Can Doctors heal Steam Giants???

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    Hi,

    You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

    Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

    Ikariam team

    • Can Doctors heal Steam Giants???

      I have read some old topics where it was mentioned that doctors cant heal steam gaints.
      also wikia said the same. but recently I had seen a battle where steam gaints were gaining health significantly in presence of doctors. can someone gimme a clear answer to that please and thanks :)
    • Okay. Here a few things.

      1: To see if the SGs were waved or not, we'd need to see the Events further below. Now in this case I can see they weren't waved since they did weaken between rounds 3 and 4, but I wanted to point that out for future reference.
      2: As I mentioned briefly, the SGs were actually dropping in health. In R3 they didn't lose any and in R4 they lost 6. SGs are a powerful unit and when fresh, can be very hard to take down. In R4, had you had a proper army fighting at that point, they would've lost more.
      3: The reason you'd need a proper army is because you were missing out on a lot in R4. Your artillery was 2/3 filled. Your longrange line was gone, and your frontline wasn't filled and flank units were on it. Flank sucks on the frontline and an incomplete frontline also meant you had less units dealing damage in the first place.

      In conclusion, the SGs were being weakened. However because your force in R4 when they were weak was no longer strong enough to deal any significant damage to them, they were able to continue appearing strong even though their health was no longer at a good percentage to sustain a complete fight.


      Heather wrote:

      But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

      HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

      But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • Kaleg Nar wrote:

      Okay. Here a few things.

      1: To see if the SGs were waved or not, we'd need to see the Events further below. Now in this case I can see they weren't waved since they did weaken between rounds 3 and 4, but I wanted to point that out for future reference.
      2: As I mentioned briefly, the SGs were actually dropping in health. In R3 they didn't lose any and in R4 they lost 6. SGs are a powerful unit and when fresh, can be very hard to take down. In R4, had you had a proper army fighting at that point, they would've lost more.
      3: The reason you'd need a proper army is because you were missing out on a lot in R4. Your artillery was 2/3 filled. Your longrange line was gone, and your frontline wasn't filled and flank units were on it. Flank sucks on the frontline and an incomplete frontline also meant you had less units dealing damage in the first place.

      In conclusion, the SGs were being weakened. However because your force in R4 when they were weak was no longer strong enough to deal any significant damage to them, they were able to continue appearing strong even though their health was no longer at a good percentage to sustain a complete fight.
      thanks for the answer, I know my army was weak but thats not the point.
      my only problem was SG that they were gaining health as I can see clearly. and in round 5 they gained even more. I understand ur point that no sg was killed in round 3 and some were killed in round 4. so it seems they were weakened but what I see is in health is not the same. so may be its just the display issue?
    • [turkeh]

      No, Docs don't heal SG. I think what you are seeing are the NEW units joining the battlefield from your reserves (and thus the HP increasing due to them being fresh).

      [/turkeh]

      Do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
      :turkeydance: I'm just a small turkeh, how much trouble could I get into? :turkeydance:
    • Turkeh wrote:

      [turkeh]

      No, Docs don't heal SG. I think what you are seeing are the NEW units joining the battlefield from your reserves (and thus the HP increasing due to them being fresh).

      [/turkeh]


      Yeah all that must of happened are new SG replacing the older ones there? They wouldn't of lost many simply because of your army being a little jumbled up with the wrong units in the wrong places

      You can see no units were lost in round 3 then how can you say new units joined in round 4 ?
      does it also replace the injured units? I thought the units are only replaced once they are killed.


    • Mea1 wrote:

      The damage is spread out over the number of units remaining. So when some died, new ones (that were in reserve) took their place making it apear like they were healed by the doctors when it was not the case.
      I understand the point if some unit are killed they can be replaced by new ones and health can be increased, but if you look carefully in round 3 no units were killed.
      also you can see number of reserved units is still 166, no nothing was deducted from there

      Sorry I am just trying to understand not wanna argue with anyone.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by FarhanRashid ().

    • Same type units sent in a single wave share health. 236 steam giants were sent in. 70 took the battlefield, and 166 in reserve. In round 3, the opposing units attacked and did damage to the 70 units that took the front line. In round 4, that damage was spread to all 236 of the steam giants. It makes it look like they were healed, but they were not. It is just the affect of shared health. Meaning, all the SG's (even the ones in reserve) are now at the same health. The same will occur in the next round. All the damage that was received in round 4, will be spread to ALL the SG's and it will reflect in round 5. And so forth, and so on.
    • Lavidar wrote:

      Same type units sent in a single wave share health. 236 steam giants were sent in. 70 took the battlefield, and 166 in reserve. In round 3, the opposing units attacked and did damage to the 70 units that took the front line. In round 4, that damage was spread to all 236 of the steam giants. It makes it look like they were healed, but they were not. It is just the affect of shared health. Meaning, all the SG's (even the ones in reserve) are now at the same health. The same will occur in the next round. All the damage that was received in round 4, will be spread to ALL the SG's and it will reflect in round 5. And so forth, and so on.
      so u mean the units that are in reserved are not full health?
    • Lavidar wrote:

      Same type units sent in a single wave share health. 236 steam giants were sent in. 70 took the battlefield, and 166 in reserve. In round 3, the opposing units attacked and did damage to the 70 units that took the front line. In round 4, that damage was spread to all 236 of the steam giants. It makes it look like they were healed, but they were not. It is just the affect of shared health. Meaning, all the SG's (even the ones in reserve) are now at the same health. The same will occur in the next round. All the damage that was received in round 4, will be spread to ALL the SG's and it will reflect in round 5. And so forth, and so on.


      So in that case it would be better not to have any in reserve but to wave them in and out each round. That would be great in a perfect battle but not always possible. Especially for the defender of a town. You can only work with what you have.

      Lavidar wrote:

      It is just the affect of shared health.


      Does that apply for all units or just the SGs?
      Tranquility OR Danger
      You choose


    • Dangerous 45 wrote:

      So in that case it would be better not to have any in reserve but to wave them in and out each round. That would be great in a perfect battle but not always possible. Especially for the defender of a town. You can only work with what you have.

      Yes.. It is VERY effective to wave in fresh SG's each round, if you can do it.. However, as it was mentioned, it requires alot of SG's to do this, and the 'cost' to do so can sometimes outweigh the benefit.. There are other factors involved, such as what your opponent has on the field, but that is a discussion for another day.

      Dangerous 45 wrote:

      Does that apply for all units or just the SGs?

      Yes. It applies to all units. Shared health, and shared ammo. However, in some units the shared health if very hard to see, because of the low amount of HPs. You see it more in units that have large amounts of health.. SG's. Steam rams, ect.
    • If you would like to get a really clear picture of shared health, take a look at the wall in the first round and how much damage was done to it. Then look at the second round. Let's say there was 100% damage to one wall segment and 50% damage to a second segment. The next round you would see the unaffected segments would be at (700%-150%)/7 = 78.57%. With rounding, they would show 78 or 79%. To go further, 700%/150% = 4.67. This means you would need 5 rounds of ammo for those wall breaching units to completely destroy the wall.

      Aeolus
      KAPZ will not stop until the whole of Alpha is free from BP Piracy rules. This is a matter of principles. It is up to BP to stop imposing their unfair rules which they don't follow.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Aeolus ().