Unthemed Mafia (Intermediate) Game Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Unthemed Mafia (Intermediate) Game Thread

Hello and welcome to this "unthemed" game. First, let me remind you - once more - of the setup at hand:

- You have 2 Goons amongst you. The have a NORMAL factioncal kill everynight.
    - Furthermore; each of the Goons has a 1-shot PGO ability that is off by default. To activate it, the Goon needs to send me a PM during their chosen night.
    - The PGO ability resolves FIRST (even before the Jailkeeper), so EVERYONE who targets a Mafioso who has their PGO ability activated on that specific night will die, including the JK themselves.

-The town has a normal Cop and a Jailkeeper, as well as 6 COMULSIVE visitors. If any of the 6 VTs forgets/is unable to submit an action on any given night, one will be assigned to them at random.

-ASIDE FROM the PGO action, the jailkeeper action resolves first (blocks the factional kill if their target is either the killer or the victim). The Mafia factional kill resolves next, then the Cop's investigation last, and finally the compulsive visits (just in case the JK is blocking as VT who was supposed to be visiting a Mafioso who had their PGO ability on on that specific night)

Put another way, if you are visiting a Goon who opted to turn on their PGO shot on that night, the ONLY way you won't die is if the JK is targeting YOU.

Normal /regular rules apply (i.e. Be active, Have fun, Days are 72 hours, Nights are 24 hours, NO DAY CHAT outside the game thread, ONLY SCUM will have NIGHT CHAT but must include me in it).

P.S. I do not have a personal mod colour.

List of player:

Zullu
    Maul
    Kaleg
    Heather
    bam
    Jesse
    Turkeh
    SoftPanda
    Amethyst
    Xarius

Have fun :D

Ready.. Steady .. GO!
    I see dead presidents on banknotes all the time.

• VOTE: TURKEH

Because I wanted to vote Zullu and she sniped me while I was writing this post! Hang her! With her post in the middle, a prior portion of what I was going to write also makes no sense in this new context so after this first conspiracy, she's gotta be part of the mafia. (Amethyst also sniped me after I noticed Turkeh's sniping me so she must be other person of this conspiracy.)

Now why did I want to vote Zullu? I'll tell you why. It's because *cackles* I'll get you and your little ebil teddy bear too! (Unless he refers to be referred to as: A stuffed representation of a member of the Ursus genus that presents traits of and relating to malice.)

Speaking of making unnecessarily long names, I simply cannot abide the idea of nothing special in this game. Therefore I shall reclassify all the roles.

VT: Unembellished Townsperson
    Mafia Goon: Underworld Thug
    Jail Keeper: Prison Lifestyle Facilitator
    Cop: Baka-dized Townsperson

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • <vote Turkeh>

For misspelling names so that her spam Vote doesn't count

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • Kaleg Nar wrote:

Because I wanted to vote Zullu and she sniped me while I was writing this post! Hang her! With her post in the middle, a prior portion of what I was going to write also makes no sense in this new context so after this first conspiracy, she's gotta be part of the mafia. (Amethyst also sniped me after I noticed Turkeh's sniping me so she must be other person of this conspiracy.)

Now why did I want to vote Zullu? I'll tell you why. It's because *cackles* I'll get you and your little ebil teddy bear too! (Unless he refers to be referred to as: A stuffed representation of a member of the Ursus genus that presents traits of and relating to malice.)

Speaking of making unnecessarily long names, I simply cannot abide the idea of nothing special in this game. Therefore I shall reclassify all the roles.

VT: Unembellished Townsperson
    Mafia Goon: Underworld Thug
    Jail Keeper: Prison Lifestyle Facilitator
    Cop: Baka-dized Townsperson
    Unvote Zulu and Zullu (also if he's going by a symbol currently)

Vote Kaleg

My reasons are simple, really. He definitely seems pro-ebil teddy and really being on the side of ebil probably makes you mafia or at the very least a mafia-sympathizer.

PS: I giggled at the kalegized role re-writes.

Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
    :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
  • Zullu (0) :
    Maul (0) :
    Kaleg (2) : bam, Turkeh,
    Heather (1) : Panda,
    bam (0) :
    Jesse (1) : Kaleg,
    Turkeh (1) : Jesse,
    SoftPanda (1) : Amethyst,
    Amethyst (0) :
    Xarius (0) :

Not voting: Zullu, Maul, Heather, Xarius,

Day ends on Sunday at roughly noon Eastern time (It's 4 pm GMT, so I'm not sure if I did the conversion right seeing as I don't know if day-saving is on/off currently) :thumbsup:

• So let's see what has happened so far....

SoftPanda and bam cast some spam votes.

Turkeh tries to make it appear a spam vote and purposely misspelled my name. I have to wonder if this is just to blend in with the spam votes while having the caveat of being able to come back with the...oh it did not count anyways as the name is not right defense. I see I am not the only one that found it odd...see Jesse's post. Then you later just add another vote at random. I have never been a fan of just tossing out votes willy nilly just to fit in.

Amethyst, they are new to me so really can not judge just yet.

Kaleg then comes in with a really long spam post, good for a chuckle indeed but at the end of the day all fluff and no fill. Then posts a second vote and well yea I do need explaining on that one.

Heather, much like Turkeh comes in and just tosses a vote out randomly. Then above that goes for what I deem the easiest option, the new player. A good player knows they can just toss this out with the excuse later that it is nothing more then a spam vote.

So right now both Heather and Turkeh are near the top of the suspects. Not that I trust anyone else, but these two have stood out the most so far.
    R.I.P Carrie

Sig By: Keteri
    Annie's Hope
  • Zullu wrote:

Then posts a second vote and well yea I do need explaining on that one.

I've been a traditional opponent of casting a second spam vote on someone. Hence my vote on Jesse for throwing a second vote on Turkeh.

Turkeh, same goes to you but I only have one vote.

SPAM: My renamed roles are gaining popularity. This town will be mine!
    @Heather, if you're sorry then why don't I see you groveling?

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
  • Haha I'm pretty sure we played this game last time Kaleg and I'm pretty sure I flipped town. A second vote, especially a spam one, doesn't put someone in danger. If people would of started to pile on I would have unvoted quickly. Just out of curiosity do you have stats to back up this theory? Or is this just a tactic you've developed to stay consistent in how you play regardless of scum or pro town?

What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater?
  • Zullu (0) :
    Maul (0) :
    Kaleg (2) : bam, Turkeh,
    Heather (1) : Panda,
    bam (0) :
    Jesse (1) : Kaleg,
    Turkeh (1) : Jesse,
    SoftPanda (1) : Amethyst,
    Amethyst (0) :
    Xarius (1) : Heather,

Not voting: Zullu, Maul, Xarius,

Day ends on Sunday at around noon Eastern time

• Ok, Zullu has grabbed my attention for trying to make a case out of the random spam votes. We do this in every game - first post is checking in and usually casting some sort of random vote, generally on someone who doesn't already have a vote on them. It's our standard ice-breaker. But Zullu thinks he can make a case out of it? My first little nugget of suspicion foes on Zullu for grasping at straws.