice of the narrator)

Narrator: As the day wore out, this townies started feeling weary. They each had some other errands to attend to during various times at the night too, so they decided to call it a day and each headed home to get some rest. All, but TWO, who -instead- headed towards the nearby bushes and started conspiring between themselves, dwelling over whether they should be "visiting" someone, or just go back home and stay alert.

Final VC:

Zullu (0) :
    Maul (2) : Kaleg, Xarius,
    Kaleg (2) : bam, Turkeh,
    Heather (2) : Panda, Zullu,
    bam (0) :
    Jesse (1) : Maul,
    Turkeh (0) :
    SoftPanda (1) : Amethyst,
    Amethyst (0) :
    Xarius (1) : Heather,

Not voting: Jesse,

Night ends in 24 hours count

All night action must be submitted before the counter hits zero.
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• To the naked eye; the town was peacefully quiet. However, nobody could really get to sleep. Eventually everybody decided to check on one of their neighbours to make sure they're not up to something funny.

As soon as the sun rose up; everybody rushed to the town square., but only 9 made it.

“Where is Jesse?” someone exclaimed nervously, and without a word they all rushed to his home, only to find his corpse lying just outside his garden gate.

- “Was he going in or out?”
    - “Was he shot here or was his body moved?”
    - “Who would even think of killing Jesse?”

Tension started to mount and lots of questions where thrown with not many clues to answer them, so everybody went back to the town square to try and think it over and decide whom would be the most likely killer amongst them.

Zullu (0) :
    Maul (0) :
    Kaleg (0) :
    Heather (0) :
    bam (0) :
    Turkeh (0) :
    SoftPanda (0) :
    Amethyst (0) :
    Xarius (0) :

Not voting: bam, Turkeh, Kaleg, Xarius, Panda, Zullu, Heather, Amethyst, Maul,

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes for the majority.

Day ends on Thursday at around 2 pm Eastern time countdown
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• So....I assume Jesse was a townie? Seeing as only the mafia has a killing role in any form.

@Heather -- Btw please read this very carefully as you seem to keep thinking I voted you due to your spam vote. No that has zero to do with it at all, I stated that before but you keep bringing that up. Are you skimming my posts yet again? But just so there is zero question...I voted you and kept my vote on you due to your reaction and quick jump to shift blame instead of simply explaining yourself. And I left it on you cause you keep bringing up last game as if that has any merit at all in the current game. It has zero meaning on this game.

Not much other to say right now, might have to go back and look over things and who Jesse might have been targeted by or who could be setup by a Jesse kill. But since most refused to even vote yesterday we are just at Day one all over again but now with one less townie and not much if anything to even go on.
    R.I.P Carrie

Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • Jesse's death really isn't that helpful. He was neutral on Zullu v Heather, though he did favor Heather more.
    He was neutral on me v Maul, though he did mention if Maul's spam continued he wouldn't be.

So overall, a good night kill choice and I do believe it was NK as opposed to PGO. Why the odds of Jesse visiting a mafia, the mafia activating PGO, and someone else being JKed from the factional kill/ JKing the factional kill is just too high.

Currently I don't have much to add beyond what I did yesterday. I still think Maul suspicious from his spamming, but I will make sure to observe other suspects.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.