Attack simulator

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• they have a player made attack simulator that can be found in the approved scripts/tools thread, although i dont know if its been updated to account for the changes that came in 3.0
    • Last I knew it was grossly inaccurate and not updated for the new stats and what not with 3.0 Might give you a rough guess at best which is better than nothing I suppose.
    • Battle Simulator

Have you ever you wanted to test a skill or waves or anything like that.

Well I wanna try some things.

Basically you can have a button on top of your page (maybe next to "high-score") and when you click on it it let's you choose what size battlefield and they'll show you the 3 options.

Then you choose your troops and the opponents and the LVL of the town hall and then you can click battle begin ad they show you one round. Then it give you a choice to send a wave and if you press yes you choose when they come inn if you don't it will go to the next round.

You can also have a button saying "go to end of battle".

I think this is a good idea but what do you think about it?

Thank you Carter & Crosswind

There's a difference between bravery and stupidity - Cookie Monster
      With a bit of creativity there is always another option - Cookie Monster
      You can get beginners luck, but the rest is all you - Cookie Monster

Visit the Fan Art Section
    • I did a quick search and I don't know if its legal or not... or hell, if it still works so maybe baby can help us out on that part but this is what I've found.

ikariamlibrary.com/?content=IkaFight

edit - its for V 3.0 I think...

and yes, it would slow the game down WAYYYYYYYy too much if it was added so its not a good idea for 'in game'

1/5 as well

Sig by June 8)
      Love is like air, without it... I die.

spaPOT wrote:

no worriess..you see im a kid thats why im dumb..kuku :pillepalle:

The post was edited 1 time, last by bamcbix ().

• I honestly think it's going to be a lot harder to create than it sounds. Something like this takes quite a bit of time to develop and get it to work right, if it was easy, someone would have created a script for one by now. And, by the way bamcbix, I've tried that, and I don't think it really works very well. To this point, there isn't any reliable Battle Sim that's been created yet.

I'll give you a 2/5 for effort, but such an option isn't as easy as it sounds to create.
    • -StarDust- wrote:

I honestly think it's going to be a lot harder to create than it sounds. Something like this takes quite a bit of time to develop and get it to work right, if it was easy, someone would have created a script for one by now. And, by the way bamcbix, I've tried that, and I don't think it really works very well. To this point, there isn't any reliable Battle Sim that's been created yet.

I'll give you a 2/5 for effort, but such an option isn't as easy as it sounds to create.

well firstly, that one is outdated anyways so its not worth what time it was given to mess with and also, I don't use them, I just go from my experience. I didnt like this idea anyways because it takes the human out of the game :cynical:

my vote still stands.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• As bamcbix stated, it would take the human out of the game, it might make wars preditable, but it might spawn new tactics!

I think there's a script or something for this. You could request a script for it. One that's seperate from the game.
    • Seeming as no-one likes the idea please close thread

Thank you Carter & Crosswind

There's a difference between bravery and stupidity - Cookie Monster
      With a bit of creativity there is always another option - Cookie Monster
      You can get beginners luck, but the rest is all you - Cookie Monster

Visit the Fan Art Section
    • Root, what do you mean "plan battles?"

If you are using this for a war, or even a pillage, then its useless. There are too many ways to change the battlefield. Troops coming in, blockades, etc.

Not really useful unless its for tactics or something, or you have the unexpected planned into it. :bleh:
    • I would recommend the Barbarian Village be used for battle simulations. The ceiling should be lifted to no limits. Each attack makes the Barbarians stronger. Even randomizing the strength, number of units and types of units the Barbarians use in each battle would be the element of surprise and the vehicle to understand the battle system as the current installed version is coded.
    • ehh... no thanks, the b. village is only for noobs to learn that they can attack and that they need to d this and that to their units, after that intro to attacking, its simply unneeded for the village and the people should be left out to learn on their own. Also, the village is only for barbarians not for the other :censored: Simulators just take the human out of the game.

Sig by June 8)

spaPOT wrote:

• Caligula wrote:

I would recommend the Barbarian Village be used for battle simulations. The ceiling should be lifted to no limits. Each attack makes the Barbarians stronger. Even randomizing the strength, number of units and types of units the Barbarians use in each battle would be the element of surprise and the vehicle to understand the battle system as the current installed version is coded.

Barbairan Village? Honestly?

IT ALREADY MAKES BARBARIANS STRONGER. Only up to a certain limit it does. Also, Barbarians are just dumb nomadic soldiers who don't care about making civilization in RL. Probably they were too dumb to invent any technology lol that must be why they fail.

Also, Barbarian axe-swingers aren't that strong. Hell, 1 hoplite can kill 1 barbarian with minimal losses. Doesn't seem worth it, anyways maybe someone'll make an external script for it.

Barbarian villages were only designed to help out noobs, lets say your a noob with a small spear band to collect some resources, and then you run into an army of Steams and bombs lol. :lol:
    • Six wrote:

Barbarian villages were only designed to help out noobs, lets say your a noob with a small spear band to collect some resources, and then you run into an army of Steams and bombs

And thus making the Barbarian Village without an attack cap, adding more structure to the town and more strength as each level is completed Eventually the town is even stronger than the strongest of players with large armies would have trouble defeating it.

Change the reward at a certain level from resources to gold.

Or if you are afraid of losing your armies, then make the battle with no reward but also no loses. A stronger, random demographic of fighters each time you attack the village.

There are always plenty of options to use existing parts of the game but change them rather than waste our space. If the BV is capped and brings nothing to the table if your not a noob, then remove it. Or improve it so it is useful throughout the entire life of a player on the server.
    • Caligula wrote:

Six wrote:

Barbarian villages were only designed to help out noobs, lets say your a noob with a small spear band to collect some resources, and then you run into an army of Steams and bombs

And thus making the Barbarian Village without an attack cap, adding more structure to the town and more strength as each level is completed Eventually the town is even stronger than the strongest of players with large armies would have trouble defeating it.

Change the reward at a certain level from resources to gold.

Or if you are afraid of losing your armies, then make the battle with no reward but also no loses. A stronger, random demographic of fighters each time you attack the village.

There are always plenty of options to use existing parts of the game but change them rather than waste our space. If the BV is capped and brings nothing to the table if your not a noob, then remove it. Or improve it so it is useful throughout the entire life of a player on the server.

Random demograph of fighters?

Listen, I must say putting in "random fighters" is VERY stupid. How are you supposed to know how many troops to send in if it is randomized anytime? If it is RANDOM, then there is no chance to learn anything at all. They waste no space at all, they are just a small pixelated hut on the island, hell, I don't even look at it.

Gold is quite useless in raw form, unless you are in a war. But then again, you'd have to SPEND gold to get gold. And that gold would just fill the empty void of what you spent.

NO REWARD WITH NO LOSSES? Are you CRAZY? I wonder who would fight for no reward... :lol: . Also, if it is so strong not even the biggest players can beat it, WHY HAVE IT OPEN ANYWAYS? With all the features you are suggesting, it can easily be abused. Or easily ignored.

:bleh: