Cinetheater

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Hi,

You can find new board on address: https://forum.ikariam.gameforge.com/
    Please register there to continue with usage.

Old forum is in read only mode and will stay like that for some time

Ikariam team

• Cinetheater

So, we have a new thing in our cities - Cinetheater!

Briefly, you would watch up to three videos and get rewards for watching each of them till the end.Rewards are +20 wood, +20 marble and 150 points for daily objective list.

Personally, I think it is fine.Improves visual look of the city.I did say I expect developers to fill the empty areas on the sides with this kind of stuff and I see it is happening.
      Speaking of rewards, +20 is not a big thing.By the way, it triggers only for one city, not for all.However, active producers will be happy with any increase after all.
      The last one is good.Getting 150 points for the daily objective gets you very close to the Ambrosia boosters.If you can do the easy tasks regularly each day + add 150 points for watching a 50 seconds video, there you have it.

Maybe the only bad thing about this is that they will remove it in a few days.It would not be bad if the object still visually remains there.Why not ? :tongue:
      What are your opinions ?
    • lamentation wrote:

In my case, the reward doesn't trigger at all, so this seems like a giant waste of time.

If the reward does not trigger, please provide information regarding browser, scripts etc. Either by opening a thread in the bug-section or sending me a PM. The reward only works in the city the movie is being watched.

Found a bug? Message me or open a ticket
    • I just tried it and it works for me.
      This will come in handy in my wine town.
      Speak softly and carry a big stick.
      Carsten van Husen: We employee some of the most skilled howler monkeys bandanna's can buy!; Sure they have an unnatural fascination with their own excrement and a compulsion to throw it, But we're still the most innovative simian based company in the industry.
    • Kaleg Nar wrote:

A thread from Sampsia on .org (one of the admins) stated the Cinetheater will only be present until June 8th.

board.en.ikariam.gameforge.com…-cinetheatre/#post3654007

Oooh Game Forge, How many man hours did you piss away on this limited time gimick to get us to watch your ad's? :lolbash:
      Good to know the development team time is being well managed :pillepalle:
      Carsten van Husen: We employee some of the most skilled howler monkeys bandanna's can buy!; Sure they have an unnatural fascination with their own excrement and a compulsion to throw it, But we're still the most innovative simian based company in the industry.
    • I dunno i think the time limit is just to trial and then if it is successful and used frequently then more time will be imputed to get a really well thought out feature where we can watch ads religiously for bonuses! I could be wrong but I think it will make some kind of permanent feature! :thumbup:

Avatar and sig by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
    • Well I hope so, I like it so far, You can only use each of the two once and only in 1 town.. so It's balanced I think.
      But if they don't find a way to put it to permanant use it seems like a waste of energy that could have gone into more important things.
    • No, it is not making its way into permanent stay.For the following reasons:

1) They are not testing it; they have test servers for that.Nothing goes on competitive servers until it is fully tested on test servers.This feature clearly gets there when Gameforge wants to promote a game or two.And they won`t run this promotion permanently, it does not make sense.

2) Bonuses would beat some Ambrosia features.Current buyers will probably continue to enjoy 20% on all cities, but new buyers won`t be attracted.They would be happy to have one town produce 20% wood, second one 20% marble, and third one to pump up daily task points and get booster there as well.Every day that makes it three boosters for free.GF would not be happy about that.

I do wish they keep the object there just for the visual reasons.
    • Well at least a few people will try the other GF games on account of the ads. They probably figure getting more people in their other games is well worth the development. It'd also explain the short duration because after six days, if you haven't joined the other game yet, you probably won't.

So I think it'll come along like the Spartans. Never permanent when it comes, but always lurking.

Heather wrote:

But baka, how can you be the cop if you're not playing?

HaNs Na MiTrAljEzU wrote:

But then again, knowing Kaleg, it could also mean we're all screwed later.
    • @Amethyst

There 3 things here and you must provide more info about what you see and your location, so better submit a bug ticket because of all sensitive data you need to provide.

- first, there is the cache problem. Yes, this solves problems generated by a full cache, unfinished loading of pages, damaged cached files. Trying another browser is a plus because definitely it is not the same cache, although every browser has its own cache that needs to be cleared from time to time. Not only for this game, but for every similar site

- second, there is the location problem. Some countries have a policy to block YouTube sites, therefore residents of those countries cannot watch the movies stored on YouTube.

- third, playing movies in a browser relies on internal or external third party player drivers. So, a successful movie play depends on what multimedia software, add-ons and plugins you have installed on your computer. It may be flash-player from Adobe, VLC add-on, HTML5 add-on, etc.

Tip: If you can run the movie until the end but you do not get the bonus you don't need to waste time watching it till the end every time. If you see the counter 0:00 / 0:30 (or any other value for the second number) it means you get the bonus at the end. But if you see 0:00 / 0:00 you won't get the bonus because something was wrong in loading the page in the first place.