Unthemed Mafia (Intermediate) Game Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• I think there IS something to the fact that Jesse believed Maul’s vote on him to be definitely spam and teasing. I then lol’d at how Jesse somehow gets a combo OMGUS/spam vote put on himself for saying that Maul was joking. I think Maul is underscoring here that it was really a joke after all. Maul’s main defense for the way he voted D1 seems to be that he likes to think for himself and thus is not “following the herd”.

Post #69 - Right Heather but here’s the issue: We know so and so visited someone else . The person visiting dies - now did they a) die because they visited someone else? b) die because they visited the PGO? c) get hit by the mafia? If we then target their announced target and it’s situation c, we have ability to kill at least 2 townies via lynch, and if it’s a get no usable info.

Post #75 - I agree with you SP. If we could claim OMGUS for anyone calling us scummy for being suspicious of them it could in essence be used to “shield” yourself from any kind of scrutiny. I think creating situations where something is bad all the time is dangerous in a game like mafia.

So on the Jesse Front:

People who voted for Jesse: Maul, Kaleg

We’ve discussed Maul’s vote on Jesse a bit - but I am not sure (still rereading) we’ve touched on Kaleg’s voting for the second spam vote thing. He did unvote later, but still food for thought.

People who Jesse voted for: Turkeh. I point this one out in case it’s a case of kill the person who voted me sort of thing (and no I’m not someone who does that).

To address Zullu - yeah I see what you're saying now. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
    :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
  • "I'm tired. Let's call it a day, shall we?" said one of the townies, and it was like everybody was just waiting for someone else to say it before they all agreed to go home for the night. Still, as exhausted as they were; the smell of fear kept every single one of them from going straight back home. Every single townie had to check on "someone" they either thought was suspicious or wanted to make sure they were trustworthy as they thought them to be.

Zullu (0) :
    Maul (1) : Xarius,
    Kaleg (0) :
    Heather (0) :
    bam (1) : Amethyst,
    Turkeh (1) : bam,
    SoftPanda (0) :
    Amethyst (0) :
    Xarius (2) : Panda, Kaleg,

Not voting: Turkeh, Zullu, Heather, Maul,

Another NL and the we anxiously await the outcome of this night's events. Countdown for sunrise.

Please send in your night actions before deadline. Thank you.
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• *Note: I decided to end the night 3 hrs early. However, these 3 hours have been added to the day dead line (i.e. this day will be 75 hours long instead of 72 hrs)

So, the town awakes early in the morning to the sound of a gun shot. They all quickly gather at the town's center square only to find the corpse of Xarius with a single shot right through the heart.

“Yeah, that's mafia for sure. No ordinary criminal would shoot so accurately.” murmured one of them.

“That doesn't look good. They're bolder and are dropping their traditional use of silencers.” shouted another, angrily.

“We need to do something about it before they bury us all!” someone squeaked.

“Bury us??” exclaimed another. “Do you see anyone burried? Did we find either of our deaths in a grave??”.

A handsome well-dressed young person emerged to the scene; slowly walking to the center of the square with an unexplainable cool grin. “OK, calm down everyone.”, he said in a deep sound. “Let's convene and talk about this...” he continued before he paused for a second, turned around to face the 2 who were arguing and added in a sarcastic tone: “before they feed us to the vultures.”.

(Xarius was a Compulsive Visitor, btw.)

Zullu (0) :
    Maul (0) :
    Kaleg (0) :
    Heather (0) :
    bam (0) :
    Turkeh (0) :
    SoftPanda (0) :
    Amethyst (0) :

Not voting: Turkeh, Zullu, Heather, Maul, Panda, Kaleg, bam, Amethyst,

With 8 players alive it takes 5 votes for the majority.

Day ends on Monday, 6 June 2016, countdown
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• Going to do what I should have done yesterday had I got back prior to the deadline.

vote: Heather

Your lack of voting, your attempts to buddy up with multiple people and overall your lackluster attempts at a defense. This is how you typically play when you are not town.
    R.I.P Carrie

Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • And there it is. I'm not sure how my defence could be called lacklustre - I literally have nothing to defend against. Your accusations are entirely baseless. I've said that numerous times. Other people have also said that your accusations against me amount to nothing. Your entire case is based on me saying that I thought you were mildly suspicious for jumping on my check-in post - for, get this, being just like everyone else's check-in posts. lol So I wonder why mine got singled out and not one of the other check-in/spam vote posts. Honestly, it's like you rolled a die at the start of the game and it landed on me, so you decided that come hell or high water you were going to gun for me. Zullu, your case is at best based on OMGUS because I dared to say that your entirely specious argument was odd and a bit suspicious. Which it was and still is. And now you add to that the "evidence" that I haven't defended myself. What a laugh. Go back and see how many times I answered your points, even long past the time when it was clear that you were ignoring everything I said. So honestly, I'm not sure why I'm bothering to waste so much time writing up this response, since you've just ignored every single time I've replied to your accusations.

Ah yes, and the lack of voting. You know, I wasn't the only one not to vote during D2. I literally had nobody that I felt strongly enough to vote for. Although you tempted me once or twice, with your constant clutching at straws. I also note that you yourself had no vote on anyone at the end of the day - does that mean you find yourself scummy?
  • Heather wrote:

. I also note that you yourself had no vote on anyone at the end of the day - does that mean you find yourself scummy?

I need to reread the whole ZvH situation again before coming to any final conclusions, but I do agree Heather has a solid point in that statement.

Still haven't seen much useful stuff from Maul so those suspicions carry on.

I dislike that we've gone two days without a lynch. I have a suspicion that lynching either Zullu or Heather is going to be the key needed to get the ball rolling since that debate has preoccupied a decent amount of time, without yet yielding any fruit.

As for the Xarius kill, he's been a Maul hardliner so this time the mafia didn't go with a neutral kill which is something I will want to reread more on.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • Heather wrote:

And there it is. I'm not sure how my defence could be called lacklustre - I literally have nothing to defend against. Your accusations are entirely baseless. I've said that numerous times.

You normally play aggressive and look for scum. This game you are not you are being passive and just brushing off suspicions tossed your way.

Heather wrote:

Other people have also said that your accusations against me amount to nothing. Your entire case is based on me saying that I thought you were mildly suspicious for jumping on my check-in post - for, get this, being just like everyone else's check-in posts.
    Like this, here you use other's opinions of you(again trying to buddy up to them) to prove you are innocent.

Heather wrote:

Zullu, your case is at best based on OMGUS
    If so then put your vote where your mouth is :P I will ask this, are you willing to go to the lynching post for the benefit of the town? I know I am.

Heather wrote:

Ah yes, and the lack of voting. You know, I wasn't the only one not to vote during D2
    Yes I do know that, but unlike the others you are suspicions. Not playing your normal scum hunting style and sitting back and agreeing with people and for the most part are not adding helpful posts and merely hoping that me pushing you will be a distraction and town will look past it.
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • Heather wrote:

So I wonder why mine got singled out and not one of the other check-in/spam vote posts.
    I forgot to ask this...so question Heather. If this was a spam vote...why did you never remove your vote at all? You left it the entire day phase. Continued to call it nothing more then a spam vote. I just find it odd that you would leave a vote on someone if it was truly spam. Surely at some point during Day one you had to have had time to realize in the various vote counts that your spam vote was still there. And if the role was reversed and I was evening thinking that a vote I placed was a spam and being questioned I would have removed it and looked for someone worth an actual vote...even if it was a guess but I sure as heck would not leave a vote, that I defended such as you do, that was merely a spam vote last the entire day phase.
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • What specifically are you agreeing with other than the obvious fact that we need a lynch, maul?

Anyways, Zullu, your case is based solely on meta at best and it truly does fail to support any decent claim other than a witch hunt. I'd vote you had you not been so completely different than when we were mafia together, but I can't follow the illogical case against heather with maul just getting by saying 'Yeah! Heather is the way togo!' Without offering what he agrees with on your 'case' against her..

Sig by June 8)
    Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:
  • @Zullu - your points in order. I'm literally grinding my teeth here as I write this, by the way.

1. When the hell have I had time to hunt for scum? I've done what I can, but I have limited time here and every damn time I come online you're there picking at some imaginary thing about me. I'd start swearing at this point if this @$%@$ board would let me. I'll remind you (even thought apparently bringing up a past game is somehow scummy to you as well), that I got accused of the same thing in the last game because I had to spend my limited time defending against stupid attacks. You're seriously starting to piss me off at this point.

2. Oh, so sorry that other people are finding your arguments as baseless as I am, and that I dared - DARED - to mention it. For f's sake.

3. You know, I will bloody vote for you in a minute. Do you know why I haven't so far? Because I don't have 10 hours in the goddamn day to reply to your "oh, look, I placed a vote on you now you're voting me" BS that will inevitably follow.

4. See my answer to point 1, and by the way every other frigging post I've made so far in this game. You want me to be active? Stop being a #$%J@$(@ arsehole.

5. Why remove a spam vote when it's the only vote on someone? I saw absolutely no reason to take off a vote unless I saw a better vote prospect or others started jumping on the wagon.

Zullu, I know you're a better player than this. I don't know if you're being deliberately obtuse or you're having a bad week/month, or you're scum trying to bait me in the exact same way that you did in the previous game.

I'm so $@$@ done with you it's not funny,.

vote: Zullu

@Maul - I'll reply to you like I just replied to Zullu. When the hell have I had time to scum hunt? My time here is limited and Zullu has not given me a chance to do anything productive. Even so, I've done my best to do what I can. Again, I'll point you to the last game. I got accused of this same thing then, because I was having to defend against stupid crap.

I would also point out that both yours and Zullu's "reasons" in this regard boil down to BoP - Burden of Proficiency. You know I'm not a good scum hunter early in the game. And yet somehow you both expect me to have found scum by now? You know what - I think I have. Maybe Xarius was on to something after all.
  • To everyone - we have enough wiggle room still in this game. By all means, please vote for me. It'll get me out of this increasingly frustrating game. Then when I flip town you'll see how Zullu tried this exact trick last game - when he was scum. I'm too damn soft for my own good. I said early on that I wasn't going to fall for his tactic a second time, but damn me if I haven't let him go far too long with his crap again in this game without voting for him.
  • Ok I was not goig to post this, but due to the language of your posts Heather here it is.

Town, I visited Heather last night, she turned up guilty. There is has been said. Mafia, if your tactic was to use harsh words at me to find out if I was the person you need to kill..grats it worked. But I do not want people to be discouraged from posting in fear of being talked to so harshly.
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • Well that was an interesting turn of events.

@Zullu, I think it would've been a little more useful for you to with-hold that information a bit longer, but given the circumstances, I can't hate on it.

I'd hope the harsh words weren't put in there just because of the two roles, that would be a little on the aggressive side for me.

Nonetheless, no reason to fake this claim, we only have 1 option here unless this is a counter.

Vote: Heather.
    LegendaryKiller

• If you do believe I was bluffing, then it is in the best interest of the town to lynch me. You find out then if what my last post was is true or not. If not you get a mafia. If true you get a mafia at the cost of a pro town. Fair trade for the town. So if there is any doubt to my side then the safest vote is one me.

I should have just posted this instead of my last post as I did not really know how to take the posts quite honestly as I do not want to pre judge as maybe there is some odd twist we do not know.
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope
  • SoftPanda wrote:

bamcbix wrote:

Although it's painfully obviouw, I'll say that before this lynch eventually goes through, if Heather turns out to be town, NOBODY can visit Zullu. If two people do then mafia potentially wins.

vote Heather

What do you mean Bam?

Just a guess but he means if Heather turns up town and I am around..visiting me could be a death trap. Mafia have that one time shot to kill, thus if I was lying and am mafia any night target would be a setup by me to get a kill with the one shot night action. But that is my guess only.
    R.I.P Carrie

Annie's Hope