Unthemed Mafia (Intermediate) Game Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

  • Kaleg Nar wrote:

    Amethyst, you do have a point with you and Bam being more neutral. The reason you wouldn't be a top choice though, IMO, is that you're newer to this section (correct me if I'm wrong) so the mafia might want to not kill you off right away. As for Bamcbix v jesse in nightkill, I'm not going to put too much to that since Jesse was relatively neutral so it's not highly off the neutrality mark to kill him.
    That makes sense Kaleg, I appreciate hearing your input.

    Turkeh wrote:

    @all it's bam's way of encouraging me to play.

    Xarius wrote:

    IMO bam probably just wanted to see what happened, who says what etc...
    There seem to be a number of bam apologists in the room, including Turkeh, who later in the same post said:

    Turkeh wrote:

    I do however kind of wince at your "Maul being Maul" statement as I think this gets us into a lot of either lazy playing or bad assumptions that cost the town a bit. Food for thought until I work it out a bit better.
    I definitely agree with Turkeh's opinion that we need to be careful of lazy playing by making blanket statements of "it's just ____ being ____." However, it feels almost as if that is exactly what Turkeh is doing with bam.

    I don't think all three of them are involved in a conspiracy (it's nice knowing how many scum there are - I wonder how a game with unknown scum/town or one where the scum didn't know who the other scum were would work), but one or two of them very well could be. I'm abstaining from voting at this moment, but it's rather odd.
  • Don't know what all the worry is, frankly I feel like it was beyond obvious why I had voted her (reason being her activity) and explaining that wasn't worth the 8 letters. Anyways, nothings changed other than she showed up for a quick post and we're no closer to any lynch at all. We're starting to get to the point where any lynch is better than nothing.


    Sig by June 8)
    Love is like air, without it... I die.

    spaPOT wrote:

    no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
  • You keep saying its just how Maul plays or its just Maul but honestly wouldn't that be the perfect screen to hide behind? I am not saying he has done anything since D1 but maybe thats the issue he still isn't really contributing??

    I dunno why just since D1 i felt something scummy about him and we need to stop thinking about anyone's play style in another game because that is just the kind of thing someone who was scummy could use against us?

    I am sticking with my vote for no other reason than D1 suspicions and the fact that Maul doesn't seem too fussed to prove himself townie...


    Avatar and sig by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
  • bamcbix wrote:

    Don't know what all the worry is, frankly I feel like it was beyond obvious why I had voted her (reason being her activity) and explaining that wasn't worth the 8 letters

    Here are the problems with that. You didn't state it so it wasn't certain, plus you had not made mention of it before so it was not something we could reread your posts and say "This is why." By not stating the reason it also allows you to work your reasoning to whatever works best later on rather than having to defend a particular point if things go South on it. Mafia is a game of information and we need as much as possible so if inactivity was your original reason, you should've taken the eight letters to write it down so that we had that information.


    Heather wrote:

    But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

    HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

    But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • -_- I really don't need to be told what kind of game mafia is. Frankly if somehow a bandwagon was formed and tried got lynched, you wouldn't even look at me for my lack of reasoning, you would naturally have looked at everyone else due to logical process of elimination. Honestly it's more or less the fact that so little is done here to keep people posting, it's like if I decide I'm not going to post suddenly I'm rewarded more often than not on this forum.

    Frankly you being the only one to vote me, as well as how quick you chose the 'too easy' route puts you on my #1.5 slot of suspects.


    Sig by June 8)
    Love is like air, without it... I die.

    spaPOT wrote:

    no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
  • If somebody is being themselves through one day, of course i'm going to side them with town. Because it is what is expected. That doesn't not make them mafia. Of course it is a great cover to hide beyond, but I wait for a little more to reveal itself until I make that determination. The fact that you're still okay with your vote says you simply want to stick on him for a simple case of gut call.

    I'd question those referring to their gut after day 1. I enjoy throwing Baka under the bus, so i'll just mention he had a lot of "gut calls" as scum last game. :)

    And Frankly Bam is more right than not. It's actually why I have a hard time playing these last two games. If I didn't like my current stance, I'd put a second vote on Turkeh based on principle alone.

    At this point, town hasn't a shot in hell to do anything in D2. I'm expecting a fairly null kill over our next night phase, so great work peeps.
    LegendaryKiller

  • Zullu (0) :
    Maul (1) : Xarius,
    Kaleg (0) :
    Heather (0) :
    bam (1) : Kaleg,
    Turkeh (1) : bam,
    SoftPanda (0) :
    Amethyst (0) :
    Xarius (1) : Panda,

    Not voting: Turkeh, Zullu, Heather, Amethyst, Maul,

    With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes for the majority.

    Less than 20 hours left for the day to end. Countdown

    I was playing with the idea of giving you all a 24-hours extension, but I don't see a reason for it as there isn't much going on that needs more time to begin with.
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

  • #97 @SP – you ask why I have you as a town lean. It’s probably not much more than a personal feeling because you had the guts to stand up for me against Zullu. Just as I tend to view with suspicion those who attack me with no basis, I also tend to view favourably those who appear to recognise that I’m town. It’s not a very logical way to play, I know, and leaves me open to early manipulation but in the early game stages that’s pretty much all I have to go on. If it’s any consolation, I’m always re-evaluating new posts and won’t hesitate to drop an early emotive read based on later, more substantial reads.

    #98 @Zullu – or it’s just that Maul is playing his usual town game as far as I can see. If someone is playing to their town meta, I see no reason why I shouldn’t mention it. Does it mean that it might not come out later that he’s scum? Of course not. But so far he hasn’t done anything scummy that I can see.

    #100 @Turkeh – I’m looking forward to your post, especially if it doesn’t have the “activity count” crap that you know I hate and that I’m glad to see you’re realised is mostly useless anyway. I just hope you manage to get your analysis post reasonably up to date. Sometimes you’re several pages behind on those and they tend to be less helpful when the action has moved well beyond what you’re dissecting.

    #101 @Amethyst – I see your point, and I’m a bit guilty of that myself. But certain players do tend to have a certain style that comes across as scummy even when they’re not. It’s important to note when they’re playing their normal meta so that any scum overtones can be filtered out and just concentrate on what they’re actually saying.

    #102 @bam – fair enough. I just wanted to see you say it, so there was no confusion later.

    #103 @Xarius – yes, that’s one of the factors. Those playing scum try to post the way they would as town, so they can blend in. This is why I mentioned in my reply to SP above that although I follow those instinctual vibes early in the game as a general guide, I don’t let them cloud my judgement later on when there’s more evidence to go on.

    #107 @SP – and here I see you’ve made much the same statement that I did in response to your #97. So my post has come full circle.
  • So on re-reading the whole Heather/Zullu argument again - I’m going to have to agree with both Heather and bam here on this one. Why is Heather’s spam vote on Amethyst worse than anyone else’s spam vote on someone else? Being new doesn’t denote someone’s alignment, certainly, and it’s a single vote so not a huge amount of danger either. I still agree with bam on Kaleg’s stance for voting for anyone who places a second spam vote on someone - it’s not hugely important. Both feel like they’re grasping at rather artificial reasons to end spam phase. While I too would like to end spam phase asap - I think mayhaps artificial reasons is not the best way to do this. For completeness, I will point out that Heather being suspicious here is a little weird too - since at least to me, the reasons are obviously artificial and not really gaining steam. She did mention that it was a “nugget” of suspicion - but lol Zullu counters that with a vote (who is the greater OMGUS - the OMGUS or the OMGUS who follows him(or her in this case)).

    To answer Amethyst here: yeah a valid point - but I’m actually not arguing bam’s alignment here at all (as lol he honestly could be either). I just know when he’s being a bampire - and lol not yet sure if that’s a town bampire or a mafia bampire.

    Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
    :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
  • Turkeh wrote:

    @Zullu if you think they're enough to warrant putting your vote on me by all means. I do however kind of wince at your "Maul being Maul" statement as I think this gets us into a lot of either lazy playing or bad assumptions that cost the town a bit. Food for thought until I work it out a bit better.


    I do not think you understood the Maul being Maul bit. It seems like you misunderstood honestly. So let me clarify, the Maul being Maul..you left out the bit prior to that which is what it was all about. It was the fact that Maul voted for the same person three times. We know the roles in the game, we know there is no role that requires you to revote for your vote to count etc. So I was merely commenting on Maul voting for Jesse twice in one post and later a third time..never did he even remove a vote so it was unneeded. So I was saying the multi voting is most likely due to nothing other then Maul being Maul. Most of his posts this game have not been much help and just random riddles/spams or whatever you want to call it.

    But at least we are making this game super easy for mafia and not voting at all for the same person and just tossing out random votes that mean nothing here and there.

    I like how when I voted Heather for being suspicious of me is viewed as a negative yet people then come in and vote without saying a single word and we just go meh it was just a way to get talks going.

    Honestly Heather seems to eager to buddy up with people, as SP said even those two seem to be buddying up. So that is at least two people that she has appeared to buddy up with.

    I am honestly half tempted to put my vote back on her right now for that reason right there, but I highly doubt it will do a darn thing other then just put one vote on yet another person and as we are roughly 12 hours from the end of day phase and it is this late for most players not much is going to happen.
    R.I.P Carrie

    Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • Heather wrote:

    Amethyst

    Turkeh wrote:

    To answer Amethyst here: yeah a valid point - but I’m actually not arguing bam’s alignment here at all (as lol he honestly could be either). I just know when he’s being a bampire - and lol not yet sure if that’s a town bampire or a mafia bampire.
    Thanks for replying Turkeh. I see your point. Perhaps it is something I will get a better read on myself with more games.

    Heather wrote:

    #101 @Amethyst – I see your point, and I’m a bit guilty of that myself. But certain players do tend to have a certain style that comes across as scummy even when they’re not. It’s important to note when they’re playing their normal meta so that any scum overtones can be filtered out and just concentrate on what they’re actually saying.
    Thanks for your reply - you have a good point about how knowing players can make deciphering scumming from trolling and the like much simpler.

    Like as not this vote won't end up counting because we need a majority, but for this round I'm sticking with my possible Heather Turkeh bam conspiracy (although both Heather and Turkeh made good responses, it does not necessarily clear them). Since bam seems to be the common factor here, I'm going to cast my vote on him this round.

    Vote: bamcbix
  • You do realize that there's only 2 scum, right? Other than that, you've failed to bring up any actual or logical evidence towards any of us being scummy (I mean to be quite honest neither did you mention your stance at all about my blank vote other than how other people perceived it) also, your trio seems to have switched from turkeh xarius and I in #101 to out of nowhere dropping xarius and out of nowhere adding heather, either case is extremely weak and honestly a turkeh and I connection would be even harder to go forward with. The kill is pretty weak from either one of us and to follow that up with me black voting her seems not only unreasonable but also completely harmful to my cause, I'd just PM her or contact her somewhere else and tell her to get around and play.. or even better, I wouldnt, because she was easily get ing away with it. Why would I pointlessly attract attention to my absent partner and then follow that up with saying how our community awards inactives...? I don't see your logic at all, and I'd argue it's not even a WIFOM argument.


    Sig by June 8)
    Love is like air, without it... I die.

    spaPOT wrote:

    no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
  • Yes, I do realize there are only two scum. If you reread the bottom of post #101, you'll see that. As for Heather replacing Xarius, you are completely right. I meant to type Xarius, referring to my suspicious from #101, but was thinking about Heather's post and wrote her accidentally. Super awkward typo. As for your point about your vote from Turkeh making it likely she isn't your scum partner, that does make sense. But, if you did want to be super sneaky, and you two were partners, early on in the game when we all aren't desperate enough to actually lynch anyone would be the time to do it. To me it does feel like a WIFOM argument, but short of reiterating that two separate people have dismissed any questions about you with "oh, it's just bam," and I find it odd, and there's a chance that either they are together or one of them is with you, there's not much I can say to you saying it's not a WIFOM argument.
  • @Zullu - yeah, I get accused of buddying in every damn game I play in. It's because I have the balls to point out when people are acting like town. As soon as I do, I get people (sometimes scum, sometimes other town) pointing fingers at me as though I've done something heinous. If that's the best you can come up with to vote for me, by all means go ahead.
  • Not really much I can reply to.

    With Amethyst's idea, I don't fully understand the logic of it, but with what we have it's not horribly terrible so I can't really bash it. The Zullu Heather stuff seems to still be at the same point. Maul still is leaning similarly to yesterday IMO. Turkeh's post was nice, but it doesn't really seem to help but I'm not really sure if that can be blamed on Turkeh. And Bam, I do find it interesting you said I was taking an easy route considering you were taking a route that could be considered easy by voting an inactive.

    On that subject, Xarius hasn't posted in a while. Most others seem to be contributing and I don't have a strong lynch urge on most (Maul is still scummy to me, but at least he does post.) So on that note, for inactivity I will VOTE: XARIUS


    Heather wrote:

    But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

    HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

    But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • Kinda have to u vote before you spread your vote, kaleg. Anyways, yes, I suppose you can say my voting an inactive to become active is an easy vote too... but it worked. It's extremely obvious we aren't going to get a lynch this phase so I suppose I'll send my action in now.


    Sig by June 8)
    Love is like air, without it... I die.

    spaPOT wrote:

    no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
  • Whoops I did forget the unvote.

    UNVOTE; BAMCBIX
    VOTE: XARIUS


    I do want to clarify that I wasn't bashing the reasoning you stated later for voting Turkeh, Bam, just that I noticed you were going for an 'easy' vote while condemning my 'easy' vote.


    Heather wrote:

    But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

    HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

    But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • Been at work all day today :thumbdown: Nothing seemed mega important to reply to when i checked on my break so didn't bother to reply but how is that a reason to vote me?? I dont get why I wasn't scummy then suddenly for that I am??

    I firmly believe that maul and either zullu or bam is mafia...

    Maul because of D1, his play style (weather or not he always does is irrelevant) my general feeling.

    Zullu because of the heather situation and i just think he jumped on her for nothing overall and after all arguments are said and done i feel he may of tried to just push everyone in one direction.

    Bam because of actions lately just seems a bit distant and almost like he was trying to be confusing??

    Kaleg is no longer in my suspicions but think he wrong about me just saying :thumbup:


    Avatar and sig by HONDA 775 :thumbup: